[Q] What is the most current/best version of TWRP?

Search This thread

heliguide62

Sep 13, 2012
Park City UTAH
I've been a little confused about which is the best most current version of TWRP to use, Ive tried 2.7.0.7 ,2.7.0.8, 2.7.0.2...Every time i try to flash a rom or anything it fails, Whats even more troubling is my nandriod backups fail as well , when the backup is completed TWRP indicates "backup successful .. but when i go to restore it .. it fails.. is it me? .. am i missing something here?... im rooted s-off currently running the harman /kardon software

heliguide62

Sep 13, 2012
Park City UTAH
Just tried 2.7.1.0... that failed too ... Any one else have any Ideas? ..Maybe a compatibility problrm with the H/k software?.. maybe ill try philz and see if i have any better luck

Last edited:

heliguide62

Sep 13, 2012
Park City UTAH
I just tried flashing viper using Philz.. that failed as well... gotta be something im missing or something in the way my phone is configured or a software incompatibility problem .. or evil spirits!!......really frustrating!!!!!...

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
Have you tried changing Android.txt rom SPCS_001 to SPCS_004 or something like that... Hk edition isn't really supported quite yet...

Ok so I went to install 2.7.0.8 via the Hboot method but I failed customer ID check....failed the fastboot method as well for the same reason..So I opened the android-info.txt file with Notepad++ and saw that it's looking for SPCS_001....As I have the HK I could see why this was a problem so I changed that to SPCS_004 and bam HBoot method worked perfectly....only thing is....my recovery UI is TINY! lol...it's like if you divided the screen evenly in 4ths, the recovery is in the top left 1/4th of the screen....all of it appears to be there it's just so tiny it's difficult to navigate with my big thumbs lol. Any idea what I can do to make it take up the whole screen?

Here is a hk version I did the abovementioned should work for you now
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0r66i3gdpbmbu8/0P6BIMG-2.7.1.0-hk.zip

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: heliguide62

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
Lol,I made it off of their image.... It's simple you just make a folder name it 0P6BIMG, take a firmware.zip open it steal the Android.txt file in there, put it in your folder, with their recovery image rename their recovery image to recovery.img zip it up and you're good to go... Lol the SPCS_001 to SPCS_004 information I found at http://www.themikmik.com/

Google and a little searching will always be your best friend!

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
The wipe screen order.

I think it's the same as you posted before, just gotta pay attention. If you are just like flashing a mod it usually gives you the option to wipe dalvik/cache after you flash, the wipe menu usually in my experience is for when you are getting ready to clean wipe and flash a new Rom which is a good idea to wipe system. The ones I'd be most concerned about is wiping internal/external sd cards

monyozt

Mar 18, 2008
kudus
I think it's the same as you posted before, just gotta pay attention. If you are just like flashing a mod it usually gives you the option to wipe dalvik/cache after you flash, the wipe menu usually in my experience is for when you are getting ready to clean wipe and flash a new Rom which is a good idea to wipe system. The ones I'd be most concerned about is wiping internal/external sd cards

Im usingg harman kardon edition. Having problem with touchscreen issue when i want to flash custom rom

heliguide62

Sep 13, 2012
Park City UTAH
So.. that version of twrpkinda worked.. i managed to flash that nVm8 rom successfully,so its not AROMA related.. however that's the only thing i could flash .. tried viper .. and a few other things.... they all still failed ..and when i went to install nVm8, I did a factory reset... Twrp did a FULL sys wipe..AND wiped out my nandroid as well. Glad it flashed successfully or i would have been stuck with no OS AGAIN... the only reason im on the hk software is because the same thing happened to me on a previous version of twrp and had to run the hk ruu just to get an operating sys. on the phone..

Im thinking about just going back to regular m8 firmware .. change cid back ... and flash the firmware i guess EH?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2.7.1.0 is the latest just released a little bit ago...I don't own h/k edition but this is bootloader flashable I just made for non hk edition
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jc7pubpvu09tt81/0P6BIMG-2.7.1.0.zip

Have you tried changing Android.txt rom SPCS_001 to SPCS_004 or something like that... Hk edition isn't really supported quite yet...

Ok so I went to install 2.7.0.8 via the Hboot method but I failed customer ID check....failed the fastboot method as well for the same reason..So I opened the android-info.txt file with Notepad++ and saw that it's looking for SPCS_001....As I have the HK I could see why this was a problem so I changed that to SPCS_004 and bam HBoot method worked perfectly....only thing is....my recovery UI is TINY! lol...it's like if you divided the screen evenly in 4ths, the recovery is in the top left 1/4th of the screen....all of it appears to be there it's just so tiny it's difficult to navigate with my big thumbs lol. Any idea what I can do to make it take up the whole screen?

Here is a hk version I did the abovementioned should work for you now
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0r66i3gdpbmbu8/0P6BIMG-2.7.1.0-hk.zip