Phone Displayed HTC Logo And Then Goes To Black Screen

Search This thread

kwilson7770

Aug 19, 2014
I installed all of the HTC Rezound KitKat ROMs I could find (at least legit looking ones), but they all have the same symptom. Upon boot, the phone vibrates, it then displays the HTC logo. Once the logo disappears it goes to a black screen and stays there for numerous minutes on end. I eventually get frustrated and pull out the battery. Below is more detailed information:

Bootloader Info:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
VIGOR PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.28.0000
RADIO-2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r
OpenDSP-v14.6.0.7708.00.0507
eMMC-boot
Sep 20 2012,17:40:22

Recovery:
ClockwordMod Recovery v6.0.3.1 (touch edition)

ROMs Tried (Verified All MD5 Hashes):
LS-KK-v3.1-OFFICIAL-vigor - LiquidSmooth Latest Stable
LS-KK-v3.2-2014-07-18-vigor - LiquidSmooth Latest Nightly
vanir_vigor_4.4.4.081614 - Latest Vanir
illusion-4.4.4-20140801-vigor-WEEKLY - Latest Illusion
Plain-Andy-4.4.2-vigor - Failed on install

Trying:
Other random ROMs that say are for Rezound

Rom That Did Just Work (Although Not What I Am Looking For Since It Is Jelly Bean)
Liquid-JB-v2.37-OFFICIAL-vigor (in gets past the black screen issue I was having, but it is quite buggy (com.android,phone continuously crashes)
Liquid-JB-v2.12-OFFICIAL-vigor (my ROM before trying to update, works just fine. I installed it so I have a working phone for the time being. It currently has no issues)

Last edited:

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I installed all of the HTC Rezound KitKat ROMs I could find (at least legit looking ones), but they all have the same symptom. Upon boot, the phone vibrates, it then displays the HTC logo. Once the logo disappears it goes to a black screen and stays there for numerous minutes on end. I eventually get frustrated and pull out the battery. Below is more detailed information:

Bootloader Info:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
VIGOR PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.28.0000
eMMC-boot

Recovery:

Trying:

Rom That Did Just Work (Although Not What I Am Looking For Since It Is Jelly Bean)
Liquid-JB-v2.37-OFFICIAL-vigor (in gets past the black screen issue I was having, but it is quite buggy (com.android,phone continuously crashes)
Liquid-JB-v2.12-OFFICIAL-vigor (my ROM before trying to update, works just fine. I installed it so I have a working phone for the time being. It currently has no issues)
Update your recovery to the latest TWRP 2.7.1... Also, you are S-ON, so you need to flash the boot.img seperately via fastboot, you cannot flash it from recovery that is flashed in the device, or you need to boot recovery via fastboot to get the boot.img to flash.

Reactions: kwilson7770 and Neo

Neo

Moderator Emeritus / The One - ΠΣΘ
Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
What ace said. Your prominent issue is that you are not fastboot flashing your kernel. If you were S=OFF it wouldn't be an issue.

Neo
Forum Moderator

Reactions: kwilson7770

kwilson7770

Aug 19, 2014
Update your recovery to the latest TWRP 2.7.1... Also, you are S-ON, so you need to flash the boot.img seperately via fastboot, you cannot flash it from recovery that is flashed in the device, or you need to boot recovery via fastboot to get the boot.img to flash.

Thanks! I was unaware of this additional step because the last couple of times I flashed ROMs it wasn't required or I was S-Off. I will try this out tomorrow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Bootloader Info:
    *** TAMPERED ***
    *** UNLOCKED ***
    VIGOR PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-2.28.0000
    eMMC-boot

Recovery:

Trying:

What ace said. Your prominent issue is that you are not fastboot flashing your kernel. If you were S=OFF it wouldn't be an issue.

Neo
    Forum Moderator
    It works now!

Thanks so much for the advice Neo and Ace. I found this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1752270 and was able to flash the boot.img with no problem. I am currently running Kit Kat!!!!!!

Thanks again!