Custom roms and hacks HTC VIVID

Search This thread

greypimps

Jan 10, 2012
ok this is my second android..been apple fanboy for a long time.. I was able to flash roms with my atrix.. but this htc is kinda new to me and i dont know whaat rom is good..and some of the roms i looked at they dont tell you how to install it right of their page. I just need a rom that have free hotspot or tethering build into. please tell me what rom is out there that i should get, need something that is stable.

greypimps

Jan 10, 2012

jazzmoe76

Jan 2, 2012
Wauwatosa
thnx..but wow, very long instruction...anything more easier than that?
A lot of the instructions show multiple ways to do the same things. to break it down, you first need to unlock the phone. Unlocking is the most difficult part. (and its not that difficult). Then you flash the kernal, then the rom. I havent tried Rumraider. But, Ive had stock, Holicakes and HoliRaider 0.1 and 0.2. So far HoliRaider 0.2 is the best. Take your time, follow the directions exactly as listed and within an hour or less you will be there.

Last edited:

greypimps

Jan 10, 2012
unlocking atm... cant get teh fastboot exe..gotta update something..,

problem.. i cant get the dam fastboot.exe file. it says i need someting r16 i believe, and i try to update it, but it takes pretty long.. i back up out of it a few times but still same thing, looks like its updating everything (google api's...)

Last edited:

cannothas

Jan 22, 2011
Durango
unlocking atm... cant get teh fastboot exe..gotta update something..,

problem.. i cant get the dam fastboot.exe file. it says i need someting r16 i believe, and i try to update it, but it takes pretty long.. i back up out of it a few times but still same thing, looks like its updating everything (google api's...)

I recently unlocked my Vivid, it sounds like you're talking about the part where you have to download the Android SDK, yes? After downloading the SDK, there are 2 parts of the SDK you need to add before you can begin. If this is where you are at, try the instructions here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html.

#Edit#

Also, try unchecking everything that's checked in the SDK program, and only check the two parts htcdev instructions say you need:
"...You will see there are many packages you can update. Please install Android SDK Platform Tools and Android SDK Tools (Please update it if your SDK version is r11)."

Last edited:

greypimps

Jan 10, 2012
I recently unlocked my Vivid, it sounds like you're talking about the part where you have to download the Android SDK, yes? After downloading the SDK, there are 2 parts of the SDK you need to add before you can begin. If this is where you are at, try the instructions here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html.

#Edit#

Also, try unchecking everything that's checked in the SDK program, and only check the two parts htcdev instructions say you need:
"...You will see there are many packages you can update. Please install Android SDK Platform Tools and Android SDK Tools (Please update it if your SDK version is r11)."

I'm way pass that...already got token, unlocked and flashed...
Only thing I need to know is where u guys put those CRT restore files on some of the roms

cannothas

Jan 22, 2011
Durango
Good deal, just making sure you got unlocked - I figured since it was a couple days old.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can start with reading this thread.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1416836

Than I could recomend the RuRaider one from PigrateGhost, the Beta release 10 is stable and good. It is also using 2.3.7.

In the development section there is a thread which has Unlocked Stock, with CIQ stuff removed which also is good and stable rom.