How to Re-Odex SecMms.apk and SecMms.dex?

Search This thread

slackerz_86

Sep 15, 2008
Singapore
i have a question for you guys.

i have a N9005 with stock latest rom which is NE4. i am rooted. i tooked secmms.apk and secmms.odex from /system/priv-app and actually decompiled it using apktool for Android itself. i edited the mmsconfig.smali file for certain mods.

the question now is, how do i actually recompile it back? i have secmms_src and secmms_odex folders. how do i recompile it back to odex format for my odex stock rom?

thanks with regards.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Kamy

Aug 29, 2012
Beijing
This may help you but make a back up first.

Find a deodex SecMms.apk and modify it as you need.
Then rename it to Modded_SecMms.apk and put it in system\priv-app or wherever it belongs to, do not remove original one (SecMms.apk, SecMms.odex)
Flash Universal Odex Script
Then odex your file see how to do it in that thread
Remove original non-modded one from system folder with its correcsponding odex file
Rename your modded file to its original pack name SecMms.apk (you shoud find both Modded_SecMms.apk and Modded_SecMms.odex)
Check permission to rw,r,r
Reboot
I guess this is the only possible way.

slackerz_86

Sep 15, 2008
Singapore
This may help you but make a back up first.

Find a deodex SecMms.apk and modify it as you need.
Then rename it to Modded_SecMms.apk and put it in system\priv-app or wherever it belongs to, do not remove original one (SecMms.apk, SecMms.odex)
Flash Universal Odex Script
Then odex your file see how to do it in that thread
Remove original non-modded one from system folder with its correcsponding odex file
Rename your modded file to its original pack name SecMms.apk (you shoud find both Modded_SecMms.apk and Modded_SecMms.odex)
Check permission to rw,r,r
Reboot
I guess this is the only possible way.

I have to wait till i get home from work in another 12hrs in order to do this. Tanx for this link. I will try it out and will update u.

slackerz_86

Sep 15, 2008
Singapore
Try this app you can Oxed the SecMms.apk (and more system apps)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SystemCleanup.Inteks.org

(After its done you may need to set the permission on the SecMms.odex manually.)

But the thing is, from apktool for android, i can create a deodexed apk of SecMms. But no matter how i push to my phone even after setting permission, MESSAGES doesnt appear at all.