[WIP/ROM/DEV/UNOFFICIAL] Android 4.0 (Ice cream sandwich) AOSP Porting (.32)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Bytecode

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2010
/dev/null
Hi there guys,
I just read about Android 4.0,released today. As I promised from june,I wil try to port it to you guys (even because I'm not working at any project now).

The first alpha will be available in few days (if all goes well),maybe one week. I already got the SDK dump,so i could try to make it boot,but I prefer using sources. BTW,when CyanogenMod 9 will be released(CM8 is some crappy Honeycomb),I'll make CM9 port.

EDIT: I can't make the SDK boot. Libs are built from ARMv7,but we're ARMv6. So wait for sources to be released.

SOME INFOS:

• ROM will be based on .32 kernel tree,then I'll switch to .35
  • Nothing in mind now.

Current status: Planning to download sources. I need to ask some help too,because I don't know for good this AOSP stuff. Will probably ask to lupohirp :)

Last edited:

Human_dude_007

Jul 30, 2011
chennai
Hi there guys,
I just read about Android 4.0,released today. As I promised from june,I wil try to port it to you guys (even because I'm not working at any project now.

The first alpha will be available in few days (if all goes well),maybe one week. I already got the SDK dump,so i could try to make it boot,but I prefer using sources. BTW,when CyanogenMod 8 will be released,I'll make CM8 port.

SOME INFOS:

• Nothing in mind now.

Current status: Planning to download sources. I need to ask some help too,because I don't know for good this AOSP stuff. Will probably ask to lupohirp :)
all d very best mate!!!hope u succeed in the first try itself:)

Reactions: neelgangrade

Bytecode

Dec 30, 2010
/dev/null
hope you get it before sweattaiami does:p

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of reporting it,but I don't know. He/She litterally took my project.

BTW,sources out in end of october,and first days of november. So now working on making closed source rom boot,because I can't wait to see how ICS looks on LG P500. Will post a video soon,currently doing other stuff not related to this.

Last edited:

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
I'm thinking of reporting it,but I don't know. He/She litterally took my project.

BTW,sources out in end of october,and first days of november. So now working on making closed source rom boot,because I can't wait to see how ICS looks on LG P500. Will post a video soon,currently doing other stuff not related to this.

It will looks horrible becuz is too small to our screens?!

Sent from my Nexus One using MIUI 1.10.14 AND IT LOOKS LIKE ICS

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
It will looks horrible becuz is too small to our screens?!

No it wont!! It has been made up for all devices... not just hdpi... it has compatibility with our mdpi resolution... i checked the framework in the system dump to confirm... it has mdpi support...

BTW dax, you could create a themed rom of ICS?? you have the framework now... plus a few leaked appz... ;)
Sorry for off topic.. ;)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

lupohirp

Jul 27, 2010
Avellino
No it wont!! It has been made up for all devices... not just hdpi... it has compatibility with our mdpi resolution... i checked the framework in the system dump to confirm... it has mdpi support...

BTW dax, you could create a themed rom of ICS?? you have the framework now... plus a few leaked appz... ;)
Sorry for off topic.. ;)

right!!!also he has something in framework/systemUI code that can fit UI in all screen (also qvga) so we will haven't bad icons or something like that ;)

ert69

Jan 24, 2011
Ah well ciaox,

just ignore SWEATTAIMI, nothing usefull came from there, just crap threads and posts, just don't understand why some noobs call him/her their hero :rolleyes:.
Reported several times, requested to remove those useless threads, but still no reaction.
Anyway, good luck on your project :D

Took the words outta my mouth.. :D

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore

Sorry for off topic.. ;)

Im planning that for gbs rom update next week... ;)

Garuxa

May 12, 2011
Santiago
Ah well ciaox,

just ignore SWEATTAIMI, nothing usefull came from there, just crap threads and posts, just don't understand why some noobs call him/her their hero :rolleyes:.
Reported several times, requested to remove those useless threads, but still no reaction.

Agree, agree and agree with all this :D

Good luck ciaox :)

Enviado desde mi LG-P500

dhk.-

Aug 9, 2011
Rancagua
Great News!

a big project ciaox! any help or test that you will need to do, count me... i've the sdk system.img decompiled... if i can help you with something... please tell me...

adfad666

Jul 29, 2011
I've been playing around with ICS in the emulator, and I've been wondering what the advantages will be for us over Gingerbread.

The UI overhaul seems nice enough, though ICS seems to be designed for devices with no hardware menu button. In the native apps included, there is a bar at the bottom which has buttons that were normally hidden and accessed by the menu button.

This basically means we'll be losing screen space in ICS, unless this bar can be hidden for devices that do have a dedicated menu button, though I couldn't find the option in the emulator.

The ram usage is more than double that of Gingerbread (45MB vs 98MB). Luckily our O1 phones will be able to manage this fine (mine is currently using 159MB, with 243MB free) but for other phones the upgrade is going to render them useless.

The big problem is going to be the sheer size of ICS. In the Gingerbread emulator the system.img is 89MB but for ICS it is 167MB. Which is of course the bare minimum for the emulator, 'real' Android with Gapps etc is bigger. CM7.1 takes up 154MB of the 190MB /system partition on my phone. To get ICS on our O1 we'll probably have to do some partition resizing, which means a smaller /data partition for our installed apps.

Reactions: ur6beersaway

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
I've been playing around with ICS in the emulator, and I've been wondering what the advantages will be for us over Gingerbread.

The UI overhaul seems nice enough, though ICS seems to be designed for devices with no hardware menu button. In the native apps included, there is a bar at the bottom which has buttons that were normally hidden and accessed by the menu button.

This basically means we'll be losing screen space in ICS, unless this bar can be hidden for devices that do have a dedicated menu button, though I couldn't find the option in the emulator.

The ram usage is more than double that of Gingerbread (45MB vs 98MB). Luckily our O1 phones will be able to manage this fine (mine is currently using 159MB, with 243MB free) but for other phones the upgrade is going to render them useless.

The big problem is going to be the sheer size of ICS. In the Gingerbread emulator the system.img is 89MB but for ICS it is 167MB. Which is of course the bare minimum for the emulator, 'real' Android with Gapps etc is bigger. CM7.1 takes up 154MB of the 190MB /system partition on my phone. To get ICS on our O1 we'll probably have to do some partition resizing, which means a smaller /data partition for our installed apps.

Oh well, we'll have to wait and see how CM team is gonna handle the buttons on the screen.

Sent from my LG-P500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there guys,
    I just read about Android 4.0,released today. As I promised from june,I wil try to port it to you guys (even because I'm not working at any project now).

The first alpha will be available in few days (if all goes well),maybe one week. I already got the SDK dump,so i could try to make it boot,but I prefer using sources. BTW,when CyanogenMod 9 will be released(CM8 is some crappy Honeycomb),I'll make CM9 port.

EDIT: I can't make the SDK boot. Libs are built from ARMv7,but we're ARMv6. So wait for sources to be released.

SOME INFOS:

• Nothing in mind now.

sorry for OT...

sometimes i wonder something how the "kids" (i'm sorry - i'm almost 40 years old) learn
    programming languages so fast. The first time i was coding on simple websites and as i was 20,
    later (if i remember right) with a age of 25 i began to learn higher programming languages
    like C/C++ and JAVA - in this time there wasnt Android actual, i was doing only some
    **** with that code and have stopped to coding^^ ... with start of gingerbread source release
    in ocotober 2010 i was starting again to code in this programming languages and now its fun :D

But, i think i was living in another generation - for me and my knowledge of all about programming
    and learning that i have to say: respect to the "kids" from today, they are our feature :)
    Ah well ciaox,

I'm not working at it sadly because I don't have a much powerful computer :(

Stop being stupid, ciaox is a kid, he is not a developer!!!

Actually I'm a teenager,but yes,mr 50-year old businessman,you can call me a kid. But just look at my profile: What does Recognized Developer mean?
    Ok,who moved this? Do I need to remember moderators this is a dev project and not a discussion thread? We are talking about stuff here,I already have an alpha ICS (not booting for now,SDK),so please leave this to devs.

Unless there is dev to show, the thread is just talking about a possible ROM, then it belong to general.
    Other way the thread whould be locked.
    You should allready know that.
    When you remove the "WIP" and show some dev i will move it to dev.

Thanks for your work.
    Cheers