[Q] S5830i failed to mount /data

Search This thread

HMBR

Jan 2, 2012
Hi All

I have an S5830i that was given. When i got it, all it was doing during the startup was show RZ and a loading bar and then RZ and the loading bar again. I finaly managed to get it into download mode and flashed a stock Samsung ROM using ODIN, after ODIN has flash then phone restarts and on the next screen that is pretty quick I some of the following

something that mentions CSC
Failed to mount /data rebooting

I tried to go into the recovery mode to clear the data (factory reset) and i get failed to mount /data.

The phone is now bootlooping - is there a way to fix this

abhi922

Jul 29, 2012
Toronto
wrong.........section...............

& try to flash stock rom using odin again..............

HMBR

Jan 2, 2012
I have tried to flash rom using .pit file & checked the option repartition the phone is still boot looping and not starting.

Ankur19

Jan 26, 2013
Jorhat
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Hi All

I have an S5830i that was given. When i got it, all it was doing during the startup was show RZ and a loading bar and then RZ and the loading bar again. I finaly managed to get it into download mode and flashed a stock Samsung ROM using ODIN, after ODIN has flash then phone restarts and on the next screen that is pretty quick I some of the following

something that mentions CSC
Failed to mount /data rebooting

I tried to go into the recovery mode to clear the data (factory reset) and i get failed to mount /data.

The phone is now bootlooping - is there a way to fix this

first u need to have cwm recovery..there in'mounts and storage' ,u need to format system,format data and format cache..now try to mount each one of them..they will mount....now restart ur fone in download mode nd flash stock via odin.

HMBR

Jan 2, 2012
first u need to have cwm recovery..there in'mounts and storage' ,u need to format system,format data and format cache..now try to mount each one of them..they will mount....now restart ur fone in download mode nd flash stock via odin.

I can format all except when i try to format /data

"Formatting /data"
"Error Mounting /data"
"Skipping Format . . ."

What else can i try to make the data partition mount