updated to kitkat from 4.3 mj4 phone freezing

Search This thread

monty_python

Dec 31, 2011
HI all anyone can help me with my phone freezing every 5 mins and then i have to pull the battery or hold the power down to reset it. this started after i installed kitkat and i followed the installation to the letter T and my basband still has MJ4 in it as well and Software Version i am unsure if this has anything to do with it. I have taken steps from which i thought were the problem and have not been successful at all i have installed three different versions of kitkat and still get the same results as well as the Baseband and the Software version does not change even with me installing a kitkat boot loader and all kitkat components that are available at the moment. does anyone know where i can find kitkat modem/firmware i see the firmware but no modem.

monty_python

Dec 31, 2011
Did you have any luck fixing the freezing? Im having the same issue.

No, I just called sprint and complained that I did a update and now my phone freezes randomly and I was not going to sit in a sprint store for 2 hours and that I had better things to do so don't waste my time telling me to go to the sprint store . So she sent me another note3.. With kitkat pre installed. .

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

Reactions: micmars

monty_python

Dec 31, 2011
No, I just called sprint and complained that I did a update and now my phone freezes randomly and I was not going to sit in a sprint store for 2 hours and that I had better things to do so don't waste my time telling me to go to the sprint store . So she sent me another note3.. With kitkat pre installed. .

Just wondering if you found a fix?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: micmars

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I luckily read the following post, did it perfectly and am now having a great KK experience. If you want help, click the link below and read the 10th post down.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2669126&page=2

Please give thanks to @rlmiller for his step by step contribution.

Let us know if I've helped either of you.

I think it's great that @rlmiller provides instructions, but I kindly ask that you avoid linking to instructions that are tethered to one specific rom. These Q&A threads are from folks whom need tailored help, and I highly encourage providing that help.

Linking a user whose aim is to upgrade to TouchWiz KitKat to one specific rom draws the user towards one something in lieu of many possibilities.

I've written at least 3 such instructions in the last 2 nights, equally detailed, and specific to the user.

I'd think it better for all development if the question were answered or linked to same, unfettered by a specific rom.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Reactions: freeza and rlmiller

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2657447 and flash that thru Odin so it gives you everything firmware....etc then root if you are wanting to be rooted
    I luckily read the following post, did it perfectly and am now having a great KK experience. If you want help, click the link below and read the 10th post down.

I think it's great that @rlmiller provides instructions, but I kindly ask that you avoid linking to instructions that are tethered to one specific rom. These Q&A threads are from folks whom need tailored help, and I highly encourage providing that help.

Linking a user whose aim is to upgrade to TouchWiz KitKat to one specific rom draws the user towards one something in lieu of many possibilities.

I've written at least 3 such instructions in the last 2 nights, equally detailed, and specific to the user.

I'd think it better for all development if the question were answered or linked to same, unfettered by a specific rom.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2