Accidentally wiped data....T_T

Search This thread

mazzafox

Apr 7, 2012
Hi all, so I got this nice S4 i9505 (telstra unlocked).

after a week I thought I'd try install pacman rom.

I installed openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.1-jfltexx.tar

I wiped all caches, system, data, and than the fatal mistake, I wiped the WRONG data...... now I have nothing on my phone.

It wasn't rooted, I've lost everything, I need to get I9505XXUEMJ5 (stock) and flash it back on, and start again.

I tried CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip

than openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.1-jfltexx.tar

right now I have twrp on there, and not much else.

basically, I've wiped the data and now i need to reinstall stock. than start again flashing pacman.

how can I get out of this situation?

I can't find I9505XXUEMJ5 ANYWHERE with a reliable download, the one I've got is 10KB/s and will take 30HOURS to download T_T T_T T_T I need help....

thanks in advance :3

I need my phone T_T it's brand new.

I'm assuming I9505XXUEMJ5 is the right firmware to flash on it, and that I don't need any extra modem or anything to flash?

to flash pacman rom I just need to install copy rom to phone after stock rom is on, reboot into twrp and flash rom??
what about root?
when I try install CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip from TWRP it works, but when I booted into the telstra firmware it said SuperSu crashed straight away.

Last edited:

dwarfer66

Mar 31, 2014
Perth
Hi all, so I got this nice S4 i9505 (telstra unlocked).

after a week I thought I'd try install pacman rom.

I installed openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.1-jfltexx.tar

I wiped all caches, system, data, and than the fatal mistake, I wiped the WRONG data...... now I have nothing on my phone.

It wasn't rooted, I've lost everything, I need to get I9505XXUEMJ5 (stock) and flash it back on, and start again.

I tried CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip

than openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.1-jfltexx.tar

right now I have twrp on there, and not much else.

basically, I've wiped the data and now i need to reinstall stock. than start again flashing pacman.

how can I get out of this situation?

I can't find I9505XXUEMJ5 ANYWHERE with a reliable download, the one I've got is 10KB/s and will take 30HOURS to download T_T T_T T_T I need help....

thanks in advance :3

I need my phone T_T it's brand new.

I'm assuming I9505XXUEMJ5 is the right firmware to flash on it, and that I don't need any extra modem or anything to flash?

to flash pacman rom I just need to install copy rom to phone after stock rom is on, reboot into twrp and flash rom??
what about root?
when I try install CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip from TWRP it works, but when I booted into the telstra firmware it said SuperSu crashed straight away.

You can get the telstra rom from sammobile.com (the latest is ND1), but it will probably have the knox bootloader crap on it. As long as you have trwp installed and running, you can install any custom rom from that, root will be done by the custom rom, you don't need to root first and you will find most custom roms will have superuser installed as well.

I have a telstra S4, but I am running Echoe rom v29, when installing it gives you the option to wipe cache and things.

mazzafox

Apr 7, 2012
You can get the telstra rom from sammobile.com (the latest is ND1), but it will probably have the knox bootloader crap on it. As long as you have trwp installed and running, you can install any custom rom from that, root will be done by the custom rom, you don't need to root first and you will find most custom roms will have superuser installed as well.

I have a telstra S4, but I am running Echoe rom v29, when installing it gives you the option to wipe cache and things.

Every time I try flash anything, it all fails straight away..

dwarfer66

Mar 31, 2014
Perth
Every time I try flash anything, it all fails straight away..

So you cant boot your phone at all? If not you will have to go to telstra or samsung and get them to fix it.

I am wondering if you need a pit file to also flash in odin, you can get a i9505 pit file from this site.

With trwp the latest is 2.7.1.0.

mazzafox

Apr 7, 2012
So you cant boot your phone at all? If not you will have to go to telstra or samsung and get them to fix it.

I am wondering if you need a pit file to also flash in odin, you can get a i9505 pit file from this site.

With trwp the latest is 2.7.1.0.

I can get into recovery and download mode, but can't boot. it stays at Samsung GALAXY S4 GT-I9505 screen with KERNEL IS NOT SENDROID ENFORDING Set Warranty Bit : kernel

when in TWRP 2.7.1.0 all zip's I try install always fail.

I'm trying this;
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2594483

I'm going to try install I9505XXUEND1 through TWRP.
Got from sammobile

dwarfer66

Mar 31, 2014
Perth
From what I read flashing stock should fix the problem.

I dont think you can flash that through recovery, you will have to use odin.

mazzafox

Apr 7, 2012
From what I read flashing stock should fix the problem.

I dont think you can flash that through recovery, you will have to use odin.

So that means I should be able to install pacman after installing stock?

Yeah I need to use odin. no problem.

Downloading stock rom now, will take an hour with the slow option on sammobile.

The stock rom I downloaded from some random place that took 30hours!!!!!!!!!! didn't work so I hope this stock one works.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

mazzafox

Apr 7, 2012
You will have to install the custom recovery again, but after that flash away!

I installed stock rom, it is still stuck at samsung logo...

what can I do???

I'm very poor I can't afford a new phone...... this one is brand new!! T_T

EDIT:
finally got to the second SAMSUNG logo. I think it'll make it through the first boot soon I hope .

Last edited:

dwarfer66

Mar 31, 2014
Perth
How long has it been stuck for, I remember it took over 5 minutes to boot, and even then I had to press the power button for it to finish booting.

dwarfer66

Mar 31, 2014
Perth
It finally finished booting!

so I should now flash TWRP than pacman yeah?

Fantastic mate, yep go right ahead. In recovery goto wipe, advanced wipe, only wipe cache, dalvik, data, system.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Are you flashing the black power edition RC1 or a nightly?

mazzafox

Apr 7, 2012
Fantastic mate, yep go right ahead. In recovery goto wipe, advanced wipe, only wipe cache, dalvik, data, system.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Are you flashing the black power edition RC1 or a nightly?

RC1, gotta save that power :p

It booted flawlessly.

now which gapps to install for RC1.. what's the extra features on nightly?

scratch that, found the gapps and such, pacman forum. thanks for the help man, I was at witts end!!! THANK YOU!!!
hugs all round.

Last edited: