[Q] wireless mobile hotspot hacking for android devices help.

Search This thread

jacobis16

May 22, 2014
Hi :) my name is jacob and I am a new on XDA and i have started a new thread because I have been all over the internet looking for a solution to this problem and none of them work. After i waved through all of the b******* i decided to come and see if any of you veterans can solve my problem.
i have been messing around with root and custom roms here recently maybe for a month and so far its great breathed new life into my old phone. Although I am having trouble with hacking my mobile phones hot spot (phone specifications and model listed below) i have tried everything wifi tether by TreVe, (hope I'm typing that right) changing tethering.dun in global settings database, (worked great until T-mobile eventually found me out) and everything else related to that. I am looking for a hack into my hot spot where T-mobile wont know s*** and it will work indefinitely. Reason why is I need internet for school and work purposes at home but, I live with my father and hes is on parole and can not have internet service at his home. I am a beginner but do have a little bit of sense in what I am doing if someone would kindly walk me through steps on how to completely unlock and hide my hot spot usage from T-mobile it would be greatly appreciated.

Also new thread for hacking native hot spot methods on any rooted android device.

My phone
Samsung Galaxy S2
carrier: T-mobile
model: SGH-T989 Hercules
no custom kernel (I understand I need some kind of net filter but can not find that online)
custom rom version: carbon 4.4.2 nightly
Thanks XDA community :good:

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
It won't be wireless, but PdaNet+ and USB tethering works just fine with a computer as long as you select the "hide tether usage" option. The program on the computer side also has a feature that turns your computer's wi-fi into a wi-fi router, which'll allow you to connect other devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: jacobis16

jacobis16

May 22, 2014
It won't be wireless, but PdaNet+ and USB tethering works just fine with a computer as long as you select the "hide tether usage" option. The program on the computer side also has a feature that turns your computer's wi-fi into a wi-fi router, which'll allow you to connect other devices.
yes i have tried PDAnet and that does not work for my needs as i also play the occasional online game with my PS4 I forgot to mention that sorry. I have tried to send out a wifi signal from my computer through CMD on my computer and none of my devices pick it up even though CMD says the signal is going out also done this with ADhoc networks with a LAN cable but did not work either. Thanks for the suggestion :good: I probably should have went into more detail with my post but I did not want to make it to terribly long sorry.

jacobis16

May 22, 2014

May it possibly hide my online gaming if I figure out a way to get reverse WiFi on my computer working will it still hide that or will it be detectable. I see my self as a somewhat computer buff but I put myself to shame when i cant get a reverse WiFi connection going from my computer. seems like a lot of trouble to go to for internet i wish there was a way to unlock native tethering and not jump through hoops. It would seem that it would be a simple fix and should also be free anyway since it is dealt with the phone's hardware not through the carrier american cell network providers are greedy that is like getting xfinity internet but before you can send internet to your devices you have to pay thirty dollars extra.

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
When you USB tether your phone to your computer with PdaNet+, all you have to do is select the "WiFi Share" option and set it up like any other hotspot (network name, password, etc). Couldn't be easier. I don't know how well this'll work for playing PS4 (or whatever) games, but I can use this setup to watch Netflix or youtube on my well enough.

There are ways to use the native hotspot on an Android phone, but all the "hacks" are done on the computer side. VPNs, browser masking, etc.

Last edited:

jacobis16

May 22, 2014
When you USB tether your phone to your computer with PdaNet+, all you have to do is select the "WiFi Share" option and set it up like any other hotspot (network name, password, etc). Couldn't be easier. I don't know how well this'll work for playing PS4 (or whatever) games, but I can use this setup to watch Netflix or youtube on my well enough.

There are ways to use the native hotspot on an Android phone, but all the "hacks" are done on the computer side. VPNs, browser masking, etc.

i will try this method browser masking right now unfortunately don't have the money to buy a VPN maybe one of the ad supported free versions will suffice will report back tomorrow.

jacobis16

May 22, 2014
i will try this method browser masking right now unfortunately don't have the money to buy a VPN maybe one of the ad supported free versions will suffice will report back tomorrow.

Method not working i still get the T-mobile up sell page through VPN's of all kind it masks the internet going through the computer but not the phone where the service originates. They still detect everything I am doing. I understand T-mobile has bots going through their lines that detects devices that are not mobile devices and shuts them down. If maybe there is a way to block T-mo completely from a mobile device and just sounds ridiculous but I know someone out there can find a way I have heard of peoples mobile data usage and their mobile hot spot gauge has not moved only mobile data was detected. I am not sure if this was false statements and was made up.

Nato Meowsers

Mar 13, 2016
Hi Jacob, I got my Note 3's native personal wifi hotspot connected to my ps4 with around 18Mbps Download and 6Mbps Upload, I adjusted the APN settings on my phone and managed to get around the data restriction.
I can post the exact settings I changed if you think it might work for you?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi :) my name is jacob and I am a new on XDA and i have started a new thread because I have been all over the internet looking for a solution to this problem and none of them work. After i waved through all of the b******* i decided to come and see if any of you veterans can solve my problem.
    i have been messing around with root and custom roms here recently maybe for a month and so far its great breathed new life into my old phone. Although I am having trouble with hacking my mobile phones hot spot (phone specifications and model listed below) i have tried everything wifi tether by TreVe, (hope I'm typing that right) changing tethering.dun in global settings database, (worked great until T-mobile eventually found me out) and everything else related to that. I am looking for a hack into my hot spot where T-mobile wont know s*** and it will work indefinitely. Reason why is I need internet for school and work purposes at home but, I live with my father and hes is on parole and can not have internet service at his home. I am a beginner but do have a little bit of sense in what I am doing if someone would kindly walk me through steps on how to completely unlock and hide my hot spot usage from T-mobile it would be greatly appreciated.

Also new thread for hacking native hot spot methods on any rooted android device.

My phone
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    carrier: T-mobile
    model: SGH-T989 Hercules
    no custom kernel (I understand I need some kind of net filter but can not find that online)
    custom rom version: carbon 4.4.2 nightly
    Thanks XDA community :good: