[Q] Sporadic data connection

Search This thread

ddochi11

Jun 19, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I just got a N7505 and with Rogers in Canada.

Data connection is sporadic. It will not work for few minutes occasionally and it is getting annoying.

I checked the APN settings and they are correct.

Any suggestions?

seven6ixers

Jan 6, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I just got a N7505 and with Rogers in Canada.

Data connection is sporadic. It will not work for few minutes occasionally and it is getting annoying.

I checked the APN settings and they are correct.

Any suggestions?

What u mean for "SPORADIC"? is it mean the data connection is on/off? how about your sim card line? is it 3G or 4G?

seven6ixers

Jan 6, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Sporadic as in, it sometimes works, and sometimes not.

Wifi is fine, but mobile data (4G/LTE) is not. With the same SIM card, mobile data (LTE) works fine on LG Optimus G.

In my case... my sim is 3G..but i've set in Mobile Network is "LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)" at first.. then i found out my data connection same with u.. sometimes on & off... telco company advise me change to "WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)". Since my operator line area still not available for LTE service. After i changed it.. then works fine.

U try to change first, then we'll see..is it ok or not. ;)

joja1

Jun 2, 2010
Here in U.A.E i was facing the same issue as a work around i go to SETTING , MORE NETWORKS i then MOBILE NETWORKS and in NETWORK MODE manually select WCDMA/GSM as off course i wont able to get LTE but data speed is much better and no signal problem what so ever.

ddochi11

Jun 19, 2012
Vancouver, BC
My carrier does not use WCDMA, just LTE/GSM.

Is there a code from dialpad to get into backend settings? For instance, with my other phone (Galaxy Note 1), I can dial *#*#4636#*#* to get into phone settings for more options for network connection.