Transparent Softkeys?

Search This thread

xdmatt

Mar 6, 2011
I just got this awesome phone, and I wonder if it would be possible to either hide the Softkeys (Back, Home and Recent) or make them 20-40% transparent, so the wallpapers look like fullscreen.

Any advice is appreciated.

clouse2013

Mar 12, 2011
Columbus
I just got this awesome phone, and I wonder if it would be possible to either hide the Softkeys (Back, Home and Recent) or make them 20-40% transparent, so the wallpapers look like fullscreen.

Any advice is appreciated.

I think you can just unzip the apk, change the images, repack it and flash. Do you how to do all that correctly? And let me see if I can whip something up for you today.

xdmatt

Mar 6, 2011
Well I know how to flash but not exactly how (and what) files to edit... But then you mean by editing this keys, then they would be semi transparent within any app, or just the main home screen? Either way would be fine by me :p

clouse2013

Mar 12, 2011
Columbus
Well I know how to flash but not exactly how (and what) files to edit... But then you mean by editing this keys, then they would be semi transparent within any app, or just the main home screen? Either way would be fine by me :p

You unpack the SystemUI.apk, edit the icons you want to change and repack out and flash. Know where the soft keys are but not the background they are on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

xdmatt

Mar 6, 2011
Well, I'm not that good at editing stuff, so if someone out there could make the flashable file, it'd be much appreciated :)

clouse2013

Mar 12, 2011
Columbus
Well, I'm not that good at editing stuff, so if someone out there could make the flashable file, it'd be much appreciated :)

I can make the file flashable. I was just having trouble getting the transparency right. Give me a few days or through the weekend amd i may have something. Its hard getting time during the week with school and work.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

xdmatt

Mar 6, 2011
I can make the file flashable. I was just having trouble getting the transparency right. Give me a few days or through the weekend amd i may have something. Its hard getting time during the week with school and work.

It would be much appreciated!
Also, If the "header" (where Signal, Clock, and Notifications go) could match the transparency of the keys, it would be great!
I'm guessing a 30% increase to transparency, added to the "default" keys would make the wallpaper visible, yet, the keys would still be noticeable...

esok44

Feb 1, 2011
I dont get the problem...

I'm on 4.1.2 stock and my softkey are transparent by default...

Rickinsav

Mar 29, 2011
Savannah, GA
4.1.2? That's on the XT925 international version right?
Anyway, I'm on stock 4.1.1 and both the bottom buttons and status bar are transparent on the home screen.

esok44

Feb 1, 2011
4.1.2? That's on the XT925 international version right?
Anyway, I'm on stock 4.1.1 and both the bottom buttons and status bar are transparent on the home screen.

Yes seems like it is oO

It's a branded one, by the carrier "o2"

so dont know if its some internetionals versoini or it isn't :D

xdmatt

Mar 6, 2011
They are *kind of* transparent, on my phone as well, but I hoped someone could make a flashable file that turned them really transparent within every sub menu or application. If you notice, they turn completely black even if you are on the home screen but using a live wallpaper. I'd also like to avoid /fix that.

theme4droid

Oct 21, 2012
Yes seems like it is oO

It's a branded one, by the carrier "o2"

so dont know if its some internetionals versoini or it isn't
Always Remember: If you want to have a nice day, be a nice person

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.