[CLOSED][FXZ] Motorola X FXZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Kwongger

Apr 29, 2013
Denver, CO
Umm....

I am a bit of a n00b with Moto... I am looking to make the jump from HTC and Sprint ( I know right? )
So, What exactly is this?

matt99017d

Nov 17, 2011
Camas WA
It's the firmware to re-flash your phone if you screw up. It should be good as long as you don't brick the phone.

(hard brick)

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
Here is a link for RSD Lite 6.1.5 that I have. There is also with this an MTK Patch, this is not needed for your device. RSD Lite is needed in order to flash the FXZ, well and also the latest Motorola Drivers (assuming) you plugged your device in already to your computer, should be in good shape! :good:

T

thund3rbay

Thanks a lot for your job team !

EDIT : ... to restore your system ... on rogers by exemple ... you must fash via rsdlite but you must delete the getvar line in the xml

Last edited:
T

thund3rbay

Here is a link for RSD Lite 6.1.5 that I have. There is also with this an MTK Patch, this is not needed for your device. RSD Lite is needed in order to flash the FXZ, well and also the latest Motorola Drivers (assuming) you plugged your device in already to your computer, should be in good shape! :good:

Warning if you download this exe... I have a strange conduit ad aware detected by nod32

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Warning if you download this exe... I have a strange conduit ad aware detected by nod32

Why not make a rar with rsdlite and the patcher...

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia

Thanks for the mention File Deleted... I will post a clean version once I find out what happened, see details below if interested...

Threat Report

small-warning Viruses Threats found: 1
Here is a complete list: (for more information about a specific threat, click on the Threat Name below)

Threat Name: W32.SillyFDC
Location: http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00056/BaU/IM-A850_Recovery_All in one_06-4-2013.rar

GR36

Apr 1, 2011
I dont know why but I can't get rsdlite to find my phone. Even though adb and fastboot work fine. Any advice? I'm using a surface pro

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
I dont know why but I can't get rsdlite to find my phone. Even though adb and fastboot work fine. Any advice? I'm using a surface pro

Try running as Admin, since Windows 8 can be a pain to get working right sometimes and it seems to never be the same fix for issues like this.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FXZ are provided by FIRMWARE TEAM!

You can download them here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ghost_rcica/list.php
    Please note that I don't know what is the RSD lite version requirement!
    @Skrilax_CZ Just curious to know if you expect new FXZs for the latest round of updates?

Regardless, thanks in advance!

TheFirmwareTeam does not have them yet because they have not yet been pushed out. This can sometimes be as soon as a week or two before an OTA update or a week or two after. No idea on when we'll have it be but assured TheFirmwareTeam will get them up ASAP. :highfive:
    New FXZ for US Cell, AT&T US and Rogers CA coming soon to Droid-Developers SBF. As soon as Skrilax_CZ gets them uploaded :)
    Actually it happend. A lot of new FXZs just appeared on Droid-Developers SBF.
    And looks like most of new FXZs contains improved camera and other improvements from latest OTAs
    New FXZ for US Cell, AT&T US and Rogers CA coming soon to Droid-Developers SBF. As soon as Skrilax_CZ gets them uploaded :)
    since you seem to know a little bit more about this than i do. what exactly is the thing in the OTA's that causes them to disallow downgrading. Clearly it must be in the bootloader but how? i never have had an unlocked bootloader so does the ota just flash a new thing in the bootloader to stop it? or put new files in it or how does all of that work? Sorry if it is a rudimentary question. I got a decent idea about bootloaders and SS and stuff but am missing a few critical big picture bits of information I think.

Updating flashes a new bootloader and other low level security files. These trip eFuses so you cannot downgrade. Flashing system boot and modem for the upgrades alone means you can downgrade.

This is true on the locked Moto X's and Dev Editions by the way.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk now Free