[FREE][APP] Picture the word!

Search This thread

mattobeney

Apr 3, 2013
Hey everyone I've recently created an app called 'Picture the Word 2pics1word' -Picture the word is the new ,original and incredibly fun game that will keep you entertained for hours.
There are 2 pics and 1 word, two random pictures which when combined together add up to one word,for example, picture a Globe and a ball, what do you get when you put them together? Global!

Earn points when getting an answer correct and use them to remove letters or reveal words!

Here is a link to the download, if anyone can spare a bit of time, I would seriously appreciate it :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=matt.obeney.picturetheword

Last edited by a moderator:

mattobeney

Apr 3, 2013
Thanks for the feedback didoroki! Much appreciated :) There are options to remove a letter and reveal a word - but I think you're right - I might just have to implement hint and skip functionalities :) Thanks!

MasterJ87

Feb 9, 2013
Came here from XDA's G+ post. Will try out the game. I love a good brain teaser :)

Just curious, how many levels will the game have? A few hundred?

EDIT: Tried it out. Cool concept and good puzzles. The level with the windmill and lions almost got me. A few suggestions though if you want to take the development of the game seriously:

1. Raise the letters in the answer boxes so they "float" like they do in the letter tray, and not rest on the bottom border of the boxes. It looks like an alignment error (see attachment).
2. Add some audio. Background music, level completed sound effects, wrong word sound effects etc.
3. Work on the colour schemes. A game can be simple, but it should still try to look nice.

Looking forward to more improvements :)

Attachment

Last edited:
Reactions: mattobeney

mattobeney

Apr 3, 2013
Thanks a lot guys! I'm glad you liked it boxygreg1982 :) and thanks for the awesome feedback MasterJ87! That is incredibly helpful - I'll start planning those improvements :) Thanks!

mattobeney

Apr 3, 2013
Okay guys there's a new version uploaded, it might take a few hours to update in the marketplace, but there are now sounds when letters are clicked and correct and wrong answer feedback audio :) I've also tried to improve the design slightly - I'm not very design orientated however! Thanks masterj87 for the suggestions!

Reactions: MasterJ87

MasterJ87

Feb 9, 2013
Okay guys there's a new version uploaded, it might take a few hours to update in the marketplace, but there are now sounds when letters are clicked and correct and wrong answer feedback audio :) I've also tried to improve the design slightly - I'm not very design orientated however! Thanks masterj87 for the suggestions!

Happy to help mate :) It's really a good thing when developers and users communicate.

Once I get mine updated, I'll ring in with more feedback and ideas.

Illirici

Mar 3, 2013
Hi!

You've made yourself a decent app right there!
Love the app, but there is room for improvement!
I find the place of the ads quite annoying, but that's just my opinion. Also, it would be awesome if you tap on the picture, it'll enlarge. I had quite a hard time with some pictures to figure out what it actually was.

I look forward to future updates, keep it up!

Greetings!

mattobeney

Apr 3, 2013
Thanks a lot for the feedback Illirici! Very useful, I like the idea of being ale to increase the image's size! That's definately on the card for the next version :) Thanks a lot!

Angryace

Jan 28, 2013
Skopje
Just installed the game and couldn't pass the first level. It wasn't simple as I thought but there is not even a skip level button or something like that. Actually its not an easy game for the people who do not have the English language as native.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone I've recently created an app called 'Picture the Word 2pics1word' -Picture the word is the new ,original and incredibly fun game that will keep you entertained for hours.
    There are 2 pics and 1 word, two random pictures which when combined together add up to one word,for example, picture a Globe and a ball, what do you get when you put them together? Global!

Earn points when getting an answer correct and use them to remove letters or reveal words!

Here is a link to the download, if anyone can spare a bit of time, I would seriously appreciate it :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=matt.obeney.picturetheword
    Great idea for a game!
    Would really love to see it get improved!

These are my suggestions

On my Galaxy Note 2 the letters and boxes are too small. There is a lot of wasted space so why not use it?

and

What MasterJ87 said about hints.

I am currently stuck at lvl 5 with a picture of a vote box and someone putting an envelope inside and the second pic is a light bulb....no idea what these pictures represent!
    Another word for vote is poll...poll + light = polite ;)
    good game and very addictive. very different from the rest. thanks
    Came here from XDA's G+ post. Will try out the game. I love a good brain teaser :)

Just curious, how many levels will the game have? A few hundred?

EDIT: Tried it out. Cool concept and good puzzles. The level with the windmill and lions almost got me. A few suggestions though if you want to take the development of the game seriously:

1. Raise the letters in the answer boxes so they "float" like they do in the letter tray, and not rest on the bottom border of the boxes. It looks like an alignment error (see attachment).
    2. Add some audio. Background music, level completed sound effects, wrong word sound effects etc.
    3. Work on the colour schemes. A game can be simple, but it should still try to look nice.

Looking forward to more improvements :)

Attachment