**BEFORE YOU POST START HERE** FAQ, Wiki, Stickies & Tutorials - Suggestions Welcome!

Search This thread

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
**BEFORE YOU POST START HERE** FAQ, Wiki, Stickies & Tutorials - Suggestions Welcome!

An old, but good thread title. :silly:

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S 4G Device forum. The model number for the devices supported in this forum are:

Before you move forward, make sure you turn your phone OFF, take the battery out, and make sure your model number is EXACTLY one of the previously listed.

Please familiarize yourself with the Required Reading. Below that are some guides/tutorials written by various members. Further down are useful offsite links and the wiki.

If you'd like to see something posted here or have improvements, please comment! Suggestions are welcome!

I'll be updating this thread often. Please come by and look through the list about once a week.

Developer Guides/Tutorials

The All-In-One GalaxyS Hack Pack - AdamOutler

[HOW-TO]Heimdall One-Click - ROM Packaging and Distribution System - AdamOutler

[GUIDE] Building CM10.2 for Nexus 4 with Mac OS X 10.8.X [UPDATED: 8.8.2013] - inffy
(note, you can obviously change the local manifest to make this work for any device, not just Nexus 4. Also note, you have to use the AOSP toolchain!)

[GUIDE]BUILD CM10.1 FROM SOURCE| AIRFLUIP EDITION [Mac + Linux] - Fluidification

[GUIDE][LINARO][Building Your ROM With The Linaro Toolchain] - DJLamontagneIII

[GUIDE] Creating a localized SGH-T959V ROM - itzik2sh

SGH-T959V Internal Uart - bhundven

Off-Site Reading Material

Old stuff
This stuff is here for historical purposes. No one gurentees that any of the following stuff in this section is even downloadable, let alone in any kind of working condition.

Last edited:

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix
See this is a old thread, but for new people maybe add the definition of Aries, and what the common bugs are. I know you all don't get many new people over here, but my wife has this phone. I put 4.0 on but don't want to go further as the confusion with common bugs.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bhundven

See this is a old thread, but for new people maybe add the definition of Aries, and what the common bugs are. I know you all don't get many new people over here, but my wife has this phone. I put 4.0 on but don't want to go further as the confusion with common bugs.

This, relatively speaking, is a fairly new thread:
Code:
24th July 2013, 02:14 AM (Last edited by bhundven; 13th September 2013 at 12:10 PM.) Reason: building cm10.2 on mac os x 10.8.x

Reading through the development threads is how you learn what those terms are and what the bugs are.
This is just a listing. EDIT: If a thread was made about aries and what bugs are current, I'd be happy to add it to the listing. ;)

The hard part for users, understandably, is having to read.
I know it's hard, but it's part of how the forum works.

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix
I don't mind reading, but even after a search and reading tons of comments I still have not found an answer. But thanks for responding anyways. Maybe once I get a solid answer I might just make that happen.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bhundven

I don't mind reading, but even after a search and reading tons of comments I still have not found an answer. But thanks for responding anyways. Maybe once I get a solid answer I might just make that happen.

I'm saying, this thread is not an informational thread. If there is a thread on what aries is and what the bugs are, then I would link to it here.
Any contributors around feel like starting a thread?
Tracking the bugs is half the battle.

So far I know that: GPS and tvout are broken (tvout is my fault)
I know that we're all discussing moving /data to the sdcard.
Other things like that should go into that thread. Not here. Just sayin :)

Reactions: tazmaniondvl

Top Liked Posts