Accidental Wipe; no image to flash. Help please.

Search This thread

Yehudah

Oct 14, 2012
I'm stupid, I get it.

I just got an Asurion replacement DNA the other day and I wanted to S-Off, Root, Recovery Image, and new KitKat ROM.

So, I was able to use Rumrunner, and that worked out fine.

I rooted my DNA and then loaded TWRP 2.6.3, and that worked fine as well.

My intent was to load GPE and I d/l'd it to my phone (not knowing it was a corrupt download).

So I got into recovery, wiped, wiped, reset, and loaded the ROM - and it puked all over itself.

Now, I have a phone that is in recovery, has no image, and I can't figure out how to put one on it.

I'm running Mint Linux, but I have access to a W7 laptop if I need it.

It's my daily driver, I'm frustrated, upset, and stupid. And I could certainly use some help.

Thanks

Yehudah

Oct 14, 2012
In a terminal window (thanks .torrent), I typed: adb devices (then sudo adb devices) and got nothing in return.

I've tried sideloading; the ROM loads according to the terminal window, but I don't see anything happening on the phone (no failures though).

I've tried pushing a ROM to the phone but the terminal window says that it doesn't see the device. That doesn't make sense because I can sideload (apparently).

ugh.

sdamark

Sep 28, 2012
Fountain Hills, AZ.
In a terminal window (thanks .torrent), I typed: adb devices (then sudo adb devices) and got nothing in return.

I've tried sideloading; the ROM loads according to the terminal window, but I don't see anything happening on the phone (no failures though).

I've tried pushing a ROM to the phone but the terminal window says that it doesn't see the device. That doesn't make sense because I can sideload (apparently).

ugh.

This question has been answered at least a dozen times, "Help I wiped my internal storage", blah blah blah.

Download the rom you want on your computer. Put it in the same directory as your ADB stuff (mine is C:\android, I don't know what yours is).

Plug phone into computer, make sure you have ADB enabled on your phone, open a command prompt, verify you have ADB working by typing "adb devices"

You should see your device listed.

Boot phone into recovery >advanced >ADB sideload

Follow instructions at top of sideload screen to sideload rom from computer to phone.

In the future a little searching would get you to all this information, rather than starting a new thread... :good:

Enjoy

P.S. ALWAYS verify your MD5 before flashing, and ALWAYS have a backup made to fall back on.

Last edited:

Yehudah

Oct 14, 2012
I know it's been done to death. I searched and read every thread that was like mine and did everything in each thread.

It was the last thing I did that worked. RUU from .torrents links. That worked. I'm still rooted, Next time I'll make sure I have I backup I can restore - won't make this mistake again.

Thanks for the low level chastising, I deserved it. And thanks for the info, ad nauseum.

Reactions: sdamark

Yehudah

Oct 14, 2012
After a two day ordeal, I finally got my DNA back to where it was before I borked it up last week.

Because of what I did; I needed to use Rumrunner to unlock, RUU to get back to where the phone worked, ADB and Fastboot to get the recovery image set up and put a ROM on the phone.

When it was all said and done, .torrent walked me through getting the phone fixed. Without him, I'd still be banging my head against my desk.

Thanks to the developers who created Rumrunner, and who developed the Android tool kits that helped me overcome my stupidity. Because of their ability to create great applications, I've learned more about Linux and how my phone works than I ever did before....just wish it hadn't taken this to cause that.

Thanks to all, you guys ROCK! :good:

thayl0

May 26, 2013
After a two day ordeal, I finally got my DNA back to where it was before I borked it up last week.

Because of what I did; I needed to use Rumrunner to unlock, RUU to get back to where the phone worked, ADB and Fastboot to get the recovery image set up and put a ROM on the phone.

When it was all said and done, .torrent walked me through getting the phone fixed. Without him, I'd still be banging my head against my desk.

Thanks to the developers who created Rumrunner, and who developed the Android tool kits that helped me overcome my stupidity. Because of their ability to create great applications, I've learned more about Linux and how my phone works than I ever did before....just wish it hadn't taken this to cause that.

Thanks to all, you guys ROCK! :good:

At least you learned from your mistakes.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know it's been done to death. I searched and read every thread that was like mine and did everything in each thread.

It was the last thing I did that worked. RUU from .torrents links. That worked. I'm still rooted, Next time I'll make sure I have I backup I can restore - won't make this mistake again.

Thanks for the low level chastising, I deserved it. And thanks for the info, ad nauseum.