Phone storage too low

Search This thread

Feb 17, 2014
Hello. I am really not sure if this is the right place to post my query. I am sorry if its not.

I recently downloaded PikaOS2 ROM for my CHD A116i. Everything seems to be working fine for 2 days. I am really loving the rom. Last night I downloaded NBA 2k14 from a torrent. It is about 600mb file. To my surprise there was just an apk file of that size rather then apk plus data which I was expecting. I tried to install the apk but I always get an error saying not enough space. My default write disk is external SD card which has a space of around 5 GB available and my phone storage has a capacity of 0.98 GB out of which 286mb is available. I have no idea why its trying to install the game on my phone storage even though I have selected external SD card as my primary write disk.
I was also wondering why is there another slot of internal SD card which has around 1.76gb space and not even a single mb is being saved there. From what I can see is that this 1.76gb of space is going waste as I have never seen anything being written or saved on this internal SD card.
Anyways, can someone please help me installing the game.
I tried posting this on the official PikaOS2 thread, but it won't let me post there.
Thank you in advance
Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda app-developers app

Feb 17, 2014
I somehow managed to get around 550mb available after deleting some rarely used apps. Can i delete some of the google apps which r useless. Also i dont unterstand why the app is trying to install in phone memory when i have selected tge default location as external sd card

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda app-developers app

RohanKalra97

Feb 5, 2014
New Delhi
App is installed in phone
Data can be stored in mmc
Go to settings apps n select any app
Now select move to SD card
Yes u can remove them but u have to root your phone
PS - don't forget to press thanks if I helped :p

adi928

Jul 6, 2012
Bangalore
Google Nexus 5
How about swapping phone storage with external SD card?

App is installed in phone
Data can be stored in mmc
Go to settings apps n select any app
Now select move to SD card
Yes u can remove them but u have to root your phone
PS - don't forget to press thanks if I helped :p

So i am having the same problem with updating the apps and installing new ones which aren't that big. Now I read at several places that, swapping internal memory with external, theoretically should give us enough space to install and run all the apps. I followed the instructions and did it successfully. However, the real issue is still there. The thing is with Canvas HD, there is an additional partition created by the name of Phone Storage. After doing the swapping process, I realized that Phone Storage is still the same. Swapping only affected the internal memory and external memory.

My question here is, Is there a way i can make the Phone storage partition to increase (from vold.fstab, maybe)? If not then, i guess i'm stuck with this low memory since i have deleted all the useless app and cant delete anymore?

FILTERING27

Feb 2, 2016
Try to use data extension of internal memory becoz m using it now
Now my internal storage is 2.25gb so u too try

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Hello. I am really not sure if this is the right place to post my query. I am sorry if its not.

I recently downloaded PikaOS2 ROM for my CHD A116i. Everything seems to be working fine for 2 days. I am really loving the rom. Last night I downloaded NBA 2k14 from a torrent. It is about 600mb file. To my surprise there was just an apk file of that size rather then apk plus data which I was expecting. I tried to install the apk but I always get an error saying not enough space. My default write disk is external SD card which has a space of around 5 GB available and my phone storage has a capacity of 0.98 GB out of which 286mb is available. I have no idea why its trying to install the game on my phone storage even though I have selected external SD card as my primary write disk.
I was also wondering why is there another slot of internal SD card which has around 1.76gb space and not even a single mb is being saved there. From what I can see is that this 1.76gb of space is going waste as I have never seen anything being written or saved on this internal SD card.
Anyways, can someone please help me installing the game.
I tried posting this on the official PikaOS2 thread, but it won't let me post there.
Thank you in advance
Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda app-developers app
Can u say were that ROM is available like were can I find vl u post that link or address

rajinikanth2016

Apr 15, 2016
Data Extension?

Try to use data extension of internal memory becoz m using it now
Now my internal storage is 2.25gb so u too try

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Can u say were that ROM is available like were can I find vl u post that link or address

Could you please let me know how to do the data extension? Thanks.

FILTERING27

Feb 2, 2016
Could you please let me know how to do the data extension? Thanks.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2296230 this is the link u can follow the steps
They briefly described how and wat to do

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2296230 this is the link u can follow the steps
They briefly described how and wat to do
Well can u suggest me roms for a116i plz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some space is also occupied by phone (not internal memory)
    Go to settings- apps -downloaded
    See the space there
    Delete/uninstall few apps n then try