Reicast (Dreamcast emulator)

Search This thread

sebr

Mar 26, 2011
Unfortuntaely I cant get it to work on my FTV 1st gen 5.0.5.1 (rooted). I installed the latest reicast build (73e2691), created a folder structure 'storage/sdcard0/dc/data' and placed the two .bin files in there. In the setting menu I enter the path for the data folder as 'storage/sdcard0/dc' but reicast not recognize them - what am I doing wrong here?

Dec 10, 2015
Has anyone gotten the DualShock 4 controller to configure correctly with reicast? I can't seem to be able to find where to remap the emulator menu. It keeps popping up no matter what I map onto the triggers or start buttons.

skirocket

Feb 22, 2016
Bios needs to be installed on sdcard0/data/ or change the path in settings.. booted shenmue which plays perfectly...

Last edited:

skirocket

Feb 22, 2016
Has anyone gotten the DualShock 4 controller to configure correctly with reicast? I can't seem to be able to find where to remap the emulator menu. It keeps popping up no matter what I map onto the triggers or start buttons.

If your fire tv is rooted you can install the ps4 remap file from http://www.aftvnews.com/fix-ps4-dualshock-4-button-mapping-on-the-fire-tv/ then install btautoconnect.apk Then go into Bluetooth Auto Connect, advanced, and select Connect now which gets rid of the key input lag on the emu. It should then work fine

Dr. Light

Nov 24, 2010
I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue i'm having. i've got Reicast installed on my fire TV, got home directory setup, everything boots and runs like its supposed too. for the controller i'm using an Xbox 360 wired controller. i can map the keys, move around all of the menus with the controller, but when i actually go to play a game, the only buttons on the controller that do anything is the start/select button, and they just bring up the Reicast menu. the actual game however doesn't register any of the button presses. i've also added a bluetooth pad and tried that same result. i've tried just about every kind of setting i could find with no luck. anyone have any idea whats going on?

harlekinwashere

Aug 20, 2016
Reicast works fine.
http://imgur.com/a/EATHZ

Try different games. Try different reicast builds (if necessary).

Versions I have used and that are working fine:
reicast-android-debug-f5f3332
reicast-android-debug-73e2691

On the face of it what you describe sounds like a controller mapping issue, so maybe look into that as well.

If you need a controller recommendation, because you cant get it working with yours - I like the Xiaomi Wireless Bluetooth Gamepad (good build quality - good sticks, one of the best digipads in low cost BT pads).

Top Liked Posts