[APP] Mira - Smart Personal Assistant for iOS and Android [DELETED]

Search This thread

angelgmk

Apr 2, 2008
Lisbon
Love it________________________________________________________________
this much:p

If you need a portuguese translation, let me know ;)

chrisrj28

Apr 26, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I just tried this app, so far I have thrown a few things at it and it just tells me that it doesn't know what I mean. I will keep testing, great work so far. As for the UI, it is quite Siri'ish but I happen to like how Siri looks. But to avoid any legal issues I would suggest updating your UI so you can continue on with this app.

Cheers!

Oh and another feature I would suggest is adding it to the long press search button.

Last edited:

cjsph88

Jul 21, 2010
The voice sounds too robotic, is there any way to make it sound like the voice that the Vlingo app uses?

fender90

Nov 23, 2011
Venice
Hello!
This app looks promising, I just downloaded it and I'm sure it will go far.
I can translate it in Italian if you like :)

burnsie90

Nov 24, 2009
Ok. I just thought I read somewhere that the switch was working. My bad. Keep up the good work, this is looking awesome.

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
I get "Sorry I don't know what you mean"

The UI is nice tho, it would be nice if we could manually enter text

Thanks for this

Last edited:

mcmb03

Feb 24, 2011
can you add a function, so it reads your system settings to find if you have your date/time settings set to a 12hour time so if it is it will give you am/pm?

G

GuestK0045

I try ask what the weather but it does not understand nor can it answer where is the nearest airport :(

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App

ilarrain

Dec 13, 2010
I've installed it on my phone, but I opened it and it only displays: "Mira", "Beta Version" and the logo. It does nothing. Pressing menu > preferences does nothing.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace, running CM7.2 (2.3.7 gingerbread), set to spanish.

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
I've installed it on my phone, but I opened it and it only displays: "Mira", "Beta Version" and the logo. It does nothing. Pressing menu > preferences does nothing.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace, running CM7.2 (2.3.7 gingerbread), set to spanish.

Have you tried tapping the logo? :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mohitrocks

Aug 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
This looks like it has great potential :)
Just one issue though, the weather isn't being pulled correctly. I live in Toronto.

EDIT: Also, just an idea: when asking "who is x", would it be possible to display the first paragraph from a wikipedia search intelligently like Siri for the iPhone 4S does with various things such as the weather and wolfram alpha searches

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mira - Smart Personal Assistant for iOS and Android

Unfortunately we don't see any reason to continue this project since Google Voice Search does a nice job. Furthermore there are many Siri clones in the Google Play Store, which do a better Job than Mira did.
    Thank you for your support and interest. You kept this project alive a long time!
    Thanks for the posts, suggestions and bug reports ;)

Maybe releasing 1.5.5 today....

Announcing:
    - Call function with contact and phone number support (DONE)
    - Switching time mode (DONE)
    - Switch temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit (DONE)
    - Better App Search ("open facebook / etc.") (DONE)
    - Sending and dictating SMS (IN PROGRESS)

Not in 1.5.5 but soon:
    - Calendar Support
    - Weather / Temperature Fix (Going to use Google Weather instead of Yahoo Weather)
    - Removing the start screen

Tips:
    If you don't want database updates everytime you start Mira use the Offline Mode functionality! A database version check will come soon too.
    A few minutes ago I finished programming the Places API!
    Maybe we can already release Mira 2.0 the 16. March into the market!
    It going to have a support for the new fast server, many bug fixes, many speed ups and improvements, new credits entry for Jonas ;) , the Places API, an invisible Google Voice Search query and support for more sentences.
    @DJSave:
    Cool Cool ^^ It could be that the word "Google" was recognized as something else, which causes Sara to crash, but I think I corrected that bug ^^

RELEASE 1.2.1 ALPHA

Now Sara is in the Alpha State. I think I corrected every Crash with a "try {}" snippet.
    New features are the "kamikaze" function (just for lulz)
    At the time Sara closes herself if you say: "Kill yourself" or "Destroy yourself". Because Sara has an intelligent algorithm you could also say: "Kill yourself *****!" xD

Further weather forecast. You can just ask for the weather f.e. with "How is the weather". You can also ask for the weather for tomorrow or for a specific town / location.

You can ask for the download stats of sara.

Going to improve the weather function and improve the database entrys which works with it.

You can ask for your location

Small-Bugfixes

RELEASE 1.2.2 ALPHA

Fast Bugfixes
    Release 1.5.5

Business as usual ^^
    Update Server or here:
    http://myfirstserver.bplaced.net/mira

Maybe soon another server...

New features:
    - Call function with contact and phone number support (f.e. "call ryan" or "call 911")
    - Switching time mode from "Military" to "America"
    - Switch temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit
    - Better App Search (Could have still some bugs)
    - Sending and dictating SMS (f.e. "send" / "send sms" "send sms to ryan" / "send sms to 911")
    - No start screen anymore
    - Better offline support (At Start)
    - Performance fixes

Announced for 1.6:
    - Adding contacts
    - "Who is..." Contact support
    - Calendar features
    - Note features
    - E-Mail features
    - Database Version Check
    - Tutorial / Help / Command Page

Additional Infos:
    - If you don't want database updates everytime you start Mira use the Offline Mode functionality! A database version check will come soon too.
    - Going to include a screen with infos what Mira is able to do with categorys like "Phone" or "Location" ...
    - Database is a little bit small at the time. That's why there comes so much "No sense / don't understand" output's!