[Q] MicroSD Question/issue

Search This thread

Mossey

Apr 29, 2011
Kitchener
I have the Tab pro 12.2 KK4.4.2 and purchased a patriot Micro SDXC 64 GB. My question is similar to other posts and I will try the posted solutions when someone can confirm the validity of the SDcard. Samsung specs for the Tab(SM-T900) state support for micro SDHC up to 64 GB. All of the reading I have done shows that the largest SDHC cards is 32GB and anything larger is a SDXC. So is my64GB SDXC card actually supported in my device? I have not been able to write MP3 files from my PC to the card or any other files with any success. Put I am able to do it fine on a smaller 16GB SDHC card. Can this version SM-T900ZKAXAC be rooted?

Thanks

Mossey

Apr 29, 2011
Kitchener
I have the Tab pro 12.2 KK4.4.2 and purchased a patriot Micro SDXC 64 GB. My question is similar to other posts and I will try the posted solutions when someone can confirm the validity of the SDcard. Samsung specs for the Tab(SM-T900) state support for micro SDHC up to 64 GB. All of the reading I have done shows that the largest SDHC cards is 32GB and anything larger is a SDXC. So is my64GB SDXC card actually supported in my device? I have not been able to write MP3 files from my PC to the card or any other files with any success. Put I am able to do it fine on a smaller 16GB SDHC card. Can this version SM-T900ZKAXAC be rooted?

Thanks

I contacted Samsung and they are going to escalate the issue up the chain. It seems as though the tablet only supports Fat32 file system, while SDXC cards are only can only be formatted using exFat or NTFS. That being said I tried formatting my card with NTFS in hopes it might allow Fat32 after but it wouldn't format using NTFS.

Is no one else having this issue, as I have not seen 1 other post regarding this particular problem?

Silkmeister1

Jun 15, 2013
Earth
I contacted Samsung and they are going to escalate the issue up the chain. It seems as though the tablet only supports Fat32 file system, while SDXC cards are only can only be formatted using exFat or NTFS. That being said I tried formatting my card with NTFS in hopes it might allow Fat32 after but it wouldn't format using NTFS.

Is no one else having this issue, as I have not seen 1 other post regarding this particular problem?

Mossey, do you happen to have a Windows computer?
plug the sd into a different phone if you can and connect as external. Click Start->My computer->right click and format to Fat32. I do this all the time

Silkmeister1

Mossey

Apr 29, 2011
Kitchener
Mossey, do you happen to have a Windows computer?
plug the sd into a different phone if you can and connect as external. Click Start->My computer->right click and format to Fat32. I do this all the time

Silkmeister1

I thought for second you had the solution. I have another tablet and tried reformatting using it. I had the stick showing fat32 file system but it was 32gb vs 64gb. But the tablet recognized it initially, so l reformatted using the tab, but now the tablet looses the sd after it writes a few files to sd. Then if I try to view files on the tab, I get a message that the ext sd card may not be readable.

Silkmeister1

Jun 15, 2013
Earth
I thought for second you had the solution. I have another tablet and tried reformatting using it. I had the stick showing fat32 file system but it was 32gb vs 64gb. But the tablet recognized it initially, so l reformatted using the tab, but now the tablet looses the sd after it writes a few files to sd. Then if I try to view files on the tab, I get a message that the ext sd card may not be readable.

Hm interesting, it seems like it might be a permissions issue.
Can you try doing this on a device that runs something before 4.4.2? Kitkat is known to cause lots of problems with SDcards

hope you find the solution.

Silkmeister

Mossey

Apr 29, 2011
Kitchener
Hm interesting, it seems like it might be a permissions issue.
Can you try doing this on a device that runs something before 4.4.2? Kitkat is known to cause lots of problems with SDcards

hope you find the solution.

Silkmeister

Again- Thanks. I thought it odd as well and it didn't add up. Although the SD card was working OK in my new Sony camera I decided to return it to C.C. for an exchange, voila problem solved. This still tells me that Samsung Technical support is useless. Everyone spent a lot of time trying to solve this issue. I still am finding odd things happening with Kies but I have found some work a rounds.