[Q] Lockscreen toggle KitKat

Search This thread

dmxl

Sep 28, 2006
Leiden, NL
Do you guys know of any (notification) toggle to quickly disable/enable lockscreen? In the notification panel Android unfortunately doesn't seem to have such a toggle build in. With the previous build, Jelly Bean, some widgets from the Play Store seemed to work, but not anymore.

And perhaps someone knows a good app/mod to put back shortcuts on the lockscreen itself as well?

Thanks in advance!
Dennis

Vaibhav Chauhan

Feb 17, 2014
Dahod, Gujarat
Really no one else is having the same needs for a lockscreen toggle in KitKat?

i'm using cosmic rom in my s duos and it has this type toggle in notification bar
look at the lock switcher toggle in screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-27-14-07-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-27-14-07-51.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 43

Vaibhav Chauhan

Feb 17, 2014
Dahod, Gujarat
Thanks. But it seems a bit of a hassle for a lockscreen toggle widget. It comes bundled with a lot of mods... So it seems...
I really appreciate your help, but I'm hoping to find something more simple/less invasive...

if you don't like the icons of that statusbar mod than decompile the systemui and change the icons with yours

if you can't find mod than i have already give you the name 25 toggle mod

dmxl

Sep 28, 2006
Leiden, NL
if you don't like the icons of that statusbar mod than decompile the systemui and change the icons with yours

if you can't find mod than i have already give you the name 25 toggle mod

Hi. It's not that I'm bothered by the icons. It's just seems to come with a whole lot of other mods, as far as I can see. Or am I missing something?

Nothing personal, but I wonder why I seem to be one of the few who is looking for such a toggle :). It seems such an obvious need? Haha.

dmxl

Sep 28, 2006
Leiden, NL
Try xposed and gravitybox module.

Thanks very much, but what does it exactly do? Regarding the lockscreen, the developer says a few things:
- Lockscreen targets
- Lockscreen tweaks, regarding theming.
- Lockscreen rotation

It does not say anything about a "toggle" to switch it easily on or off. It also needs a framework to be installed, and a lot of other tweaks/mods come with the module, that I'm not sure I would like...Plus, I read in that forum, that the lockscreen features are not working.

Anyway, it's 2014, there's not any solution anymore to just have a widget or something for it? Like with previous android versions?

meatboy371

Dec 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy J5
Moto G5S
Thanks very much, but what does it exactly do? Regarding the lockscreen, the developer says a few things:
- Lockscreen targets
- Lockscreen tweaks, regarding theming.
- Lockscreen rotation

It does not say anything about a "toggle" to switch it easily on or off. It also needs a framework to be installed, and a lot of other tweaks/mods come with the module, that I'm not sure I would like...Plus, I read in that forum, that the lockscreen features are not working.

Anyway, it's 2014, there's not any solution anymore to just have a widget or something for it? Like with previous android versions?

Gravitybox will allow you to add/organize/customize the quicksettings tiles (like the lidroid from the other post), including a lockscreen toggle. There's lots of other tweaks too, but you don't need to use them if don't want. And yes, you'll need to install xposed framework, but it's easy, there's and app for it (xposed installer). If you're interested, search for xposed or gravitybox threads.

But you just want a homescreen widget/toggle, right? Google "no lock widget".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

dmxl

Sep 28, 2006
Leiden, NL
Gravitybox will allow you to add/organize/customize the quicksettings tiles (like the lidroid from the other post), including a lockscreen toggle. There's lots of other tweaks too, but you don't need to use them if don't want. And yes, you'll need to install xposed framework, but it's easy, there's and app for it (xposed installer). If you're interested, search for xposed or gravitybox threads.

But you just want a homescreen widget/toggle, right? Google "no lock widget".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I just generally just don't like installing all kinds of extras, even if I don't use them. A policy that kept my hardware running very smooth, where others suffer from sluggishness.
I am more looking for a widget then, yes. The one you mentioned unfortunately doesn't seem to work... I'll keep looking :).

Top Liked Posts