[Q] OTA update error, rooted using CF-Autoroot

Search This thread

oshera

Feb 5, 2014
Hi, have seen some posts for this issue but none really help me understand what went wrong (tried this update 3 times with same result)
I have nexus 5 with android 4.4.2, rooted with CF-Auto root.
Recently i received OTA update notification to 4.4.3, but when i'm trying to install it i get error without any info.
Before trying to update i completely uninstall xposed and all of its modules.
To my understanding using CF-Autoroot should not interfere with OTA updates.
Any ideas?

Zepius

Mar 29, 2011
Hi, have seen some posts for this issue but none really help me understand what went wrong (tried this update 3 times with same result)
Recently i received OTA update notification to 4.4.3, but when i'm trying to install it i get error without any info.
Any ideas?

did you do any other system modifications? change kernels?

oshera

Feb 5, 2014
I'd just dirty flash 4.4.3 and call it a day.
Im no android expert(far from it), and prefer to stick to the most simple methods as long as i can run xposed framework.
this is why OTA without flashing or interfering with OS is best for me.
Keep this as last resort if no progress will happen regarding OTA updates.
Thanks!

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Im no android expert(far from it), and prefer to stick to the most simple methods as long as i can run xposed framework.
Thanks!

OTA is more complex if you're rooted.. There's more flashing involved if you have / want a custom recovery (which all rooted users should aim to have)

Just download the full rooted stock ROM in android development and flash it without wipe from recovery.

It's actually fewer steps anyway.

OTA = revert system changes, boot recovery, flash, re-flash recovery, re-root
Rooted stock = boot recovery, flash

No brainer really. Flashing an OTA if rooted is a fool's errand

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Thanks!

lmao, its FAR from the most simple method. most simple method would be to dirty flash a 443 stock/rooted rom and call it a day, without over complicating anything.

marleyfan61

Aug 19, 2010
Surrey
Any ideas?

Did you uninstall Xposed from within the app? If you simply uninstalled it the same way you install regular aps (by dragging to uninstall from the app drawer) then it doesn't completely uninstall.

Reactions: oshera and Zepius

oshera

Feb 5, 2014
Did you uninstall Xposed from within the app? If you simply uninstalled it the same way you install regular aps (by dragging to uninstall from the app drawer) then it doesn't completely uninstall.
Thank you!
That fixed my problem, after uninstall from within the app i could use OTA updates without flahing anything! :)
And thanks for everyone else for advises :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any ideas?