Best capacitive stylus?

Search This thread

duckied

Apr 5, 2010
Chi-Town
I've been researching on amazon, YouTube and etc for a good stylus for my future prime. Since I never purchase a stylus before and have no clue which to get can you guys recommend me a good one? From personal experience...

duckied

Apr 5, 2010
Chi-Town
Thanks i'm interested in the iFaraday but it seems like they aren't taking any order till the 19th. Which one have you tired diesel?

Mr_Armageddon

Oct 31, 2007
Denver
I just received my Jot Pro yesterday and so far I am liking it a lot more than any other stylus on the market (and I have tried quite a few). Very accurate, and feels great in your hand.

My only grip is that I wish it had a clip to 1) keep it from rolling off the table if you forget to "dock" it with the magnet, and 2) so it could better sit/clip to a shirt pocket.

Aside from that minor annoyance, it is a quality stylus.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

joepic

Nov 28, 2011
Jot Pro and iFaraday

I myself have done ton of research and it came down to those 2.

Jot Pro if you want take notes and want to be very accurate.
http://adonit.net/product/jot-pro/

Take a look at this video of the Jot:
http://kck.st/o8eok6

iFaraday if you want to draw and multipurpose.

Here is a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPgs9XAjgyY

Thanks for the information, I update my Guide:

Ultimate Transformer PRIME TF201 Accessory Guide
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1377669

Reactions: xXxDieselxXx

xXxDieselxXx

Nov 28, 2011
Thanks i'm interested in the iFaraday but it seems like they aren't taking any order till the 19th. Which one have you tired diesel?

I don't have them yet but I have tried them from my buddy I have to say if you combine the Jot with the iFaraday then you have the perfect stylus.

I'm planning on buying both.

The Jot for super accurate writing/drawing and the iFaraday for multipurpose, browsing, etc.

Thanks for the information, I update my Guide:

Ultimate Transformer PRIME TF201 Accessory Guide
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1377669

Thanks Joe, you are doing an awesome job updating the master list - Thanks!

rockstatus90

Nov 4, 2008
So I ordered a Jot Pro earlier today...one question, can one have their hands/palms on the screen while writing? Like you would when writing on real paper? Thank you....

Aluminous

Jan 26, 2008
Seoul
So I ordered a Jot Pro earlier today...one question, can one have their hands/palms on the screen while writing? Like you would when writing on real paper? Thank you....

I really hope you can. If so then I'll be ordering a jot pro too.

I feel like this would have to be written specifically into whatever app you're writing on-- ignoring the first thing if multiple touches are registered or something along those lines.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

rockstatus90

Nov 4, 2008
^^^true, I've been looking at note taking apps and haven't seen any that would do such...I've seen reviews for these styli and their hands are suspended....how long can one write like that? I plan to do some serious note taking with this thing, like hour long meetings...the OG transformer has a note taking app thats pretty good right?

aawshads

Oct 1, 2010
Dallas
I would like ot have this functionality, but am worried about the multi touch thing. On this I think I will wait for a few reviews of the note taking before I grab a stylus. Someone who has a stylus, or more specifically the Jot, put up a review on how it works with the Prime please once you get it.

^^^true, I've been looking at note taking apps and haven't seen any that would do such...I've seen reviews for these styli and their hands are suspended....how long can one write like that? I plan to do some serious note taking with this thing, like hour long meetings...the OG transformer has a note taking app thats pretty good right?

I have read an article that said that palm canceling was baked into ICS along with other stylus features, some of which will require hardware.

I hope it ends up working like it does when using a digitizer.....how I wish the prime had digitizer hardware! Per pixel accuracy and no palm/hand issues, along with erasing. :p

Reactions: rockstatus90

Meanee

Mar 24, 2008
I got a three pack of cheap ones on eBay for. 89 cents plus free shipping. Will review when I get it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

I would be careful with those. Friend got a cheap capacitive stylus for his phone, and it's sticking to the screen. I bought a fancier one (kingston I think), and while I have my complaints, it glides MUCH better on the screen.

I am looking into Jot Pro, since I am not a very big fan of "eraser writing tip"

addisdar

Apr 12, 2006
I ordered the Jot Pro today. Hopefully from what I am hearing from reviews, that I will really like this one. I bought some cheaper ones in the past and was not happy with their accuracy and the thickness of the tips.

newtybar

May 11, 2011
I heard that the jot pro gets noisy when writing on a tablet.. makes a lot of taping sounds :S which would suck if ur taking notes in a meeting or in a quite environment...

i just picked up the Boxwave stylus from amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H18JWI/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

cant wait to get my hands on it along with my tablet :D

I'd cancel your Boxwave order and get the jot pro. Yes it can be noisier, but it writes 100x better. SMOOOTH and accurate. Seriously, there is no comparison between the two.

GregFromUtah

Dec 19, 2011
West Jordan
Does anyone have the Jot or Jot Pro stylus, and if so, have you had any issues with scratches on the screen or diminished accuracy after a few weeks of use.

Is there any metal that protrudes from the plastic disc that could scratch the screen?

I have seen several comments in other places where people have said the Jot stylus has scratched their display (Amazon has a commentor that has posted a photo of the scratches caused). And I have read that the accuracy is not as good after a few weeks use.

I have done some research and contacted the manufacturer (which replied very quickly). The explanation seems to be that dirt on the screen can cause the scratches and that the plastic tip can get loose/worn out. Apparently there may have been some defective tips early on.

This is an excerpt from my email to Adonit:

I really want to buy a Jot Pro but I am apprehensive to spend $30 if it is
going to scratch my screen, or if it is not going to work as well after a
couple weeks of use. These issues seem to be common in review comments I
have read online.

I read one review comment that said there is "a metal protrusion in the
center of the disk. It’s very noticeable." I thought the disk was plastic.
If there is a metal protrusion I can see how it could scratch the screen...

Have these issues been resolved since the Jot and Jot Pro were first
introduced? If so, what has been done to resolve the problem?

I have a tablet with gorrilla glass (Asus Transformer Prime) on order, but
even with gorilla glass, I don't want to chance scratching up my brand new
tablet.

Please advise. Thanks!

And this is their reply:

We have tested our product extensively, and the precision disk has proven to be very safe, even after prolonged use.

However, a sharp piece of sand or grit pressed very firmly between the Jot disc and the screen will probably scratch it, so take care to maintain a clean iPad screen. If the screen is not clear of debris, it will become scratched with the use of any stylus, or even just your finger.

We don't want you to worry, so if you think it will be a problem for you, we highly recommend that you use a screen protector to protect your screen from environmental dust and grit. Please be aware that Jot does not work well with the following screen protectors, due to their extra grip surface.

* Zagg Glossy Invisible Shield (but Smudge-Proof Invisible Shield works well)
* Ghost Armor
* Bodyguardz
* Skinomi
* Wrapsol

Glossy protectors are the least compatible with the Jot. We suggest looking at the Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector; we've heard that it works brilliantly with the Jot.

We are here if you have any further questions.

Anyway, I thought the info in Adonit's reply would be useful regarding screen protectors, etc and I really would love to hear from Jot or Jot Pro owners regarding their experiences with it.

Top Liked Posts