[Q] Hello please someone answer my questionS ...

Search This thread

dr-t

Apr 17, 2012
hi,
so i bought my htc one x few days ago from affordablemobile.co.uk on 3 (three) network , as i am kind of FRESH to android phones :confused: please help me out in a newbie way , thanks

1)how do i update my phone to 1.28 without using the default way because my carrier hasn't updated it yet

2)some games like gta 3 , cosmos hd ... stop unexpectedly ( without starting up the game ) and i have to mention that a advert comes before showing that massage which can be skipped AND i have to say that i haven't payed for the apps as I'm not sure they would work on the device {and i got them from 4shared }.

3)And to be honest I've read a lot about rooting , custom rom , etc / what shall i do , is it worth going through the trouble to root and ... or its not a big deal i should just leave it

4)should i unlock my phone or leave it on 3 .

thank u very much for reading/ please do post anything u know as this will help me very much to improve my skills and to help others .

{if u need more info to help please inform me }

Last edited:
S

shadowboy23

Shame on you for not paying for games. We have to support the devs. And when you not pay for games that are suppose to be paid that is stealing. Come on, the games are only a few bucks each.

Sorry but try and find someone to help you.

dr-t

Apr 17, 2012
but what if it didn't work if a buy it , i might have to send back the phone to exchange it or something
and yes i do understand bruv , i don't even torrent movies and do you thing 1 or 2 pounds its a lot for when i own one x ?
{{my english isn't good so sorry if u have misunderstood me.}};)

predator21

Jan 20, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
hi,
so i bought my htc one x few days ago from affordablemobile.co.uk on 3 (three) network , as i am kind of FRESH to android phones :confused: please help me out in a newbie way , thanks

1)how do i update my phone to 1.28 without using the default way because my carrier hasn't updated it yet

2)some games like gta 3 , cosmos hd ... stop unexpectedly ( without starting up the game ) and i have to mention that a advert comes before showing that massage which can be skipped AND i have to say that i haven't payed for the apps as I'm not sure they would work on the device {and i got them from 4shared }.

3)And to be honest I've read a lot about rooting , custom rom , etc / what shall i do , is it worth going through the trouble to root and ... or its not a big deal i should just leave it

thank u very much for reading/ please do post anything u know as this will help me very much to improve my skills and to help others .

Bro welcome to android. As per ur issue listen.... Till u get comfortable with android do not think of rooting etc etc. Mk sure u download how to and read carefully how to use it. If u r on stock u cannot destroy the fone remember if smthng goes worse jst reset. Mk sure you take backup of data. Many apps n games do not work with ics give time to devs and whatever u buy try lite version first or read reviews of app..... Greetings to u bro for android u made rite choice

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: dr-t
S

shadowboy23

but what if it didn't work if a buy it , i might have to send back the phone to exchange it or something
and yes i do understand bruv , i don't even torrent movies and do you thing 1 or 2 pounds its a lot for when i own one x ?
{{my english isn't good so sorry if u have misunderstood me.}};)

You can get a refund if it doesn't work. You can always email the developer or google around for info on the game you plan to buy to see if it works on your device.

In relation to your original question, you can do a couple of things:

1. You can wait until the update is available in your region/country/carrier
2. Read a lot about rooting. If you follow instructions after a lot of research you will able to root your device and install custom ROMs.

Custom ROMs are far better than stock ROMs as the devs tweak the ROM so it will be faster than the stock. Furthermore, you get great support no matter what custom ROM you choose.

dr-t

Apr 17, 2012
thanks for replying , but u see firstly a game like gta 3 doesn't start which I'm pretty sure it should work ! secondly , i obviously can root device following the instructions but what are the major effect that i would see coz to be honest i don't mind the ui and i enjoy it

Last edited:
S

shadowboy23

thanks for replying , but u see firstly a game like gta 3 doesn't start which I'm pretty sure it should work ! secondly , i obviously can root device following the instructions but what are the major effect that i would see coz to be honest i don't mind the ui and i enjoy it

More responsive and better performance. Battery should improve too.

aranab

Dec 22, 2011

You can get a refund if it doesn't work.

if you buy an app and it doesn't work, go back to its page on the market and there's an option to get a refund. However it's only there for fifteen minutes after purchasing.
If your connection meant that the download takes longer than 15 minutes, just send a message to Googles support team for the market; theyre always very helpful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi,

Bro welcome to android. As per ur issue listen.... Till u get comfortable with android do not think of rooting etc etc. Mk sure u download how to and read carefully how to use it. If u r on stock u cannot destroy the fone remember if smthng goes worse jst reset. Mk sure you take backup of data. Many apps n games do not work with ics give time to devs and whatever u buy try lite version first or read reviews of app..... Greetings to u bro for android u made rite choice

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium