ADB download mode command

Search This thread

Montoyatok

Mar 27, 2011
Singapore
Anyone knows the command in adb to boot the phone into download mode? I broke the volume flex cable and it's softbricked now

Sent from my MT11i using XDA

D

Deleted member 5352204

Last edited by a moderator:

ggossamer

Jan 21, 2011
Sorry but it Reboot in Normal Mode

I think I'm also experiencing the same thing, and could really use someone's help.

I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 and have rooted it. My display is broken, so would try to use the how-to to create a headless backup.

When I try to reboot it into download mode, it seems to never come back. I believe it's waiting for a keypress on the phone, or scrolling through a menu to select the right option so it can continue to boot. Can anyone with a working display confirm this for me?

I rooted it a while ago, so don't remember what's on the screen.

When I try to reboot in recovery mode, I'm also unable to select the proper menu option to continue to boot into recovery mode.

Is it always necessary to boot into download mode first, or only if you want to download something? In other words, if I only want to reboot into recovery, can I skip the download mode boot first?

Ideas greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Alex

Reactions: Lauriso

jl154

Sep 11, 2013
You don't need to enter download mode first. From command prompt enter adb reboot recovery and your good to go

nurusz

Dec 4, 2011
Hi
My android screen lost it's touch and it's stuck waiting for "Enter"
So I'm trying to use ADB to get there
My question is how to enter the "Enter" command ?

EDIT:
TNX, no need to reply, the problem is solved :)

Last edited:

sunny1689gupta

May 30, 2016
Google Pixel 2 XL
OnePlus 9 Pro
I think I'm also experiencing the same thing, and could really use someone's help.

I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 and have rooted it. My display is broken, so would try to use the how-to to create a headless backup.

When I try to reboot it into download mode, it seems to never come back. I believe it's waiting for a keypress on the phone, or scrolling through a menu to select the right option so it can continue to boot. Can anyone with a working display confirm this for me?

When I try to reboot in recovery mode, I'm also unable to select the proper menu option to continue to boot into recovery mode.

Is it always necessary to boot into download mode first, or only if you want to download something? In other words, if I only want to reboot into recovery, can I skip the download mode boot first?

Thanks,
Alex

I also installed custom rom AOSPrime. and then for going back to stock, i needed to enter download mode. None of the commands worked. i made a backup of everything in twrp except system and data. so i restored that back, and then voila, the LG logo was back but didnt boot(obvious). Now i could easily go by the vol up and then usb connection process to goto download mode.
the default stock settings enable the download mode to work.
if anyone needs the backup, mine may be of other region, but it could surely bring back the lg logo and stuff.
quote me and i will post the link

tikreen

Jul 26, 2015
ggossamer : before download mode you need to confirm download mode with volume+ or you can cancel the thing with vol- , IIRC .
For your other questions, I think, recovery with a broken screen might be difficult, maybe use ADB

Predian

Oct 8, 2017
Samsung Grand prime download mode

I have a Samsung grand prime and I can not reach download mode to use the Odin 3.07 to flash the md5, even when I used adb services command "adb reboot download" it rebooted in normal mode. Any help please?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone knows the command in adb to boot the phone into download mode? I broke the volume flex cable and it's softbricked now

Sent from my MT11i using XDA
    from computer,
    adb reboot download
    adb reboot recovery
    works 100%, no TerminalE required.
    adb shell
    $ su
    #reboot download

There is no need for su if you have a #
    I'm pretty sure its "reboot download" just like through a terminal emulator from the phone (root required).
    #su
    #reboot download
    Sorry but it Reboot in Normal Mode

Thanks,
    Alex