WM6.5 and 6.1 ROM Video Comparison

Search This thread

thanutz

Jan 28, 2008
Dear all,

Has anyone tried the video playback between the either o/s on any rom. Ive installed a couple of roms running WM6.5 but the video playback using coreplayer was awful. Droping frames and losing audio video sync.

Then I changed to one of the 6.1 Roms on the site and experienced the same playback as that of the stock rom (vodafone UK). The unit played divx/xvid clips smoothly not losing sync or droping frames.

The clip was a divx/xvid tv rip standard that you would get on a torrent site like 352 mb for 45 mins or so. I tried a few clips to find the same issue.

Im guesing this is because the HTC video drivers arent part of any 6.5 rom. Is there anyway to include these or workout why there is such a massive difference.

Thanks

b16b

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2008
Athens
Dear all,

Has anyone tried the video playback between the either o/s on any rom. Ive installed a couple of roms running WM6.5 but the video playback using coreplayer was awful. Droping frames and losing audio video sync.

Then I changed to one of the 6.1 Roms on the site and experienced the same playback as that of the stock rom (vodafone UK). The unit played divx/xvid clips smoothly not losing sync or droping frames.

The clip was a divx/xvid tv rip standard that you would get on a torrent site like 352 mb for 45 mins or so. I tried a few clips to find the same issue.

Im guesing this is because the HTC video drivers arent part of any 6.5 rom. Is there anyway to include these or workout why there is such a massive difference.

Thanks

hi
in my rom AthineOS 6.1 or 6.5 i take the same score on bechmark in the same video
i use drivers from official 6.5 i do not know if this make the deference

plz try if you want and report..
otherwise vodafone had do magic with the graphic drivers :p

thanutz

Jan 28, 2008
When you say the official drivers do u mean HTC ones for WM6.5 or one that are included with WM6.5 ones?

What type of video did u use to benchmark?

b16b

Apr 5, 2008
Athens
When you say the official drivers do u mean HTC ones for WM6.5 or one that are included with WM6.5 ones?

What type of video did u use to benchmark?

HTC ones for WM6.5

.MPG

640x480

25 frames/sec

with Kaiser take score 85 - 89%
with Rhodium take score 97 - 108%

thanutz

Jan 28, 2008
Ive just installed ure wm6.5 rom and the video playback is just as good as 6.1....

Very very very good rom :)

keep cooking in 6.5 ure doing a good job. Will be donating once i get paid later in the month!

b16b

Apr 5, 2008
Athens
Ive just installed ure wm6.5 rom and the video playback is just as good as 6.1....

Very very very good rom :)

keep cooking in 6.5 ure doing a good job. Will be donating once i get paid later in the month!

thanks m8 and welcome..
now if you want something about rom post in rom thread

i'm happy because i make you happy :D

antoniotdi

Mar 6, 2007
Puglia-Italy
Dear all,

Thanks
same problems... with official WM 6.1 coreplayer play good,
but with official WM 6.5 and others cooked rom based on WM 6.5 coreplayer performance are very low

RandyWatson

Oct 4, 2009
London
OnePlus 7 Pro
Definately noticing a much slower performance on CorePlayer with 6.5 ROM than with the 6.1. Benchmark test dropped from 104% to 72%

Anyone got a fix. Ive just upgraded to the latest coreplayer 1.3.6 and still no improv.

samtheory

Mar 1, 2009
yeah, I confirm that upgrading to a WM6.5 rom did slow down my xvid playback in coreplayer...:( (under a pro2 from stock Telus ROM 6.1 to MightyROM 6.5)

mccune

Nov 21, 2005
www.mccune.nl
Also have a look at THIS thread that mention video playback.

Don't know why people don't post a sample video so everybody can test the same movie and post their results... hint hint.. ;)