[Q] [Correct Forum?]Some Questions About This Phone

Search This thread

Jan 15, 2013
Robesonia
chr0n1cpa1n.tk
Man screw this phone, all it does is mess more stuff up. After installing Windows 7 JUST FOR THIS PROJECT, W7 overrides my boot sector of my HDD. So now every time I want to start another OS, I have to plug in a flash drive (thanks Microsoft. realllll helpful.) *I have a fix for this, but it's tedious*. Then after unlocking the bootloader, being the dumbass I am, read on a tutorial that you lose your DRM keys. Now I don't have them (still don't know what these do, but think it has to do something with my next issue). Final issue: Soft bricked my XE. This is the kicker. After about 4 hours of work trying to get the unlock ready, it screws my phone up. Says the process went well, go to reboot, aaaaaand bootloop. Found somewhere on these forums how to get it out of the bootloop, but the file you need 404'd. Already freakin sick of this phone and want to throw it at a wall.

Here's my post about it.

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in
@123386761

MatsPunt's post is what you need for your phone. For your PC, boot from the Windows disc, and when you reach the "Install Now" button, press Shift+F10 to get a command prompt, and make sure you don't have any flash drive or USB HDD (or your phone) plugged in. Now put these commands in:
Code:
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /fixmbr
bootsect /nt60 SYS /force

And reboot. Hopefully, you're done. If not, well, nothing can go bad.

And the phone? We feel the same, buddy... we all feel the same. Well, other than the time I booted/rooted/backed up DRM/unlocked bootloader of my phone, but since that...

Reactions: 123386761

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh okay this is good info! Thanks!

**EDIT** should I root, THEN backup the TA partition?

Thanks!

Yes.
    And also make sure,you've got a few ftf files. :)
    In case you want to know in HTC terms: FTFs are like RUUs, but safer to flash - so much that we've been using Xperia E dual's FTF files on the Xperia E single.
    D
    Deleted member 5439257
    @123386761

MatsPunt's post is what you need for your phone. For your PC, boot from the Windows disc, and when you reach the "Install Now" button, press Shift+F10 to get a command prompt, and make sure you don't have any flash drive or USB HDD (or your phone) plugged in. Now put these commands in:
    Code:
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootsect /nt60 SYS /force

And reboot. Hopefully, you're done. If not, well, nothing can go bad.

And the phone? We feel the same, buddy... we all feel the same. Well, other than the time I booted/rooted/backed up DRM/unlocked bootloader of my phone, but since that...