[26.07.2010] Turbo3D v3.0 *FINAL* (also available from Marketplace)

Search This thread

Hamido123

Jul 6, 2008
do the drivers change the videoplayback performance???
i´ve improvements in hd 720p video benchmark
can someone confirm??

Edit:
i´ve a tg01
and use core codec player

NeoS

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 27, 2008
Somewhere in NL
Good to see you're doing what I could not. I'm afraid I don't have the time nor the energy anymore too keep lobbying at the right ppl, but I don't think you'll need my help. ;)

I'll keep my eye on the progress in case I somehow win the lottery and am able to buy a Leo. :D

o2neouzr

Jul 16, 2007
maybe those things you removed are actually necessary, because now sense is slow as ****. and a couple of other apps i have are half the speed

danderzeth

May 31, 2008
thanks for the hard work and the progress you made!! but i'm gonna wait a little bit longer for the next patch and see how it works for other people.

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
Yeah sense is slower now. Its slower in that its some way behind my finger now in a swipe from the home tab to the last one and the weather animations on the home screen are slower to. The wiper is about half as fast to wipe.

H2D2

Nov 11, 2009
Hello Chainfire,

Thanks for making this driver patch, however I'm experiencing problems after installing (ROM version 1.43.405.1 (70124) WWE)

NFS Undercover has become glitchy (scenery turning black, car model becoming corrupted) and experiencing severe slow-downs, however it returned to normal after I removed the patch. I can't say I noticed any effect adverse or otherwise within Sense itself.

If you'd like me to test any other apps just let me know (mp4 playback within HTC album was fine).

HTH

Last edited:
P

pongothemagnificent

I install it on my acer s200, i get lower points on every benchmark, its clearly meant for the messed up drivers of the htc leo, anyways this clarifies that acer s200 users wont benefit from this patch, bur non the less exelent job you have done here chainfire, keep it up mate.

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Hmm well I'm now seeing issues I was not seeing in Patch 5, so wait for 1.1 then try again... something went wrong with Patch 6 (public 1.0)

RedDevils88

Jul 22, 2008
i have tested it on Flight Commander. NO LAG AT ALL! this is amazing.. thank you very much for your work.

timeslot

Nov 24, 2007
hmm i think the slider is a little bit slower but the tab-content contacts browsergab etc is faster

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Yes RedDevil that is the problem...

I can either make Manila fast or Flight Commander smooth... Currently it doesn't go both ways, but working on that.

anja31

May 7, 2007
Dont worry Chainfire,

tested on 1.48 rom and it feels smoother now - HTC Sense is fine. Thanks for your work

regards
Anja31

Last edited:

Jaqb

Nov 9, 2006
Rotterdam
Good job Chainfire...as always.

just wanted to report that:
With the patch, the Game South Park Mega Millionaire exits by itself. Its was working fine before the patch.

same with patch 1.1

Last edited:

russeini

Sep 6, 2009
could not install

hi chainfire. i couldnt install the patch. it gave me "installation was unsuccessful" message

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Patch updated... Please read the "readme" part of the first post specifically.

Report everything you find :)

style1

Jun 21, 2008
just out of curiousity since this ups the opengl capabilities of this phone think it will make apps like the Samsung task switcher from the omnia II actually work on our devices?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Turbo3D
    (Formerly known as HD2/Leo 3D Driver Patch)

htc-not-delivering.png

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE DOWNLOADING ! CHEFS: PLEASE SEE this POST.

About
    Many Snapdragon devices (HD2, Expo, S200/F1, TG-01, etc) have an issue with OpenGL that makes 3D games very slow and/or stutter. Turbo3D tries to fix this. The driver works on non-Snapdragon devices as well, but I doubt you'll see a lot of difference.

Usage
    The CAB file for Turbo3D is attached and called "Chainfire-Turbo3D-X.X.cab", where X.X is the version number.

The Turbo3D driver is fully automatic - just install and reboot - yet you can override the default configuration. A short help file is also included in the configuration tool ("Turbo3D" in the start menu)

The Turbo3D driver can operate in 3 modes:

(1) "Original" - Don't do any magic, just use the stock 3D drivers, mostly terrible
    (2) "Fast" - Improve performance as much as possible, works great for most games and apps
    (3) "Smooth" (Anti-Stutter) - Prevent stutter lag, some games and apps need this mode to run smoothly

By default, any application the driver does not "know", runs in "Fast" mode. This default can be changed in the configuration tool. As soon as an app runs that uses GL, the driver registers this, and after running it for the first time, the mode to use for this app can be configured in the configuration tool. For most apps and games you will probably never have to change the default settings.

As stated, some apps and games require "Smooth" mode to run fluently (these are marked with a * in the list in the second post), for these you will have to go into the config tool and change the setting for that specific app.

This leaves only one setting in the configuration tool unexplained: the "frame time" setting. By default this is set to "18 ms" which seems to work well for most users. If you find all your GL apps and games are still stuttering, try setting this value to "20 ms" or "22 ms". It will slow down rendering slightly, but it might improve visuals. On my own device I get the very best performance on the "18 ms" settings, with "17 ms" introducing major stutter again.

Please note that the driver settings are read when an application starts. Changing settings in the configuration will not take effect until you restart the application that is using GL.

Compatibility
    Compatible with all OpenGL able devices, but you will probably only see benefits on Snapdragon devices.

Installation
    Before installing Turbo3D, first manually uninstall any older versions of Turbo3D or HD2/Leo 3D Driver Patch.

After that, just install the CAB (to device, NOT to storage card !), and reboot your device.

Do NOT install Turbo3D on a ROM that has an older version of the driver cooked in !

Marketplace and donations
    Over 65 000 users are using my 3D drivers, only a handful have donated. So I'm going to try a little experiment:

You can now also get Turbo3D from Marketplace as an alternative form of donation (no need for PayPal). This is also so the general non-XDA public can get notice of the driver. The price is $ 3.99 / Euro 3.39 - or equivalent in your countries currency. The link only works if Turbo3D is available in your native market. Currently it is available in all English markets, and soon it will also be available in all German, French, and Dutch markets. If you are not from any of these markets, you can navigate to the United States / English or United Kingdom / English markets through Marketplace settings. Please, if you are from inside the EU, use United Kingdom, and if from outside the EU, use United States market (has to do with taxes, saves me a lot of work).

If you decide to give a little back to me through Marketplace, please also leave a 5 star rating and a comment on how well it works on your device and apps / games. This again helps me get more purchases from the non-XDA public :)

You can still donate directly to me here: http://www.jongma.org/dx.php

I've spent hundreds of hours trying to perfect this - please show your appreciation for my hard work ! Thank you !

Note that there is no functional difference between the version attached to this post and the one on Marketplace, but I would manually uninstall one before installing the other.

Extra
    Attached is also a hardware accelerated Direct3D Mobile driver ("Chainfire-TG01-D3DM.cab"). Stock HD2 ROMs do not come with this driver. You could try installing it and seeing if it improves performance for certain apps and games, probably those that use DirectDraw. Some people have for example reported improved performance in CorePlayer using this CAB file. It was originally taken from the TG-01. I've been told by some chefs there is a Microsoft-built D3DM driver floating around that gives even better performance. I would not install this CAB file on anything else but a stock HD2.

Thanks to
    lesscro, NuShrike, l3v5y, nrgz28, heliosdev, clubtech, christonabike, aussiebum, kholk, hanskl, GinKage, p50kombi, AstainHellbring and anyone I might have forgotten who helped test or had useful comments, etc.

Download
    If you appreciate this patch, please make a donation or purchase it from Marketplace (see above)

NO REDISTRIBUTING THIS DRIVER! FOR COOKING RULES, SEE this POST --- SOFT-RESET AFTER INSTALLATION --- INSTALL ON DEVICE, NOT STORAGE CARD

all downloads << 3.0: 67091
    Chefs and Developers

For Chefs

I am putting down some ground rules for using my driver in your ROMs:

The rules apply only to the Chainfire-Turbo3D-X.X package (you can do whatever you want with the TG01-D3DM package).

Cooking the driver patch is allowed if-and-only-if all of these conditions are met:

- The main release and support thread of your ROM is located on XDA-Developers.com
    - The download of the ROM is "free for all" (with an exception for closed beta ROMs)
    - The release and support threads note that this driver is used, "Chainfire" is credited for it, and includes a link to this thread ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=592663 )
    - Turbo3D configuration tool must be included, working, and be available through the start menu (or a subfolder thereof)
    - All files must end up in \Windows
    - You must test it before releasing (NOTE: Turbo3D uses a service! Make sure it is working!)

If you do cook it into your ROM, I request you let me know either by sending me a PM or posting in this thread (thank you). I feel these conditions are fair. If you can't meet all of them, feel free to PM me.

All DLL and EXE files in my CAB are signed with a dummy certificate, you might want to remove those signatures before cooking in.

For developers

This patch blocks 4 bits-per-subpixel modes, but these can still be used by setting EGL_CONFIG_ID in your GL configuration attributes. Attached is a CSV with a listing of all (original) configurations, including their various attributes (including EGL_CONFIG_ID).