[Q] How to remove OTA downloaded Kitkat firmware

Search This thread

iron56

Mar 17, 2014
hi,

I have recently received the Kitkat 4.4 OTA download for Kitkat for my Galaxy S4. Having heard issues with the SDcard access by certain apps, I would prefer to remain on Jellybean 4.3. However, having received the firmware downloaded onto my S4, I keep getting reminders to update my firmware every 3 hours (maximum that I can delay it).

Is there a way to delete the downloaded Kitkat 4.4 firmware? I don't have much space on my S4 internal storage and I would like to remove it as well as the irritating notifications. My S4 is not rooted.

Thanks for any help!

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
You can't delete it, but u can disable for no receive notifications about. Go to Menu Settings- More - About device - System update and untick there: "Automatic Update" and "Only Wi-fi" and reboot ur phone :highfive:

iron56

Mar 17, 2014
You can't delete it, but u can disable for no receive notifications about. Go to Menu Settings- More - About device - System update and untick there: "Automatic Update" and "Only Wi-fi" and reboot ur phone :highfive:

Thanks for the advice, but I have already done that and the notification remains intact.

Can't take the constant nag screen to update much more...