I just took a look at Verizon s5 forum and. ..

Search This thread

sling

Aug 7, 2007
Va Beach / Hatteras NC
Here was my post over there cause I donated too... :p http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52145012&postcount=60 I have Verizon and T-Mobile so I grabbed the M8 on Verizon and the S5 on T-mobile. Best of both worlds, although the M8 is waaaay snappier in pretty much every task. I wish Samsung would slim this damn TouchWiz down. Look at your available ram and tell me that this baby don't NEED 3gb of ram like the Note 3. WoW! Anyways, the more devs we all have the better if you think about it. Look how many roms and mods get ported over from different carrier variants. Yes, I am a crack flasher for sure. Glad to see you donate too though. :good:
Right on best of both worlds.
I'm not seeing any performance difference M8/GS5 side by side both are sure performers except for M8 Radio radio , GS5 wins radio battle , battery life & water resistance is a +.
Yeah the ram thing hmm , I feel its being totally over hyped. Yes more is better but in reality not needed.
For those going huh heres a great read on ram - http://www.androidcentral.com/ram-what-it-how-its-used-and-why-you-shouldnt-care.
Yes yes more developers the better! This carrier lockdown crap needs to end , Only way that's going to happen is pressure manufactures go after them in social media blitz , That's what made HTC change their tune with Sprint EVO 3D.

Last edited:

shojus

Jan 9, 2008
GRap
Right on best of both worlds.
I'm not seeing any performance difference M8/GS5 side by side both are sure performers except for M8 Radio radio , GS5 wins radio battle.
Yeah the ram thing hmm , I feel its being totally over hyped. Yes more is better but in reality not needed.
For those going huh heres a great read on ram - http://www.androidcentral.com/ram-what-it-how-its-used-and-why-you-shouldnt-care.
Yes yes more developers the better! This carrier lockdown crap needs to end , Only way that's going to happen is pressure manufactures go after them in social media blitz , That's what made HTC change their tune with Sprint EVO 3D.

Yes, both are great devices and I hope AOSP comes to the S5 cause I hate TW and I have not owned a Samsung product for quite some time and I remember why now. lol Have u tried any of the international roms yet?

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
Yes, both are great devices and I hope AOSP comes to the S5 cause I hate TW and I have not owned a Samsung product for quite some time and I remember why now. lol Have u tried any of the international roms yet?

I was thinking about eventually attempting to unofficially port an aosp Rom to our phone however there would not be support for any of the new s5 Hardware features. Those are pretty much the only things diffrentiating the phone from the s4.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

shojus

Jan 9, 2008
GRap
I was thinking about eventually attempting to unofficially port an aosp Rom to our phone however there would not be support for any of the new s5 Hardware features. Those are pretty much the only things diffrentiating the phone from the s4.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ya, that would kind of be a bummer in some areas but to be honest, the only features I would really be concerned about is the 16mp camera and possibly the fingerprint scanner. All of the other features are pretty "blah" to me... I would REALLY like to see a rom that had the settings menu that is like AOSP cause I literally hate the pulldown menus and navigating through all of the settings that I probably will never use. I am currently running your rom right now so thanks for the hard work you are putting in to that! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am glad I switched over even though the 4G service isn't great where I live, I can sacrifice that for being able to customize MY phone/tablet/computer/anything any day. ...

If any one sees or hears anything about root/recovery for the other service providers, let them know. I know I would greatly appreciate any information to get my phone working the way I intend it to.

Thanks.

Sent from my rooted 'beaned' SM-G900T using Tapatalk Premium

I'm with you. I had five lines with Verizon, all with unlimited data that I only paid 9.99 a month for because I got in on some discount; I switched them all to T-Mobile. It was a tough decision at first, but I had such a terrible time with my note 3 on Verizon, I just couldn't do it again.

Admittedly, the service isn't better, but it is good enough and now I can actually do things with my phone.

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app
    I am on ATT - but starting with my NOTE 3 and now my S5 - I don't buy ATT PHONES. I buy TMOBILE PHONES and use them on the ATT Network. They work beautifully well.

I actually signed up for TMobile for about 2 days - but I was so dissapointed with the speeds I got - compared to ATT they were horribly slow - ATT gives me phenomenal speeds around town and inside my house. The final straw was that I found the only way I could make calls from inside my house is if I used WIFI CALLING. I started thinking the reason that TMOBILE Came up with WIFI CALLING was because so many people had trouble getting signals in their house. I don't know if that is why they did it, but It sure seemed that way to me.

Anyway - I have never been happier - I get the best of both worlds - an ulocked device I can use - and a network that provides lightening fast speeds..

it works for me - and I hope whatever you guys are doing works for you as well...
    I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile the week before the S5 came out, I was paying $125 for a single phone on Verizon with 4GB data. Now on T-Mobile I get the same 4G coverage (in come cases better) as I did with Verizon, yet my girlfriend joined my account and together we get 3GB high speed data per month each, and its $100/month plus paying for the phones per month, I got the S5, she got the Note 3. Verizon is too expensive and controlling. I am very happy switching to T-Mobile.
    Yes looking forward to AOSP as well.
    Nah no Int yet , Ive been to busy enjoying BeansTown106 Deodex building mods for it :)