Search This thread

lsalamun

Mar 15, 2011
Varaždin
lsdesign.xyz
Hi all,

I noticed that my internal sd card has two 0 folders, they are like so

Sdcard/0/0/

Everything from internet saves on the first /0/Download for ex., i am now on arhd 51, but previously on archidroid everything saved inside /0/0/Download, is there any way to fix this, or repartition or something without need to wipe all the data in sd? Because everything is messed up and i don't know any more wich uses what folder and so on.

Thx in front.

Edit: posted in i9305 not i9300 Q&A, mods please transfer, sorry for that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium

Last edited:

MaHo_66

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
Hi all,

I noticed that my internal sd card has two 0 folders, they are like so

Sdcard/0/0/

Everything from internet saves on the first /0/Download for ex., i am now on arhd 51, but previously on archidroid everything saved inside /0/0/Download, is there any way to fix this, or repartition or something without need to wipe all the data in sd? Because everything is messed up and i don't know any more wich uses what folder and so on.

Thx in front.

Edit: posted in i9305 not i9300 Q&A, mods please transfer, sorry for that.

can you post some screenshots of the two folders and their content, perhaps i can tell you what to do?

Edit: you can also copy all the files in one of the 0 folders to the other 0 folder and delete the empty one, i asked for screenshots just to make sure if there is any important file in one of those folders that maybe will cause problems with functioning of other apps or system settings if you replace it.

Last edited:

lsalamun

Mar 15, 2011
Varaždin
lsdesign.xyz
Here is the /0/0/ and i cannot delete archidroid folder or clockworkmod folder (write protected), also if i copy pictures from 0/0/DCIM/Camera to 0/DCIM/Camera, they are not shown, even after reboot when mediascanner is running, when i transfer them back they are imediately shown.

Edit: i can delete archidroid and clockworkmod folder, but via phone, not via pc, but the probem with transfering pictures to now used DCIM still persists.

Attachments

• 1400500200765.jpg
    1400500200765.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 28

lsalamun

Mar 15, 2011
Varaždin
lsdesign.xyz
I transfered all the pics inside a new folder in sdcard/0/DCIM but they just don't wanna show, they pop up only in sdcard/0/0/DCIM

What can cause this problem? (I can normally view them in file managers.

I noticed that when i force run media scanner it scans storage/emulated/0/0/

It doesnt scan the first /0/ that is used now, can this be fixed?

Attachments

• 1400510473249.jpg
    1400510473249.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 1400510487120.jpg
    1400510487120.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 1400510500239.jpg
    1400510500239.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

lsalamun

Mar 15, 2011
Varaždin
lsdesign.xyz
Screenshots for proof that 0/0/ works.

P.s. sorry for double post i cannot update pictures via xda premium in edit mode.

Attachments

• 1400511356671.jpg
    1400511356671.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 1400511368584.jpg
    1400511368584.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 15

MaHo_66

Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht

P.s. sorry for double post i cannot update pictures via xda premium in edit mode.

oke bro, here is what you should do everything personal and important to you like pics./music/documents copy to your external sd card or to your pc if possible both should be safe. format your internal sd card of the phone in recovery mode after everything is restored back put your files back into proper folders and all should be fine again. you are rooted and have custom recovery installed right?

Reactions: lsalamun

lsalamun

Mar 15, 2011
Varaždin
lsdesign.xyz
oke bro, here is what you should do everything personal and important to you like pics./music/documents copy to your external sd card or to your pc if possible both should be safe. format your internal sd card of the phone in recovery mode after everything is restored back put your files back into proper folders and all should be fine again. you are rooted and have custom recovery installed right?

Yes of course i'm rooted with twrp, i tought there was some other way than getting in all that copy paste, but i'll do that and then it must, just must work.
I think i messed something up in archidroid installation when it asked for EXT4 repartitioning or something like that.

MaHo_66

Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
Yes of course i'm rooted with twrp, i tought there was some other way than getting in all that copy paste, but i'll do that and then it must, just must work.
I think i messed something up in archidroid installation when it asked for EXT4 repartitioning or something like that.

yes that must be it, as i had read somewhere on these threads a similar problem like yours ;) its better to avoid changing or setting options from which you dont understand what they do like EXT4 or F2FS partitions unless you know what you are doing. at least thats what i do to avoid any problems with my device :)

lsalamun

Mar 15, 2011
Varaždin
lsdesign.xyz
yes that must be it, as i had read somewhere on these threads a similar problem like yours ;) its better to avoid changing or setting options from which you dont understand what they do like EXT4 or F2FS partitions unless you know what you are doing. at least thats what i do to avoid any problems with my device :)

Yes, i know now for future, but, one more question..

It's 'calculating time for copy...' now, i see it'll take ages to 'calculate', so, is there any option to just mount the internal sd card, i remember i could mount it via CWM on my old S2 and everything went quick, but i cannot mount just SD anymore, only as a 'Media device', it seems quite slower..

Do you know an option to do that?

Edit: Disabled indexing, it's flying now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MaHo_66

MaHo_66

Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht

It's 'calculating time for copy...' now, i see it'll take ages to 'calculate', so, is there any option to just mount the internal sd card, i remember i could mount it via CWM on my old S2 and everything went quick, but i cannot mount just SD anymore, only as a 'Media device', it seems quite slower..

I do recommend using philz touch CWM advanced edition or just the CWM touch version as a recovery choice (especially philz) rather than Twrp, but its all up to you..

lsalamun

Mar 15, 2011
Varaždin
lsdesign.xyz
I was on philz quite a while, now testing twrp, i did the wipe, everything's perfect now, but i accidentaly deleted my pics coz' they were in the 0/0/ and i deleted the second 0 thinking i don't need it :p
I got a little shock but i'll recover:)

MaHo_66

Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
I was on philz quite a while, now testing twrp, i did the wipe, everything's perfect now, but i accidentaly deleted my pics coz' they were in the 0/0/ and i deleted the second 0 thinking i don't need it :p
I got a little shock but i'll recover:)

Haha :laugh: allright mate :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.