[Q] No access to recovery or download mode

Search This thread

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
I wanted to root my sons phone
SGY GT-S5360L, 2.3.5, S5360LUHKI1, Kernel 2.6.35.7 se.infra@SEP-66 #1, GINGERBREAD.UMKJ2
Unfortunately i cannot enter recovery or download mode with the 3 buttons combo, so i dont know how to flash a custom kernel to get rooting. Anybody could help? How can i get access to recovery and download?

deathnotice01

Feb 19, 2012
Cebu
SGY GT-S5360L, 2.3.5, S5360LUHKI1, Kernel 2.6.35.7 se.infra@SEP-66 #1, GINGERBREAD.UMKJ2
Unfortunately i cannot enter recovery or download mode with the 3 buttons combo, so i dont know how to flash a custom kernel to get rooting. Anybody could help? How can i get access to recovery and download?

sure thing, just flash this in stock recovery no need for CWM, it works and gets your phone rooted

Attachments

• rootaccess.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 236
Reactions: claus1953

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
is that a custom kernel?where did he get that?tell me...is it work?

btw, youre a senior member. please don't be a bad example for newer member here. please put your answer in faq section next time. to root your sons device, you may use super one click from shortfuse if you can't get into recovery nor odin mode.

Reactions: claus1953

deathnotice01

Feb 19, 2012
Cebu

btw, youre a senior member. please don't be a bad example for newer member here. please put your answer in faq section next time. to root your sons device, you may use super one click from shortfuse if you can't get into recovery nor odin mode.

LOL, it works, it was actually the first file i ever flashed on my Y, gets nonrooted phone rooted right away without any need for a CWM

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
LOL, it works, it was actually the first file i ever flashed on my Y, gets nonrooted phone rooted right away without any need for a CWM

no...what i mean is the kernel in his son's phone. i've used the same method to root my phone too. (lol)

@clauss: tell me...where did your son got that kernel. we're developing a new kernel for SGY at this moment. that kernel could be helpfull for us.

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008

Thanks a lot that did root my phone, now i can use Titanium backup to restore some apps and databases. I know i should not ask that here, but how could i gain access to stock recovery or download mode to flash a custom rom?

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
isn't that a combo button for mini?

@clauss: have you turn off your phone before using 3 combo button?it should be work on any stock SGY

Duh...now i feel dumb... i was doing it like on my SGS i9000 where i just restart with the 3 buttons pressed. Now i turned the phone off and it works, both recovery and download. Really many thanks to you and all who answered.

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
he already solve his problem, jeff. I think you've confused with so many new information in this forum. he doesn't need a jig.

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
thats ok. I saw you as high spirited learner and you have read so much information lately. its normal if you got confused when trying to understand some technical term. maybe you should take it slower. too many new information could blow your head :D

Reactions: jeffcleds

edwardsa86

Jan 24, 2012
Mexico
OK I got lost, so how exactly did he root his L version? kurotsugi method or with deathnotice01rootaccess.zip?

I have the same model and kernel, and would like to root it.

i have a peculiar problem.. my galaxy young turns off every time after showing the galaxy y logo.. i can't enter into recovery mode by 3 key combo. but i can enter into download mode but the phone turns off after few seconds.. can't flash via odin.... i have tried the ''without battery method'' mentioned in a thread but same thing happens..

another peculiar thing is that ,, after inserting the battery the phone automatically starts but shutdown after few seconds showing 'galaxy y '' logo..

please help me...

i have a peculiar problem.. my galaxy young turns off every time after showing the galaxy y logo.. i can't enter into recovery mode by 3 key combo. but i can enter into download mode but the phone turns off after few seconds.. can't flash via odin.... i have tried the ''without battery method'' mentioned in a thread but same thing happens..

another peculiar thing is that ,, after inserting the battery
phone automatically starts but shutdown after few seconds showing 'galaxy y '' logo..

please help me...
Send your phone to the service center.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sure thing, just flash this in stock recovery no need for CWM, it works and gets your phone rooted

if the three combo doesn't work
    maybe you can try to use only 2
    (volume up + power)
    not sure, but you can try :D

isn't that a combo button for mini?

@clauss: have you turn off your phone before using 3 combo button?it should be work on any stock SGY
    thats ok. I saw you as high spirited learner and you have read so much information lately. its normal if you got confused when trying to understand some technical term. maybe you should take it slower. too many new information could blow your head :D
    yeah. blows my head too much. then forgot. -_-