[Q] [q] gs701b action demo 7013 gl5201 and livesuit

Search This thread

melankoly

Oct 6, 2010
I flashed my chinese gs701b tablet with the the CEMA10S24 firmware available on this forum

using the ADFU mode, through the recovery menu:

1) erase user data partition
2) enter adfu
3) upgrade firmware from sdcard
4) exit menu

everything went fine but now the touch is not working.

Im trying to use now livesuit to flash another available rom but the software cant seem to find the tablet. I used the following methods:

1. plug usb with volume+ and power buttons
2. plug usb with volume- and power buttons
3. plug usb with menu and power buttons
4. plug usb with volume+ and reset buttons
5. etc

And nothing seems to work. I used version 1.05, 1.07 and 1.09 of livesuit.

Please help? I really need it.
Thanks in advance.

P.d.: inbuilt recovery menu is not working anymore either

Reactions: Nad007

Squirlycat

Sep 20, 2007
Wish I could help, Have the same tablet

Question for you?
How did you root your tablet
I am looking for suitable drivers so I can Root and copy the original firmware before I try out different ROMs
The fact that the stock firmware doesn't support flash or half the apps I want is getting on my tits

I flashed my chinese gs701b tablet with the the CEMA10S24 firmware available on this forum

2) enter adfu
4) exit menu

Im trying to use now livesuit to flash another available rom but the software cant seem to find the tablet. I used the following methods:

5. etc

Thanks in advance.

brynthomas

Dec 13, 2012
cardiff
hi i got same tablet as well with the same problem. i flashed mine and now touch screen don't work and I cant use the biult in recovery (menu vol+ and power). also memory card slot dosen't work. the buttons don't do what they are suppose to like vol+ I press it and its menu button i changed what it dose by editing a file so its volume. but i still cant access recovery menu on start up, the only way I can see fixing it is if i can fix the recovery menu so i can get it to show up or wait for someone to figure out how to install clockworkmod recovery on the same tablet making a copy of there firmware then using that.

muree

Dec 13, 2012
help

Hello,

i need some help.

where can i find firmware to gs701b? I have a tablet with gs701b modell number.

thanks!

elmamuas

Dec 17, 2012
GL5201 or GS701b

Hello, i have this GL5201 or GS701B (the same) chinese tablet and i try to replace the firmware, but i'm really a noob in this matters, so, can you help me kinda step by step to put the firmware inside the damn thing, please, i already download all the things in the link you have posted, the one with the PC201231-Q8-0329 camera zip thing is like not ready to use and put in a micro sd card or really dont know, thats why i'm asking for help, please, please, please.

By the way, i have already downloaded, unziped and installed in to my tablet the TF20121031-q8-0329 camera zip and the 20121031-q8-0329 camera zip and both of them is not getting the touchscreen to work, thanks a lot for your patience and time.

jfran

Dec 10, 2004
Leeds
efundz.net
Well if the touchscreen is not workng after flashing the firmware I suspect yu have hardware issues and shuld see if you can get the unit replaced

elmamuas

Dec 17, 2012
hardware

Well if the touchscreen is not workng after flashing the firmware I suspect yu have hardware issues and shuld see if you can get the unit replaced

Hello, let me tell you the full story, happen that the tablet was working fine, but suddenly starts to send messages like, "unfortunately androi.acore.something has stopped" and then "camera" and "facebook", and every app i had started, but touchscreen was working perfect even with the messages going on, that's when i decided to flash the tablet thanks to a some recommendation on the internet, i had no idea in what i was getting in to, so i put the thing on the micro sd and did the steps to flash the tablet, and everything looked good until i tried to use the touchscreen, wasn't working, thats why i believe is not a hardware issue, anyway, if you have any solution for me, i'll love you for the rest of my life (lol), thanks in advance.

alejob54

Dec 17, 2012
I had the same problem(Solved)

I bought a chinese cheap tablet.
Model gs701b,
Android version: 4.0.3
Kernel 3.0.8 wineulo@Monia-Server #15

And the next day that crap stop working. There was a error message. "unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped" and so on with the applications. Some days worked, some days didn't, even the keyboard stopped working. First i did, was to reset factory data on settings. it didn't work. then turn it on with the power button + Vol+. and select the 1 option. Erase user data. Didn't work as i expected, the problem went on. So i started to read on internet and after searching for a week i followed the instructions provided here

/* I can not place the link here because it says im new, so search in youtube : gs701b " and the video with the name "Tablet PC Q8, gs701b, MIPS, ATM 7013, not Allwinner A13" thats the one */

I downloaded that file and did what he said.
Some people says that method does not work and their touch screens got locked, as you can read on the video comments. I think its because their models weren't the same.

So i did it with my gs701b and everything went perfectly. I just put that file(extracted) on the recently formated MicroSD, rebooted it with power button and vol+ pressed, selected option 3: upgrade firmware from SD and it took a few minutes, no longer than 5. Now apps work fine and the touch screen didnt screw up. I hope it helps someone as this forum and the video did it.

Sorry about my english. I speak spanish.

PS: after i did it, the android version is still the same. 4.0.3

Can i downgrade it to android 2.3 ? i think it would become faster. Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Hello, let me tell you the full story, happen that the tablet was working fine, but suddenly starts to send messages like, "unfortunately androi.acore.something has stopped" and then "camera" and "facebook", and every app i had started, but touchscreen was working perfect even with the messages going on, that's when i decided to flash the tablet thanks to a some recommendation on the internet, i had no idea in what i was getting in to, so i put the thing on the micro sd and did the steps to flash the tablet, and everything looked good until i tried to use the touchscreen, wasn't working, thats why i believe is not a hardware issue, anyway, if you have any solution for me, i'll love you for the rest of my life (lol), thanks in advance.

There is a video where a guy fixes a problem like that.
Cant post links but search in youtube: "Como cambiar la rom a una tablet china". it's in spanish.

elmamuas

Dec 17, 2012
hi

Model gs701b,

And the next day that crap stop working. There was a error message. "unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped" and so on with the applications. Some days worked, some days didn't, even the keyboard stopped working. First i did, was to reset factory data on settings. it didn't work. then turn it on with the power button + Vol+. and select the 1 option. Erase user data. Didn't work as i expected, the problem went on. So i started to read on internet and after searching for a week i followed the instructions provided here

/* I can not place the link here because it says im new, so search in youtube : gs701b " and the video with the name "Tablet PC Q8, gs701b, MIPS, ATM 7013, not Allwinner A13" thats the one */

Some people says that method does not work and their touch screens got locked, as you can read on the video comments. I think its because their models weren't the same.

So i did it with my gs701b and everything went perfectly. I just put that file(extracted) on the recently formated MicroSD, rebooted it with power button and vol+ pressed, selected option 3: upgrade firmware from SD and it took a few minutes, no longer than 5. Now apps work fine and the touch screen didnt screw up. I hope it helps someone as this forum and the video did it.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Cant post links but search in youtube: "Como cambiar la rom a una tablet china". it's in spanish.

Hi, i also did the steps from there, and the touchscreen does not work, I don't know if there is 2 kinds of gs701b, to be precise, there is 2 different models of gs701b, the one with the home button and the other without it, so i don't really know if I can use that stuff on both, the one is not working is the one with the home button on it, I have both because I resell those, I really need the stuff for warranty purposes, really appreciate your comment and thanks, by the way, I'm a spanish speaker too, but we can't write in spanish here.

jfran

Dec 10, 2004
Leeds
efundz.net
hi

if after the hardreset the touchsreen is not working and the reflash is the firmware has the same effect then its definitely a hardware issue with the screen, its a shame they havent released any other firmware updates, anyway for warranty purposes reflash the firmware, and take bak to vendor is you are not having much joy.

alejob54

Dec 17, 2012
Hi, i also did the steps from there, and the touchscreen does not work, I don't know if there is 2 kinds of gs701b, to be precise, there is 2 different models of gs701b, the one with the home button and the other without it, so i don't really know if I can use that stuff on both, the one is not working is the one with the home button on it, I have both because I resell those, I really need the stuff for warranty purposes, really appreciate your comment and thanks, by the way, I'm a spanish speaker too, but we can't write in spanish here.

As you say, there could be more than one kind of them. The one i fixed yesterday (my gs701b) doesn't have home button.
Hope it could be useful.

Reactions: elmamuas

jfran

Dec 10, 2004
Leeds
efundz.net
has anyone figured out how to root the gs701b yet ?

rooting should be similar to methods for the A13 MID tablet (either using the unlock root - unlockroot.com or suggestions here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33349032#post33349032), however my challenge has been finding the right usb drivers for the tablet to be recognised by my PC?? Anyway will play around a bit later and see what i could make of things.

Coincidentally for the guys having touchscreen probs, i have tried the other firmware listed on http://ele-china.com/soft/tablet/Atm/Q8/ - 2012092002_Q8_TF.zip and it works well

Reactions: Nad007

sunnytimes

Dec 16, 2012
rooting should be similar to methods for the A13 MID tablet (either using the unlock root - unlockroot.com or suggestions here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33349032#post33349032), however my challenge has been finding the right usb drivers for the tablet to be recognised by my PC?? Anyway will play around a bit later and see what i could make of things.

Coincidentally for the guys having touchscreen probs, i have tried the other firmware listed on http://ele-china.com/soft/tablet/Atm/Q8/ - 2012092002_Q8_TF.zip and it works well

same .. i can't get adb to even find the thing .. i tried unlockroot with no luck as it can't find the tablet .. i tried installing the google usb drivers with an edited usb inf file with still no luck .. hmm if that firmware works could we not just edit the firmware before flash to be rooted ? , not that i know how to do that yet..

elmamuas

Dec 17, 2012
pictures

Model gs701b,

buddy, could you post a picture (or many) of your tablet, i just want to know if is the same as mine, and tell me where are you from, thanks in advance.

brynthomas

Dec 13, 2012
cardiff
hi i got the drivers and how to root my tablet from a site i found look at post 5 google ' help-needed-how-root-apad-gl5201'
if drivers dont work you can manually edit android_usb driver . to do this use a a usb andoid driver you downloaded then you edit add the hardware id of your tablet you can find that information if you look in device manager right click on your tablet click properties then click on details. for my tablet it reads USB\VID_10D6&PID_0C02&MI_01. you open android_winusb.inf in notepad then add your hardware details for my tablet it looks like this after i have edited it.

;
; Android WinUsb driver installation.
;
[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
Class = AndroidUsbDeviceClass
ClassGuid = {3F966BD9-FA04-4ec5-991C-D326973B5128}
Provider = %ProviderName%
DriverVer = 12/06/2010,4.0.0000.00000
CatalogFile.NTx86 = androidwinusb86.cat
CatalogFile.NTamd64 = androidwinusba64.cat

;
; This section seems to be required for WinUsb driver installation.
; If this section is removed the installer will report an error
; "Required section not found in INF file".
;
[ClassInstall32]
Addreg = AndroidWinUsbClassReg

[AndroidWinUsbClassReg]
HKR,,,0,%ClassName%
HKR,,Icon,,-1

[Manufacturer]
%ProviderName% = Google, NTx86, NTamd64

[Google.NTx86]
; Action-semi
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_10D6&PID_0C02&MI_01

[Google.NTamd64]
; Action-semi

[USB_Install]
Include = winusb.inf
Needs = WINUSB.NT

[USB_Install.Services]
Include = winusb.inf
AddService = WinUSB,0x00000002,WinUSB_ServiceInstall

[WinUSB_ServiceInstall]
DisplayName = %WinUSB_SvcDesc%
ServiceType = 1
StartType = 3
ErrorControl = 1
ServiceBinary = %12%\WinUSB.sys

[USB_Install.Wdf]
KmdfService = WINUSB, WinUSB_Install

[WinUSB_Install]
KmdfLibraryVersion = 1.9

[USB_Install.HW]
AddReg = Dev_AddReg

[Dev_AddReg]
HKR,,DeviceInterfaceGUIDs,0x10000,"{F72FE0D4-CBCB-407d-8814-9ED673D0DD6B}"

[USB_Install.CoInstallers]
AddReg = CoInstallers_AddReg
CopyFiles = CoInstallers_CopyFiles

[CoInstallers_AddReg]
HKR,,CoInstallers32,0x00010000,"WdfCoInstaller01009.dll,WdfCoInstaller","WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll"

[CoInstallers_CopyFiles]
WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll
WdfCoInstaller01009.dll

[DestinationDirs]
CoInstallers_CopyFiles=11

[SourceDisksNames]
1 = %DISK_NAME%,,,\i386
2 = %DISK_NAME%,,,\amd64

[SourceDisksFiles.x86]
WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll = 1
WdfCoInstaller01009.dll = 1

[SourceDisksFiles.amd64]
WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll = 2
WdfCoInstaller01009.dll = 2

[Strings]
ProviderName = "Google, Inc."
SingleAdbInterface = "Android ADB Interface"
CompositeAdbInterface = "Android Composite ADB Interface"
SingleBootLoaderInterface = "Android Bootloader Interface"
WinUSB_SvcDesc = "Android USB Driver"
DISK_NAME = "Android WinUsb installation disk"
ClassName = "Android Phone"

you can copy this if you want and just make the changes to match your tablet (just change USB\VID_10D6&PID_0C02&MI_01 to what it is for your tablet) . save it as androidusb.inf and replace the one thats part of the android usb drivers you got

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

hi i got the drivers and how to root my tablet from a site i found look at post 5 google ' help-needed-how-root-apad-gl5201'

just to update it better to google ' [Help needed] How to root **** gl5201? ' that will give you the right site. I also forgot to ask people on here say that they were able to reflash their tablet. has anyone or dose anyone know how to flash it if the sd slot dont work and you cant enter recovery menu so you cant use update from sd or enter adfu mode.

Reactions: Nad007 and jfran

MackTK

Feb 18, 2009
Hi.

Same problem here: after installing TF-20121031-Q8-0329camera.zip from SD, my screed died. Before that, all was working fine. The partially good thing is that I've got another full working tablet, same model.

For the record, I'm a complete noob in Android stuff, but willing to try. :) My ideea was to somehow dump the working ROM from the tablet that is working and restore it on the one with the dead digitizer.

Is it possible to do such a thing? Also, I've got a zip with three files: icecream_gl5201_q8_rgb.fw, misc.img and system.img. Are they useful to something?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sweet it worked, my tablet shows up now .. thank you.

now to figure out how to root it .. unlockroot says no device .,. Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18 gives random errors .. superoneclick stops at an error ..

edit!! .. got it rooted!! i followed this ..

0) Extract all the files from the zip attachment here Download gl5201-rooting zip
    1) adb install <pathtofilesextracted>\Superuser.apk
    2) adb push <pathtofilesextracted>\busybox /sdcard/
    3) adb push <pathtofilesextracted>\su /sdcard/
    3.1) adb shell
    3.2) su
    3.3) actions123
    4) mount -o remount rw /system
    5) mv /system/xbin/su /system/xbin/oldsu (keep a backup copy)
    6) cp /sdcard/busybox /system/bin/busybox
    7) cp /sdcard/su /system/bin/su
    8) chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
    9) chmod 0755 /system/bin/busybox
    10) ln -s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su (here it says "error files exists" but go on..) ***
    11) Install Root Explorer, it'll ask for root permissions...give it to it !

yes my tablet is a gs701b and I used gl5201 drivers. any drivers for a tablet thats got a atm7013 processor will work.
    if drivers dont work you can manually edit android_usb driver . to do this use a a usb andoid driver you downloaded then you edit add the hardware id of your tablet you can find that information if you look in device manager right click on your tablet click properties then click on details. for my tablet it reads USB\VID_10D6&PID_0C02&MI_01. you open android_winusb.inf in notepad then add your hardware details for my tablet it looks like this after i have edited it.

;
    ; Android WinUsb driver installation.
    ;
    [Version]
    Signature = "$Windows NT$"
    Class = AndroidUsbDeviceClass
    ClassGuid = {3F966BD9-FA04-4ec5-991C-D326973B5128}
    Provider = %ProviderName%
    DriverVer = 12/06/2010,4.0.0000.00000
    CatalogFile.NTx86 = androidwinusb86.cat
    CatalogFile.NTamd64 = androidwinusba64.cat

;
    ; This section seems to be required for WinUsb driver installation.
    ; If this section is removed the installer will report an error
    ; "Required section not found in INF file".
    ;
    [ClassInstall32]
    Addreg = AndroidWinUsbClassReg

[AndroidWinUsbClassReg]
    HKR,,,0,%ClassName%
    HKR,,Icon,,-1

[Manufacturer]
    %ProviderName% = Google, NTx86, NTamd64

[Google.NTx86]
    ; Action-semi

[Google.NTamd64]
    ; Action-semi

[USB_Install]
    Include = winusb.inf
    Needs = WINUSB.NT

[USB_Install.Services]
    Include = winusb.inf
    AddService = WinUSB,0x00000002,WinUSB_ServiceInstall

[WinUSB_ServiceInstall]
    DisplayName = %WinUSB_SvcDesc%
    ServiceType = 1
    StartType = 3
    ErrorControl = 1
    ServiceBinary = %12%\WinUSB.sys

[USB_Install.Wdf]
    KmdfService = WINUSB, WinUSB_Install

[WinUSB_Install]
    KmdfLibraryVersion = 1.9

[USB_Install.HW]
    AddReg = Dev_AddReg

[Dev_AddReg]
    HKR,,DeviceInterfaceGUIDs,0x10000,"{F72FE0D4-CBCB-407d-8814-9ED673D0DD6B}"

[USB_Install.CoInstallers]
    AddReg = CoInstallers_AddReg
    CopyFiles = CoInstallers_CopyFiles

[CoInstallers_AddReg]
    HKR,,CoInstallers32,0x00010000,"WdfCoInstaller01009.dll,WdfCoInstaller","WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll"

[CoInstallers_CopyFiles]
    WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll
    WdfCoInstaller01009.dll

[DestinationDirs]
    CoInstallers_CopyFiles=11

[SourceDisksNames]
    1 = %DISK_NAME%,,,\i386
    2 = %DISK_NAME%,,,\amd64

[SourceDisksFiles.x86]
    WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll = 1
    WdfCoInstaller01009.dll = 1

[SourceDisksFiles.amd64]
    WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll = 2
    WdfCoInstaller01009.dll = 2

[Strings]
    ProviderName = "Google, Inc."
    SingleAdbInterface = "Android ADB Interface"
    CompositeAdbInterface = "Android Composite ADB Interface"
    SingleBootLoaderInterface = "Android Bootloader Interface"
    WinUSB_SvcDesc = "Android USB Driver"
    DISK_NAME = "Android WinUsb installation disk"
    ClassName = "Android Phone"

you can copy this if you want and just make the changes to match your tablet (just change USB\VID_10D6&PID_0C02&MI_01 to what it is for your tablet) . save it as androidusb.inf and replace the one thats part of the android usb drivers you got

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

just to update it better to google ' [Help needed] How to root **** gl5201? ' that will give you the right site. I also forgot to ask people on here say that they were able to reflash their tablet. has anyone or dose anyone know how to flash it if the sd slot dont work and you cant enter recovery menu so you cant use update from sd or enter adfu mode.

2) enter adfu
    4) exit menu

5. etc

Thanks in advance.

I just realized what I said in my previous post isn't quite true!
    Indeed the mass product tool doesn't accept any other firmware then the one which is
    included in the CEMA10S24.rar namely AT7110517.fw (removed the chinese characters in the .FW name)
    I found there is a significant difference in file size between AT7110517.fw and upgrade_fast.fw

But finally last night I figured out how to make my tablet work again.
    I downloaded the following utility: Actions Tablet Product Tool 1.02_02(Developer Edition) located here:

h ttp s: //w ww. dropbox.com/sh/mzdyo0gmmwl9mol/EXYRnMu95o (Link also found in this thread. Big THX to Releaser!!)

Then I downloaded this .FW file: icecream_gl5201_q8_rgb.fw located here:

htt p: // pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=4230681867

It's only a small file 6,92MB in size but after opening it in the Actions Tablet Product Tool 1.02
    suddenly I see more options appear.
    Now you have the option to load 2 IMG files and some directories (which I didn't do)

I downloaded 2 img files also located in this thread (apparently releaser extracted them with ADB from a working tablet)

htt p s: // w ww .dropbox.com/sh/mzdyo0gmmwl9mol/EXYRnMu95o

The filenames are:

acta.img
    actb.img

So in total three files where loaded in the Action Tablet Product Tool 1.02

icecream_gl5201_q8_rgb.fw
    acta.img
    actb.img

Then I put my tablet again in ADFU mode (either with vol + and power button ) or by shorting pin 8 & 9 on the nand chip
    and holding the power button and flashed my tablet this way.
    The result: ALL WORKS AGAIN!!!!
    If after this your tablet still doesnt work..perhaps now you have the chance to get back into recovery menu by holding
    the + and power button so you can flash the upgrade_fast.fw from SD card.

So this means that we could extract IMG files using ADB from working units and flash them with the Actions Tablet
    Product Tool 1.02 to make non working tablets work again!

Again...hope this helps :)

you sir are a GOD...... IT WORKS!!!!

thank soooo much i am going to type up a full tutorial and post it here on xda and you are getting prority credit..

right now i know i cant brick my tablet its time to see if i can make some sort of flashable backup so i can start customizing/building a rom for it :)

EDIT: here is the link to the new tutorial thread i have just finished writing... if you spot anything wrong with it please let me know.. Oh and you got credit :p

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47706121#post47706121

thanks so much for your help...
    rob