[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v. 2.1.9

Search This thread

Benjamin1966

Nov 11, 2010
Houston
Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12]

Yes and no! As long as your device is completely stock and only rooted then this method should work, anything changed, twrp etc. then probably not. Probably best if you wait till you have access to your computer before trying.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The OTA update will fail if any of the files to be patched by the update has been modified. One such file is /system/bin/debuggerd which was modified purportedly by the Stickmount app, causing the update failure for many folks (myself included); see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2148889 for more info. In these situations, you'll have to restore the original copy of the modified file, or simply restore the N7 to stock, before taking the update.

Rooting is all I've done besides ROM manager & titanium backup but I'll go with both suggestions and check the files and have my laptop ready.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

rrand

Oct 29, 2011
Hello, I need some help. I have to return my N10 today, as it's my last day to return it.

I'm trying to downgrade to the stock ROM with Wug's Root Toolkit. I chose the option, "Back to Stock" -> "Flash Stock + Unroot", "Device is on/normal".

Everything seems to be going well, until when I get to the part where it says, "Booting up your freshly flashed stock device". But nothing happened. The Nexus is still in the bootloader with the android's chest open and the box with the option to START.

The toolkit itself couldn't download the stock ROM because it doesn't exist on the site. So I downloaded it from another site and in the toolkit chose that ".tar" image file. The MD5 was a match, so I don't know why it's not working.

What can I do? Like I said, it has to go in today.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Hello, I need some help. I have to return my N10 today, as it's my last day to return it.

I'm trying to downgrade to the stock ROM with Wug's Root Toolkit. I chose the option, "Back to Stock" -> "Flash Stock + Unroot", "Device is on/normal".

Everything seems to be going well, until when I get to the part where it says, "Booting up your freshly flashed stock device". But nothing happened. The Nexus is still in the bootloader with the android's chest open and the box with the option to START.

The toolkit itself couldn't download the stock ROM because it doesn't exist on the site. So I downloaded it from another site and in the toolkit chose that ".tar" image file. The MD5 was a match, so I don't know why it's not working.

What can I do? Like I said, it has to go in today.

Thanks.

I should add that I'm not using a modified rom. I am on Android version 4.2.2, that I upgraded to with this Root Toolkit. Do I even have to downgrade my rom? Can I just unroot and OEM lock it? (I also want to wipe the data clean before taking it in.)

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Actually I just found out it has to go back tomorrow. I thought it was two weeks, but a call to the store said 15 days. So hopefully I can get some help by tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

One more reply. I'm sorry, I thought this was the Nexus 10 thread. I reposted over there.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

#define

May 1, 2012

You dnt need to downgrade if you're using stock ROM..
Just unroot, flash stock recovery, wipe data, and lock bootloader and you're good to go...

Sent from my Nexus 7

timrock

Dec 10, 2010
Can i get some help please. I wont be able to read thru all these pages to get my answer. So i am unlocking my verizon galaxy nexus for the first. I installed the toolkit. I have my drivers, etc. When i choose unlock, i get a message saying no bootloader is installed. Did i miss a step? How can i install the bootloader? Should i download TWRP or CWM, then in NRT choose Launch, Boot/Flash Image, Flash, Bootloader and select the file (where do i get this file from?) and then after that step, what next? I think after this, i will be good enough to go on my own. Thanks for the help

EDIT. Yep, i answered my own question. Got it to install the bootloader. If i have more questions, i will come back.

Last edited:

doncaruana

Jan 17, 2011
Need a little help after 4.2.2

I had used this previously and my Nexus 7 (32GB Wifi) was unlocked and rooted stock without installing a custom recovery. I *thought* I had at least one app on here that would keep root, but I forgot anyway and updated to 4.2.2. So, now I'm still unlocked, but not rooted anymore.

I went and grabbed the new zip file and put it in the tools directory. Now, I'm thinking I can just go to the 'root' step in the toolkit. But I wanted to do a quick backup first. Now I run into issues. I decide to run the driver test and everything is cool right up until the part where it tries to reboot into the bootloader mode and fails.

And here I'm stuck. What is the step that I am missing? I set it to any build, but still nothing stuck in the same spot.

Any ideas?

pughie

Nov 26, 2011
Cardiff
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Go here and scroll down a bit for an explanation and fix :)

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Edit - just read you downloaded the new zip so my advice would be to wait for the new update nrt and hopefully that will work for you

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: Nosterius

doncaruana

Jan 17, 2011
I had used this previously and my Nexus 7 (32GB Wifi) was unlocked and rooted stock without installing a custom recovery. I *thought* I had at least one app on here that would keep root, but I forgot anyway and updated to 4.2.2. So, now I'm still unlocked, but not rooted anymore.

I went and grabbed the new zip file and put it in the tools directory. Now, I'm thinking I can just go to the 'root' step in the toolkit. But I wanted to do a quick backup first. Now I run into issues. I decide to run the driver test and everything is cool right up until the part where it tries to reboot into the bootloader mode and fails.

And here I'm stuck. What is the step that I am missing? I set it to any build, but still nothing stuck in the same spot.

Any ideas?

Went and used another machine (WinXP) and it worked fine. Win7x64 (my other machine) can be a tad problematic with this stuff sometimes.

Back to root! Thanks so much for this awesome little tool!!!

NLBeev

Jul 4, 2007
Scheveningen

....... everything is cool right up until the part where it tries to reboot into the bootloader mode and fails.

Any ideas?
The bootloader needs a different driver. You need to install 2 drivers. One for 'normal' connection and a driver for the bootloader.

NiteTrekker

Nov 19, 2011
Worked for me. I didn't change anything from previous options when I used it to unlock and root 4.2.1. Just needed to update sdk and replaced the files with those of that zip provided in a previous post and proceeded to root as I did with 4.2.1.

I made the mistake of applying the 4.2.2 update to my rooted Nexus 7. Update went fine but I lost root so I tried using Wug's Root Toolkit to fix it.

I had a problem getting the drivers installed properly. I was using a USB cable from my Samsung Galaxy S III, didn't think it would matter. Once I switched to the Nexus 7 cable, it worked fine. For some reason I was also having a problem extracting the files to the toolkits/data directory and overwriting the old ones. I was using 7 zip and for some reason it wasn't working. I had to delete the originals and copy and paste the new ones.

Once I did that, it took just a few minutes to re-root without losing a thing. :eek:

Reactions: xfrancis14

ThurstonX

Oct 29, 2012
Version 1.6.3 is up now and the updater package is also live via the in-built updater. Enjoy!
(Updated changelog coming shortly)

{{ WugFresh }}
Hey, Wug,

I get a Hashcheck = Mismatch every time I let the updater do its thing. FWIW, previously I replaced the .exe & .dll files with the ones from your site. But I'm guessing that wouldn't cause this error.

sus4ntoh

Aug 13, 2012
Wug,

Are you updating the site? It is 1:10 PM PST on 02/24/2013 and the download links (include mirrors) are disabled.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FGjk3UTsOYMSzkx4KT3SZlCiruqY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FGDhJYE8.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FpzfGGfwJWl0dnds_9og1tODaVzU%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252Fq1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Hey, great work! Have you ever thought about making a mac or linux port? I'd really love to help you make one!

Email me: stevepink8@gmail.com
    For those of you who have 1.5.5 already, the 1.6.0 update package is officially live now. I am updating my site right now with new information and the full version.

I was able to do everything I set out to do in this release. Support for the Nexus 10, 4, new 3G Nexus 7. 4.2.0 support, and what I spent the most time on - a fully web backed system, that autograbs the latest files the toolkit needs, and populates everything from text files I maintain on the web, making keeping the toolkit updated with the latest files nearly instantaneous.

Lots more info coming. Enjoy ^_^

p.s. thank you all for your patience.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Working on it now. Been really busy though with another project though; https://capsules.io/ks.html

I will try my best to get the toolkit updated asap in my limited free time. There are some other changes/updates I need to integrate as well, but not too many. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

Coding went pretty smooth this round. v1.8.3 is up. (Yes, it supports 4.4.3)

Enjoy ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Ok, so my coding is going really well today. I really think I will be done tonight. Yay!

A word to the wise though; The program now uses Goo.im as the backend for everything because my host just couldn't handle it. They were nice enough to allocate me a large quantity of direct downloads (more than enough) through the program, but there is a daily cap; 30 per day per unique IP. That said, triggering a check for update, will register as a download because it downloads a small text file. So I recommend against checking for updates repeatedly today because your IP will get blocked and when the update is actually out later tonight you won't be able to use the updater, and will have to download the full version.

That said, the full version is going to be SIGNIFICANTLY smaller. The toolkit will now be entirely backed by an automated file list on the web. This means, the toolkit will only grab the files it needs. So if you only have a Gnex, it won't come with all the files for every single nexus device, but rather.. it will download them when you select that in the toolkit (if it doesn't detect them already in the local directory).

The device and build lists will now be populated from a text file that the toolkit can grab from the web. That means, in the future when a new build comes out, I can make it so the toolkit self updates within 20 minutes with everything it needs, and that build will be listed. Same goes for autoupdating CWM, TWRP, and SuperSU. The toolkit will therefore will always be up to date with the latest files. And I wont have to go crazy hard coding all of this like I have been.

Ok.. Back to coding for me. Thank you all for your patience. The slight delays in this release will ultimately speed up all future updates forever. ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}