HD2 has white screen, can't uninstall HSPL

Search This thread

ParmakSokan

Apr 15, 2012
Germania
Hi

I have a flashed HD2 with these problems.
In Bootloader it says
PB81100 SS-BC
SPL-208.HSPL 8G XE
0X05​
CotullaHSPL 0X50

If I try to install HTC RUU_Leo_S_HTC_GER_3.14.407.2_Radio_15.42.50.11U_2.15.50.14_LEO_S_Ship.exe it breaks after 1% it says 270 error
HD2 reboots and again white Screen. When I put off/on battery and press Volume down I see bootloader display.
I tried to flash with sd Card, leoimg.nbh on the sdcard breakes after 10%
it says
LEOIMG.nbh -FAIL
Radio-Fail

I think I have a bootloader problem. How can I remove SPL-2.08.HSPL 8G XE and set the new orginal SPL ?

here bepe says :
4) Uninstallation
Only way to remove the HSPL is to flash an original SPL from SD card.
- Take any "RUU_signed.nbh" from a ship ROM and copy it to SD card.
- Rename it to "leoimg.nbh"
- Reset the device while pressing the volume down button.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=611433
I made it with HTC
RUU_Leo_S_HTC_GER_3.14.407.2_Radio_15.42.50.11U_2.15.50.14_LEO_S_Ship.exe
but I can't remove HSPL from my bootloader.
How can I set my bootloader back to original htc ?

ParmakSokan

Apr 15, 2012
Germania
I had installd Windows 6.5 everthing was working perfect, then I tried to install Android and clk mod now I get the same in the 1. Posting from me.

I have SPL-3.03 HSPL in the boatloader but I get allways Error 270 I can't uninstall 3.03 HSPL

does anybody have an Idea?

Radio_2.15.50.14.nbh installation fails, but custom rom like energy sucesses. After that again white screen

Last edited:

samsamuel

Nov 19, 2006
samsamuel.co.uk
You have a stuck radio. Fairly common, with a variety of symptoms. The radio wont let itself be changed which is why custom roms and splashscreens don't have a problem.(radio gets flashed at the start of flashing which is why it always fails around 8-10%) This issue can affect spl to a greater or lesser degree, some people can change spl some can't, some find flashing an older (but correct for that phones cid and region) stock rom, some find chilling the phone allows the flash to take allowing the radio to finally change, some never get anything to flash again.

ParmakSokan

Apr 15, 2012
Germania
hi

thank you for your answer. My Bootloader shows
SPL-3.03.HSPL XE
0X05
0X50
if I try to run Task29 via USB Cable, I get Error 270, it breaks sometimes at 16%
reflash 3.03 HSPL with HSPL 4 says it is successfull, but if I try to flash a rom with usb again it shows 270 Error, so my logical deduction is, reflash with HSPL4 does not really flash and it gives wrong answer because others like task28 leo customRUU can't flash over usb cable. HSPL 4 says success but this answer must be fake, after reboot 3.03HSPL remains in the bootloader, I tried to downgrade to 2.08HSPL no chance,
My System is Windows XP SP3 when I connect USB Cable to my HD2 it shows USB in the bootloader but why does it break if I try to flash over USB Cable and give an error 270 ? there must be a connection problem between my laptop and HD2.
I would like to know
Is there any way to flash HSPL4 over microSD card?
Can I see which Radio Rom has been installed ?

ParmakSokan

Apr 15, 2012
Germania
its a bit strange
Radio Rom Radio_2.15.50.14 istallation via USB Cable fails after 4%
and via microSD Card ~96-99%
I get

what can be the reason?

Last edited:

samsamuel

Nov 19, 2006
samsamuel.co.uk
what can be the reason?

as i said,. you have a radio image that isnt allowing itself to be overwritten. My name for it is 'stuck radio' and some people fgind the radio still works fine with, for example, custom roms, it just cant be changed, others find the phone always hangs on grey bootscreen, yet more find taht hspol/spl flashes seem to work but nothing changes, some find chilling it in teh freezer lets a rom flash and suddenly all is well, and yet more find the freezer trick seems to work but doesnt, and yet more try and try and try to sd card flash with their CORRECT stock rom and suddenly without warning teh flash works.

My advcie, Prepare yourself for disappointment, but keep trying,and most importantly READING there are hundreds of threads about this.