Boot Certification Verify?

Search This thread

wolverine73

Dec 11, 2010
Poole
Hi guys, need some help deperately please.

I've got an LG G2 D802 that has received the OTA update to 4.4 and is running fine.

I've since rooted it and i was looking at installing a custom recovery before flashing a new Rom......

I have tried to use Flashify after downloading TWRP recovery through Flashify but after rebooting it comes up with the following in the top left of a black screen;

Error: Boot Certification Verify
810 - secure booting error
860 - cause: boot certification verify

Then the screen goes off, ive left the phone and tried to reboot by just holding down the power button for 10 seconds but on boot i just get the same message then it dissapears and i get a black screen again :(

Any help or pointers would be great - thanks in advance

wolverine73

Dec 11, 2010
Poole
Try going to download mode and flash your kdz.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thankyou for the reply - Any chance you could link or give me a quick tutorial on how to do this please?

I've connected the lg g2 up to my pc via usb and held down volume up and power to get into download mode - i get the screen on the lg with 'Firmware Update' on it and a bar with 0% on it and writing that says "DO not unplug the USB connection until the process is complete.

I've located the kdz for my particular device/model and downloaded it on my pc - how do i flash to my phone from here please - simple step by step instructions would be great thanks!

wolverine73

Dec 11, 2010
Poole
Thank to the thread OP where all the infos are :)

Have done!

Well ive tried to root again using ioroot 25 like i did initially but my phone doesnt like it at all :(
I get the little green android with the spinning thing on him but it doesnt go any further than that when i run the Windows Batch File - so going to do the whole process again - frustrating to say the least :/

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Have done!

Well ive tried to root again using ioroot 25 like i did initially but my phone doesnt like it at all :(
I get the little green android with the spinning thing on him but it doesnt go any further than that when i run the Windows Batch File - so going to do the whole process again - frustrating to say the least :/

If you've just flashed the KDZ, do a factory reset instead of just booting to android. (hold volume down + power until you see the lg logo, release for a moment and continue holding the 2 buttons untill the factory reset appears). If you're on the new base with knock on and the ioroot issues the reboot to recovery command it has the same effect, your data is cleared. You have to retry the rooting process (the second time it should work).

wolverine73

Dec 11, 2010
Poole
If you've just flashed the KDZ, do a factory reset instead of just booting to android. (hold volume down + power until you see the lg logo, release for a moment and continue holding the 2 buttons untill the factory reset appears). If you're on the new base with knock on and the ioroot issues the reboot to recovery command it has the same effect, your data is cleared. You have to retry the rooting process (the second time it should work).

I've finally sorted it out now - on the first flash of the kdz my phone pretty much remained the same, it bought it back to life and it wasnt reset at all and i couldnt root it.

On the second flash of the kdz my phone went through the whole set up process again (enter google account, language etc) and i managed to root easily after that.

It's put me off installing a custom recovery now though :( Ive expereince with the htc one x, dell streak, zte blade ...... all fine but with this im worried about getting a recovery installed incase i mess up again!

I know there is TWRP recovery and Philz recovery available but using flashify was what got me into this mess - do you suggest i use the usb cable and connect to my pc and install a recovery that way?

Side note - ive downloaded TWRP and Phils recoveries but none of them have a Windows Batch File to run hence me using Flashify - ive put the question on both of those threads aswell - where is the BAT command to run?

Thanks for your help :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use autorec m8. First root, second download autorec and click flash. Done