[Q] Unlock Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 4.3

Search This thread

337Manni

Mar 3, 2012
Hi all.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 currently locked on the T-Mobile UK (Now EE) Network.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model Number : GT-I9300
Android Version : 4.3
Baseband Version : I9300BVUGNB2
Kernal Version : 3.0.31-2372379 dpi@DELL145 # 1 Mon Feb 17 22:21:57 KST 2014
Build Number : JSS15J.I9300XXUGNB5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking to unlock the sim so I can use a different carrier.

This is what I've tried so far....

I have sucessfully Rooted my phone

I have SuperSU, CWM Rom Manager, CWM Recovery, BusyBox Free.

I have tried GalaxSim Unlock and it identifies my IMEI Number and reports that Network Lock, Subset Network Lock, SP Lock, CP Lock & Data Lock are all unlocked & States that "Your Device Is Unlocked", however I'm still locked to T-Mobile.

After reading here on xda I believe this is because of the EFS v2 ???

Is there any way to SIM unlock this at the moment without going through T-Mobile?
Is there another way round this?
Can I down grade EFS? (I don't have any backups)
Happy to use a custom ROM or what ever is needed in order to do this.

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards,

Lee

Last edited:

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Hi all.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 currently locked on the T-Mobile UK (Now EE) Network.
Model Number : GT-I9300
Android Version : 4.3
Baseband Version : I9300BVUGNB2
Kernal Version : 3.0.31-2372379 dpi@DELL145 # 1 Mon Feb 17 22:21:57 KST 2014
Build Number : JSS15J.I9300XXUGNB5

I'm looking to unlock the sim so I can use a different carrier.

This is what I've tried so far....

I have sucessfully Rooted my phone

I have SuperSU, CWM Rom Manager, CWM Recovery, BusyBox Free.

I have tried GalaxSim Unlock and it identifies my IMEI Number and reports that Network Lock, Subset Network Lock, SP Lock, CP Lock & Data Lock are all unlocked & States that "Your Device Is Unlocked", however I'm still locked to T-Mobile.

After reading here on xda I believe this is because of the EFS v2 ???

Is there any way to SIM unlock this at the moment without going through T-Mobile?
Is there another way round this?
Can I down grade EFS? (I don't have any backups)
Happy to use a custom ROM or what ever is needed in order to do this.

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards,

Lee

Not possible I'm afraid only paid code will work on 4.3 and there is no such thing as downgrade efs.But whatever you do I would recommend backing up your efs asap.

337Manni

Mar 3, 2012
Not possible I'm afraid only paid code will work on 4.3 and there is no such thing as downgrade efs.But whatever you do I would recommend backing up your efs asap.

Thanks for your reply.

Whats the best way to backup my EFS? Have you a link to a how too?

If I purchase the unlock code from T-Mobile / EE and use it to unlock my carrier if I then decide to go and install a custom ROM / mess with my phone, would this affect the sim unlock? I just want to make sure that once it's unlocked thats it, forever...

Thanks again!

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Software

I unlocked my device in these steps:
1. Download a firmware version from Sammobile of your country
2. Search a version from your country with no Branding
3. Dowload it and Odini
4. Flash through Download Mode

Worked for me.. :)

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
I unlocked my device in these steps:
1. Download a firmware version from Sammobile of your country
2. Search a version from your country with no Branding
3. Dowload it and Odini
4. Flash through Download Mode

Worked for me.. :)

Mmm.. If it was that easy everybody would be doing it perhaps you where not fully sim locked also as far as I know 4.3 can't be unlocked even Galaxy sim unlock dev say's if you are on efsv2 that it is not possible to unlock at the moment without code.

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Don't know

Mmm.. If it was that easy everybody would be doing it perhaps you where not fully sim locked also as far as I know 4.3 can't be unlocked even Galaxy sim unlock dev say's if you are on efsv2 that it is not possible to unlock at the moment without code.

I meant my phone was locked. And after some custom ROMs and rooting, go back to stock and so on, my phone wasn't locked anymore. Maybe I've done something I didn't know anymore :confused:

wetfoot

Jul 31, 2012
So for unlocking where is a reputable place to get a code? (can I just take it to a market stall?)

I have a i9300 locked to UK Orange and I need to get it unlocked.

Responses from seasoned forum members especially appreciated!

Info:

Android version 4.3

Baseband: I9300BVUGNB2

Kernel Version: 3.0.31-2372379
dpi@DELL145#1
Mon Feb 17 22:21:57 KST 2014

Build Number: JSS15J.19300XXUGNB5

Last edited:

337Manni

Mar 3, 2012
I've purchased the unlock code form T-Mobile. Currently waiting on there upto 20 days.....

Still wish I didn't have to do this as it's just a bullying tactic to try to force you to renew a contract or go PAYG with them. I completely disagree with this type of mentality of a company.

Thanks for your help everyone.

jonners59

Oct 4, 2010
London
Unlock Orange UK S3 i9300

So for unlocking where is a reputable place to get a code? (can I just take it to a market stall?)

I have a i9300 locked to UK Orange and I need to get it unlocked.

Responses from seasoned forum members especially appreciated!

Info:

Android version 4.3

Baseband: I9300BVUGNB2

Kernel Version: 3.0.31-2372379
dpi@DELL145#1
Mon Feb 17 22:21:57 KST 2014

Build Number: JSS15J.19300XXUGNB5
Wetfoot
I have the same issue. Built a S3 i9300 out of bits n bobs and bought just a motherboard on line, which was/is locked to Orange UK, just like you want to unlock it and am having no joy. Nothing works. Installed a stock orange rom, that didn't work either.

Did you get this sorted and how?

abed1362

Feb 16, 2021
Thanks for your reply.

Whats the best way to backup my EFS? Have you a link to a how too?

If I purchase the unlock code from T-Mobile / EE and use it to unlock my carrier if I then decide to go and install a custom ROM / mess with my phone, would this affect the sim unlock? I just want to make sure that once it's unlocked thats it, forever...

Thanks again!

Top Liked Posts