USB Desktop Sync Cradle

Search This thread

sibar

Jul 1, 2006
Bought one - does charging fine for me - don't use it for syncing.

Cons - getting to buttons isn't the easiest when it's docked. It's a bit "fancy" and takes up a fair bit of space on the desk.

Pros - fairly cheap for a dock at the moment. If you feel like a bit of DIY you can remove the black docking section and wiring and put in a smaller stand bit. Next month's job for me.

gordesky1

Jan 21, 2011
Hmm gonna need too get me one of those docks:) Hate keep unplugging the usb plug and plugging it in the wall outlet adapter every time i want too charge than back too the computer when i want too sync..

Even tho it charges threw usb on my computer but very slow...

cbb77

Nov 28, 2010
Massachusetts
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8T
Hmm gonna need too get me one of those docks:) Hate keep unplugging the usb plug and plugging it in the wall outlet adapter every time i want too charge than back too the computer when i want too sync..

Even tho it charges threw usb on my computer but very slow...

This is bugging me too. I was actually thinking of picking this up so that it would allow me to switch at the press of a button.

http://www.cyberguys.com/product-details/?productid=15646#page=page-1

Anyone think of a reason this would not work?

Rozenthal

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 2, 2008
This is bugging me too. I was actually thinking of picking this up so that it would allow me to switch at the press of a button.

http://www.cyberguys.com/product-details/?productid=15646#page=page-1

Anyone think of a reason this would not work?

It will probably work, but you'll have same results (charging wise) as on normal USB. Without original Samsung cable, the tab will always open the USB connection window.

BTW; the tab will charge on any USB, even on your computer USB, only thing is it will charge slower. Also, it will state that the battery is not charging, but it will charge just fine anyways.

You may not be able to charge enough to keep the batter at 100% if you're doing some heavy processing on the Tab, but it will prolong the battery life.

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
You could make one of these for one side of the switch and then it'll switch the Tab to fast-charge. If you have it plugged into a 1A or greater power source, it should charge faster than just the standard usb trickle.

Or if you're feeling adventurous, just open that switch up and put the resistors inline on one of the usb ports itself.

cbb77

Nov 28, 2010
Massachusetts
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8T
It will probably work, but you'll have same results (charging wise) as on normal USB. Without original Samsung cable, the tab will always open the USB connection window.

BTW; the tab will charge on any USB, even on your computer USB, only thing is it will charge slower. Also, it will state that the battery is not charging, but it will charge just fine anyways.

You may not be able to charge enough to keep the batter at 100% if you're doing some heavy processing on the Tab, but it will prolong the battery life.

I can charge the tab fine via my pc; although as you mentioned it indeed is much slower rate. I hate having to unplug from computer to power adapter when I want to get a full charge quickly; thus the switchbox idea.

I actually went ahead and order one, although different one from what I listed above. It was only $13 shipped so I figured I'd give it a shot. Also picked up a universal dock / stand. I'll post back how well it works and picts when I get it.

raggedrebel92

Feb 6, 2011
What about this one?

Whats your thoughts on this dock/cradle/charger?

...Cant Post link soo....

Or ebay Item number: 290531506105

I like it, but want to know if anyone has any previous experience.