[CONCEPT] The NAK Thread ...

Search This thread

psikopathe

Jan 9, 2010
Hi, I'm back ... I start this new thread to expose my concepts about phones, I'm not a professional but I try to imagine some original devices with some originals spcecifications ...
All your comments (good or bad) are welcome ...

I'm usually inspired by HTC and my latest concept is one of them ...
The entire concept and the others are here --> NAK PHONE DESIGN

[NEW] 3 March 2011 --> Second part of the concept, the TUBE TABLET (2nd post) ...

[NEW] 21 April 2011 --> Third part of the concept, the STICK PHONE and the TUBE LAPTOP (3rd post) ...

Last edited:

psikopathe

Jan 9, 2010
Hi, here is the third part of my HTC TUBE Concept (and the last) ...

Here's the HTC STICK PHONE for the TUBE Tablet ...

and the HTC TUBE Laptop ...

Last edited:

iDroidFan

Feb 11, 2011
New York
Interesting concept but why make the whole cartridge thing? I don't think many people will be swapping out the internals of their phone often enough to justify it.

missparker76

Dec 7, 2008
Paris
I had already seen pictures of the concept and find it gorgeous :)
I wouldn't be interested by the multiple cartridges (I had already the dual boot on my former HD2 and for my daily use I don't see the point in sticking with more than 1 OS. It's cool for testing but otherwise ...Just my opinion ;)).

Step666

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Interesting concept but why make the whole cartridge thing? I don't think many people will be swapping out the internals of their phone often enough to justify it.
I have to agree with this point.
I just don't see the concept clicking with what customers want.

The only possible advantage IMO would be that if you dropped your phone and damaged the casing or screen, you could quickly and easily replace it yourself but beyond that, it doesn't seem like practical concept.

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
I would love a cartridge based phone that would let me have multiple ROMs loaded onto the cartridges, and switch OS by rebooting with another one.

Not for everyday use, but rather for developing :)

psikopathe

Jan 9, 2010
For the interest of the cartridge, more than the choice of the hardware level (and of the price !!!...), you will see soon the part 2 of this concept ... In next few days ...

rTiGd2

Nov 9, 2010
Bristol
tigster.net
What if the concept was beyond just the cartridge though? After all, a smaller cartridge footprint could enable you to have the internals in different housings. For example, a much smaller housing for a more discrete phone, say for going out in the evening, when you don't want the bulk but still want all your 'stuff'?

Or a rugged housing for sports/camping/mountain biking/etc?

Or perhaps an in-vehicle version where you just slot the thing into a console in the vehicle, rather than the phone into a cradle?

Finally, you could have an at home/office version where you slot it into a small footprint dock that has higher spec hardware but still uses the data and applications on the device.

I personally can see far more uses for the internals in other housings idea rather than the single housing, multiple internals. That said, both would work together as you can use any internal module in any housing..

strangey666

Apr 24, 2007
From a manufacturer's point of view this *could* work. One standard screen/housing/connections with multiple options of different phones "internals".

Interesting idea.

Jade Eyed Wolf

Nov 4, 2010
Arlington Virginia
What if the concept was beyond just the cartridge though? After all, a smaller cartridge footprint could enable you to have the internals in different housings. For example, a much smaller housing for a more discrete phone, say for going out in the evening, when you don't want the bulk but still want all your 'stuff'?

Or a rugged housing for sports/camping/mountain biking/etc?

Or perhaps an in-vehicle version where you just slot the thing into a console in the vehicle, rather than the phone into a cradle?

Finally, you could have an at home/office version where you slot it into a small footprint dock that has higher spec hardware but still uses the data and applications on the device.

I personally can see far more uses for the internals in other housings idea rather than the single housing, multiple internals. That said, both would work together as you can use any internal module in any housing..

I agree with this point completely. I'm actually already sorta doing this type of thing by swapping my SIM card to and from my Galaxy Tab and my Galaxy S. I'll usually bring my Tab with me to work, but use my Galaxy S for when I'm traveling light and hanging out with friends etc.

It would be even cooler though if my semi-internal hardware cartridge could remain powered on while I hot-swap it from my phone to my tablet to my desktop dock or car dock etc etc. THAT would be super cool, and practical. Kinda like what Motorola is trying to do with the Atrix, but maybe in a more elegant manner.

SwiftLegend

Apr 1, 2010
I have to agree with this point.
I just don't see the concept clicking with what customers want.

The only possible advantage IMO would be that if you dropped your phone and damaged the casing or screen, you could quickly and easily replace it yourself but beyond that, it doesn't seem like practical concept.
It's more practical and cost efficient if you think about it. This is a really slick and just awesome design, but what if you hardly use your phone? You aren't going to need a 1.5 Dual Core processor with a 12 MP camera, you may just want the starter pack.
Then people don't have to pay for a high end phone with features they aren't going to use. It's actually really smart and practical....I like it.

You need to send this to HTC, go to the manufacturing plant, and start building this phone!

EDIT: I just went on your site, and you really need to send these ideas to HTC or something. You have some really nice ideas, designs, and talent..I'd seriously buy all of these phones.

Last edited:

sknnypete

Feb 18, 2008
Tampa
I had already seen pictures of the concept and find it gorgeous :)
I wouldn't be interested by the multiple cartridges (I had already the dual boot on my former HD2 and for my daily use I don't see the point in sticking with more than 1 OS. It's cool for testing but otherwise ...Just my opinion ;)).

Valid Point, I dont why you would want all the confusion, Not to kill your concept NAK but at least a 32GB also 4G should be available on all model. that just me!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I'm back ... I start this new thread to expose my concepts about phones, I'm not a professional but I try to imagine some original devices with some originals spcecifications ...
    All your comments (good or bad) are welcome ...

I'm usually inspired by HTC and my latest concept is one of them ...

[NEW] 3 March 2011 --> Second part of the concept, the TUBE TABLET (2nd post) ...

[NEW] 21 April 2011 --> Third part of the concept, the STICK PHONE and the TUBE LAPTOP (3rd post) ...

Hi, here is the second part of my HTC TUBE Concept ...