[LIST CLOSED (for now)] Group XTC Clip buy?

Search This thread

mattwood2000

May 4, 2010
OK, in the spirit of what ACD168 started, would anyone be interested in going in on an XTC clip? I would have rather waited for Alpharev, but I'm going over seas in a few weeks and want to unlock the SIM on my company DINC2 so I can call the wife and kids with my own card which only the XTC clip can do.

So...I'm going to buy an XTC clip regardless, but I figure if a bunch of folks want in it can benefit more than one person.

I'll front the money on a regular XTC clip (not pay as you go) - I'm looking for 10 people (makes math easy after a rockin 4th of July party weekend), but I would take whatever number of people want in.

With the current Euro exchange rate it would be about $14 each which is cheaper than the Pay as you Go credit.

And as ACD168 alluded to - karma is a *****; it will mess with you if you mess with it. This is an honor system!

What do you all think?

Mods, if you feel like this post is out of line just delete it.

Thanks, Matt.

*Edit* - below is the current list of folks and the order of shipping - first come first serve. If anyone wants to back out just let me know and I'll update the list.

1. cadon69
2. efaden
3. bradleyz
4. jesand83
5. balaams_ass
6. rm2011
7. jshute
8. THATTON
9. shoman24v

Last edited:

cadon69

Dec 17, 2009
I am down to go in on it, you can hit me up here or at cadon69 @ gmail.com. Let me know.

mattwood2000

May 4, 2010
Ok - 1 down. Any more takers?

Just put in the order now, so hopefully I'll receive it before I have to leave!!

lstarr

Oct 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
if geography isn't a factor and there is a "for dummies" tut. on how to....I'm down!

sent from my Inc 2 using xda premium app

mattwood2000

May 4, 2010
From what I understand its pretty easy windows software...kind of like Unrevoked 1-click root if you had an Inc1.

The way I see it geography isn't an issue...we'll just ship it to each other which shouldn't be very expensive.

bucwylde23

May 21, 2010
I think I'm in, $14 isn't too bad at all. I'll have to look up what exactly it does.

If it's as easy as unrevoked on the inc1, it can't get any easier.

Once you run this, it's S-OFF and rooted?

cadon69

Dec 17, 2009
From what I understand its pretty easy windows software...kind of like Unrevoked 1-click root if you had an Inc1.

The way I see it geography isn't an issue...we'll just ship it to each other which shouldn't be very expensive.

I can send it out from my work after I use it with Fed Ex Over Night for free. So I know geography (as long as in ConUS) is not an issue from me to next person.

mattwood2000

May 4, 2010
Once you run this your phone is S-Off, and completely SIM unlocked. It doesn't install the su apk or any custom hboot, recovery, etc. However this has already been put together by jcase, so you would just flash a new recovery/hboot and your off an running and ready to install a new ROM.

looks like there are 4 interested so far. Like I said I already ordered the clip so as soon as I get it i'll just send it out to cadon69 who can send it to Istarr, etc.

Paypal for the $14...but I'll get that info out later after there is enough interest

bik2101

Feb 14, 2011
just my luck.. hours after i purchase a pay as you go from ebay, these threads come up.. :(

spizzo03

Feb 28, 2007
New York
I'm interested. Sign me up and let me know how we'll get you the $14 and how we go about tracking the usage and sending from one person to the next.

Sent from my ADR6350

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
derp wont do taht again, dont msg please ppl too many

OK, in the spirit of what ACD168 started, would anyone be interested in going in on an XTC clip? I would have rather waited for Alpharev, but I'm going over seas in a few weeks and want to unlock the SIM on my company DINC2 so I can call the wife and kids with my own card which only the XTC clip can do.

So...I'm going to buy an XTC clip regardless, but I figure if a bunch of folks want in it can benefit more than one person.

I'll front the money on a regular XTC clip (not pay as you go) - I'm looking for 10 people (makes math easy after a rockin 4th of July party weekend), but I would take whatever number of people want in.

With the current Euro exchange rate it would be about $14 each which is cheaper than the Pay as you Go credit.

And as ACD168 alluded to - karma is a *****; it will mess with you if you mess with it. This is an honor system!

What do you all think?

Mods, if you feel like this post is out of line just delete it.

Thanks, Matt.

*Edit* - below is the current list of folks and the order of shipping - first come first serve. If anyone wants to back out just let me know and I'll update the list.

1. cadon69
2. Istarr
3. bucwylde23
4. efaden
5. spizzo03
6. bradleyz

Last edited:

balaams_ass

Dec 9, 2007
Syracuse
Google Pixel 6 Pro
While I'm sure that the day I post my payment to this endevour Alpharev will release Duke Nuke Em uhh err sorry... will release their unlock tool I'll still pony up the $14 just to help a brother in pain.

TLDNR; Yeah sighn me up as well.

allen2oo3

Aug 23, 2007
SD/OC, CA
I'm 100% in as long as there's a tutorial on how to use it. I have no problem fronting the money for mine if that makes life easier for op

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another thing to note since this is a Group xtc-clip is the fact that the cable can easily get damaged by putting it in and pulling it out of the part that connects it to the clip. So be careful when removing it from the clip.

If it doesn't work that would be the second thing to check, the first would be to check that you have the cable in correctly (in the clip and into the sim slot).

That's the only thing I dislike about the clip. The cable is not easy to remove from it. I'll post a pic of a damaged one, give me a minute.

Please take a close look at the pics attached:
    1. Eng sim cable: The one to the right is damaged.
    2. The two things your going to need that doesn't come w/ the clip package (9 volt battery and mini USB cable).
    3. The way the eng sim cable should be inserted into the device.
    4. The way the eng sim cable should be inserted into the clip (make sure its pushed all the way in). I just wanted to show the correct way to insert it.
    I think paying to ship it on is easier....

Good enough...I'll update everyone when I get the shipping info.

Thanks guys, this is how things should get done!!
    Wish this got going a bit earlier. I leave for Amsterdam the 15th and would have liked to use my Incredible 2 there. (Along with wireless tether)

If you only need to SIM unlock your phone you can do that by getting the unlock code from Verizon. Wireless tether should be doable with temproot assuming you have a PC around.
    Anyone know if the "Goldcard" needs to be created for the Vivo_w? If so, should it be the SDCard that will remain installed in the phone or is it just used to unlocking purposes only?

Yes you need to create a goldcard and the sdcard is only used for unlocking but, its recommended you use the sdcard that came with the device for creating the goldcard.

Note: Creating a goldcard with the xtc-clip will delete everything on the sdcard, so back it up.
    Is this like a machine to make a gold card for dummies? Just go to the G1 section and there are full instructions to make a gold card. Please explain. Thanks

No, it loads a diagnostic image onto the sdcard after making it a goldcard, then it emulates an engineering sim in order to load the diag img.