[Q] x99 GB rom change EPST settings

Search This thread

BiohazardX2

Oct 9, 2011
Hi! I am in need of some helpful guidance.

Here is what I have done to the Shift

hboot downgraded 2.2, permrooted with s-off, flashed x99 GB rom, flashed new radio 2.76.651.4

Everything works EXCEPT I cannot get into EPST settings by dialing ##3282#

This started happening after I flashed the X99 rom.

I have tried almost every combo I can find on the internet. When i got into system I can see the epst.apk but I have no way to access it.

I need to change some numbers in it for youtube to work on cricket and until I do unless I am on WiFi youtube wont work.

Any ideas anyone? This would help alot more people than me Im sure!

turkbot

Sep 4, 2011
owosso
Well that 2.76# is the software number not the radio, maybe try and redo the radio and make sure it is for the shift brick if its not

One by One the penguins steal my SANITY

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Hi! I am in need of some helpful guidance.

Here is what I have done to the Shift

hboot downgraded 2.2, permrooted with s-off, flashed x99 GB rom, flashed new radio 2.76.651.4

Everything works EXCEPT I cannot get into EPST settings by dialing ##3282#

This started happening after I flashed the X99 rom.

I have tried almost every combo I can find on the internet. When i got into system I can see the epst.apk but I have no way to access it.

I need to change some numbers in it for youtube to work on cricket and until I do unless I am on WiFi youtube wont work.

Any ideas anyone? This would help alot more people than me Im sure!

When you say you flashed the new "Radio" , you got it from the site here correct? Just want to be sure you didn't accept an OTA. What exactly happens when you dial ##3282# ? Does it act like it's going then stop? Does it do nothing at all? Or does it ask you for another number?

TEAM MiK
Mik Roms Since 3/13/11

Last edited:

BiohazardX2

Oct 9, 2011
I dial ##3282# and it stays on the dialer screen and acts like its about to switch but never does and I cant dial or touch the screen unless i press back.

I flashed the radio for version 2.76.651.4 (i think its 1.8 or something for radio version). This started before I flashed that though. Only after the rom change this started.

Is there any way to modify the epst.apk manually on my computer? I just need to zero out a few lines of code to get youtube to work.

sparksco i will try the my work in your sig when i get home from work...

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
I dial ##3282# and it stays on the dialer screen and acts like its about to switch but never does and I cant dial or touch the screen unless i press back.

I flashed the radio for version 2.76.651.4 (i think its 1.8 or something for radio version). This started before I flashed that though. Only after the rom change this started.

Is there any way to modify the epst.apk manually on my computer? I just need to zero out a few lines of code to get youtube to work.

sparksco i will try the my work in your sig when i get home from work...

You can try the ESPT that I've attached below. It should work for you :) .

Attachments

• EPST.apk
    240.4 KB · Views: 54

BiohazardX2

Oct 9, 2011
prboy1969 - dude you #$%^ing ROCK!!!! I havent had youtube for a week!!!
downloaded -> installed -> ran -> good to go

THANK YOU

---------

BY THE WAY :) Does anyone know what the latest compatible ROOTED radio version for the shift is? i get really bad signal in good service areas for voice. (and its not the prl). Im running:

X99 Gingerbread Perm Rooted 2.3.3 S-OFF
Sense 2.1
Radio 1.07.001129
SW Ver 2.76.651.4
Cricket $45 (YEAH BABY)

Reactions: sparksco

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
No it will not break root. Just be sure to read, and follow the instructions in the OP. There is also a link to a video in the OP.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Last edited:

BiohazardX2

Oct 9, 2011
well youtube wasnt actually working (didnt notice wifi was turned on :( ) but you still got the epst.apk to work so kudos. i will figure out what im doing wrong later.

i do not see a thanks button or else i would have... it may be because im new or something so it wont let me til i make more posts :rolleyes:

just flashed that radio and i get 2 more bars then i normally do in the basement :)

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
well youtube wasnt actually working (didnt notice wifi was turned on :( ) but you still got the epst.apk to work so kudos. i will figure out what im doing wrong later.

i do not see a thanks button or else i would have... it may be because im new or something so it wont let me til i make more posts :rolleyes:

just flashed that radio and i get 2 more bars then i normally do in the basement :)

Glad the Radio to hear the flashing the new Radio helped :) . If you want you can try this link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=922978
It should help with the 3G speeds. I use the mod from the link, and it does definately helps download / upload speeds. The Thanks button if your on the PC is to the right bottom of the post. If your on your phone tap the screen on the post, and a menu should pop up. Or you can hit the menu button and the option might be there ;)

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Last edited:
Reactions: BiohazardX2

BiohazardX2

Oct 9, 2011
Lol i found out why i couldnt see it... i wasnt staying signed in for some reason. I am on Cricket and not sprint by the way. I used that fix on 2.2 but it doesnt seem to work for 2.3... thinking about switching roms but i dont know which would be best for Cricket

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
It should work for GB 2.3 :confused: . As for Roms pretty much any you want will work for you. I would suggest MikShifted G v2.0 , Supreme Sense v9.1 , or MikRunny RC :) .

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    prboy1969 - dude you #$%^ing ROCK!!!! I havent had youtube for a week!!!
    downloaded -> installed -> ran -> good to go

THANK YOU

---------

BY THE WAY :) Does anyone know what the latest compatible ROOTED radio version for the shift is? i get really bad signal in good service areas for voice. (and its not the prl). Im running:

X99 Gingerbread Perm Rooted 2.3.3 S-OFF
    Sense 2.1
    Radio 1.07.001129
    SW Ver 2.76.651.4
    Cricket $45 (YEAH BABY)

Glad the Radio to hear the flashing the new Radio helped :) . If you want you can try this link:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=922978
    It should help with the 3G speeds. I use the mod from the link, and it does definately helps download / upload speeds. The Thanks button if your on the PC is to the right bottom of the post. If your on your phone tap the screen on the post, and a menu should pop up. Or you can hit the menu button and the option might be there ;)

TEAM MiK
    MikROMs Since 3/13/11