[APP] Smart Screen Off 2.3

Search This thread

Hamletiano

Nov 7, 2011
Update:

The user guide is now live.

Download Smart screen off PRO User Guide

If you want to give your contribute translating the guide and the app too, please contact me at ddeleted[at]gmail.com

Found translators for:
-Italian
-Danish
-Spanish

Hey guys,

The spanish translation has been already done (app + user guide) and tested. Everything should be alright. Is there anybody else who would like to help in translating the app into another language? It did not take me a lot of time, c´mon let´s give a hand to Ddeleted for this brilliant app.

Thanks in advance.

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
What's in this version:

Code:
[1.6]
App translated in:
Italian
English
Spanish
Danish

Added User guide button

A minor bug fix

dismaljester

Apr 3, 2011
Newton, NC
This app is prefect for me since I hit my power button sometime when my phone is in my pocket. The only suggestion I have is when using "Do not screen On after screen Off (Beta)" the screen won't turn back on when I'm in a call unless I hit the power button. Maybe ad an option to have screen on/off to work normally while in a call when this is active.

I know my description isn't the best, I hope you can figure out what I mean.

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
This is true. I will see if possible to disable the app during a call. Thanks for the feedback.

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
Last edited:

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
Code:
[1.8] 

Added "Enable power saving mode" (Timer Delay and Light Sensor Combo must be enabled)

Pkt_Lnt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
Downloaded the Lite version from Play, works fine.

Tried to get the Pro version, I cannot have it.

Attachments

• screenshot-1332783810624.png
    screenshot-1332783810624.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 380

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
Code:
[1.9] Added "Show Digital Clock on screen on"   
        Minor Bug fixes
        Now is faster when enabling/disabling it from app icon

Domesticus

Sep 13, 2009
Add exception - Can it be done?

From all the auto screen off and on apps I have tried so far this one suited me the best.:)
There only one drawback though, due to my personal use of the phone. I like to use cyberon voice in order to make calls, which I activate through my BT headset button. So when I have Smart Screen off running (with screen already off in my pocket) and I try to activate cyberon voice, the screen turns on for a while and almost instantly goes off again (due to the app) thus closing the cyberon as well :(. I tried the time delay but it doesn't seem to work in this case :confused: (with the flip cover already closed). I don't know if something can be done (like having the possibility to add an exception for some programs for example ... or any other solution).

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
From all the auto screen off and on apps I have tried so far this one suited me the best.:)
There only one drawback though, due to my personal use of the phone. I like to use cyberon voice in order to make calls, which I activate through my BT headset button. So when I have Smart Screen off running (with screen already off in my pocket) and I try to activate cyberon voice, the screen turns on for a while and almost instantly goes off again (due to the app) thus closing the cyberon as well :(. I tried the time delay but it doesn't seem to work in this case :confused: (with the flip cover already closed). I don't know if something can be done (like having the possibility to add an exception for some programs for example ... or any other solution).

It would be possible to add app exceptions, but it would insanely drain battery. This is because the app should check every X milliseconds if another app is running. I take care about battery usage and with my app is really minimum (there are few people who complain about it:confused::confused: ), so if i'd add such a feature, they will probably come here and kill me :)

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
Code:
[2.0]Added "set vibrate mode on screen off"
Set ring to vibrate mode only if sensor is covered
Vibrates only if the sensor is covered
Bug Fix (with timerdelay + landscape)
Added chinese translation

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [UPDATE]
    Hi guys, after my account was banned from Play Store, I decided to move all apps on Amazon App Shop for free. :good:
    Here you can download last version of Smart Screen OFF PRO.

Smart Screen OFF PRO
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014TKA9VQ

I'll add other apps I developed in the next few weeks.

Download Smart screen off PRO User Guide

DESCRIPTION
    Smart Screen Off it's a simple and light app which uses the Proximity Sensor built in your Android smartphone to turn the screen off and on automatically

REASON

I decided to code this app when I bought my Galaxy Nexus: this device doesn't have any physical button on the front screen. Being a quite huge phone, it's quite difficult to press the "turn off" button every time I wanted to turn it off and on. So I needed a way to turn the screen off every time I put it into the pockets and off when removed.

HOW IT WORKS

The app itself is a toggle button, to switch it on just press the App Icon. Then every time you put the phone into your pockets the screen turns off.

If you put the smartphone upside down on the table, the screen turns automatically off.

NOTE: It doesn't lock the screen (just like in a call)

REQUIREMENTS

In order to use Smart Screen Off, you need to have a phone with Proximity Sensor (nowadays every smartphone incorporates one).
    I use LG p990.

Is there possible to turn off wifi with that app?

What would be the goal of turning off wifi with an app like mine?

Nice idea for an app!

Just downloaded the LITE version and tried in on my Galaxy nexus, encounter an issue in the first 30seconds, it cause my phone to reboot when i disable it??!
    This is really strange, since I didn't encounter this issue on my Galaxy Nexus (the device i test it hardly on). Maybe there's an incompatibility with another app who have installed and works in background.

Thanks for this nice app, tested the lite version.
    Few observations:

a) Observed very very low or no impact on battery. Great.
    b) Not consistent! Though show in notification, and in on position, suddenly stops working! I mean screen will not go off or come on! Need to again start and stop for it to resume working!

It will be great if you can fix this on consistency please. This may be because of opening 2-3 heavy apps like market and browser the Smart screen is getting killed in background?

Yes I think is because the service has been killed because of low memory. I'll try to implement a service who can't be killed in future versions!

Can you add function for light sensor as well?

Sent from my Acer Iconia A500 using Tapatalk
    I'll quote what I answered to another user:

The Proximity Sensor works in binary mode, 1 or 0, on or off, without any intermediate values. Someone told me it the range can be changed if you modify build.prop file with root access. But this is not what I want. I would like everyone can use my app, with or without root.
    So I'm trying to implement a combination with light sensor. The only problem is that the light sensor built in Android phone are not the best sensor on the market and every device has different sensos. In other words, in low light conditions this could not work as expected. I'm working on this at the moment
    well mates. seems me nor my brother can uninstall the app. he has the evo 4g and i have the echo. i got root he dont. please get a fix for this.

Could you be clearer? What message you get when you try to uninstall it?
    The app doesn't ask for any admin permissions, so it should be uninstalled like other apps.

[1.5] Changelog
    Code:
    [1.5] Added a new state (BLUE ICON):
          This means that the app is "acquiring" data if the "light sensor combo" feature is active;
          And means that the app is waiting for you to cover the proximity sensor if "timer delay" feature is active
          Now is easier to understand if Smart Screen Off is active or not.
    As far as I know this should happen only when you point a camera on your device (it can be seen only with a digital eye). Do you see it with your eyes?
    If yes:
    1) turn my app off;
    2) make a call and cover sensor until screen turns off.

Does the light turns on?

Something about this on Google

yes I see it with my eyes. it this the same light that it is on it when I do a call. It seems that sensor becames red when in use

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1352169