Official ICS for Samsung devices in Canada is TODAY

Search This thread

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Okay quick question i just could not stand the stock kernel on gingerbread so im stock rom and faux kernel 010u and my phone is still recognized as an i727r ? is normal or does the kernel have anything to do with the update through kies? it still says "i727r does not support initialization" but it recognizes it is that all that matters? Thanks :D

If your phone is connected to Kies, & you select Tools & update, Kies MUST be able to display the current o/s version & then right underneath it will show the same version again..(Unless the ICS update is finally here), In other words, no new updates available.. If you don't see this, Kies will not be able to update your phone... It's not enough for Kies to just recognise the phone.. It has to be able to determine the software version :)

Sent from Down The Rabbit Hole, using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ckck543

dahunt

Feb 11, 2012
ottawa
Another day where today isn't the day. Rogers is just a bunch of jackalopes!

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Another day where today isn't the day. Rogers is just a bunch of jackalopes!

I'm sure that my screen name with rogers, is pretty close to being blacklisted... Come on folks.. Tweet, email & comment on the rogers community forums!!
Put PRESSURE on rogers aka ROBBERS. It looks like they have to be embarrassed into releasing the ICS update!!
How many millions of XDA members are there.... We have a Voice.... Lets USE IT :):thumbup:

rezadue

Jun 14, 2011
Ottawa
Well, I called Rogers customer support and after 10 minutes of being on hold, I was told to go to the play store to get ICS!!!
Yikes!

Some NINE days later and Zip, Nada, Zilch, Not a Peep... All you rogers folks.... Tweet rogers, call rogers, post on the rogers community forums... Rogers is busy releasing the results of freaking surveys... Get on their case! Like all businesses, they're far more interested in getting new customers, then making the ones that they have.... HAPPY!

If you're with at&t or another carrier... You can still tweet rogers & push them :)

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Well, I called Rogers customer support and after 10 minutes of being on hold, I was told to go to the play store to get ICS!!!
Yikes!

YIKES is right... If it wasn't so sad & true... It would be pretty funny!

If we could organise everyone on XDA, to withhold payments to rogers for 30 Days... I'd bet we could get their Attention!!
A Voice! :sly:

helio2k

YIKES is right... If it wasn't so sad & true... It would be pretty funny!

If we could organise everyone on XDA, to withhold payments to rogers for 30 Days... I'd bet we could get their Attention!!
A Voice! :sly:

Rogers doesn't care that much there is a lot of us but not enough to do a dent in Rogers pocket that they would care.

Sent from my SGH-I727R

JHK1984

Jan 24, 2012
Oakville
You've got 30 something days to pay... :)
It might not do much, but hey.. what else can you do, take out an Ad in the Media :D

My buddy with a SGS2 on Bell got the ICS last week and to be honest, I'm not all that eager to get it no more although I am jealous of the following:
  • Chrome Beta
  • Multitask Viewer
  • Better Settings (ability to monitor/control data usage)
But I am not jealous of the:
  • Horrific battery life (yes, this is stock ICS, not a ROM)
  • Losing ROOT
  • ... and losing root previliage means losing A LOT OF THING

So to be honest... I don't even know if I'd jump on it until the root situation is cleared.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
My buddy with a SGS2 on Bell got the ICS last week and to be honest, I'm not all that eager to get it no more although I am jealous of the following:
  • Chrome Beta
  • Multitask Viewer
  • Losing ROOT

So to be honest... I don't even know if I'd jump on it until the root situation is cleared.

Root won't be a problem (the leak is rooted) & You don't need to see TW, there's Apex & Nova Launchers + all the other goodies :)

g2tegg

May 12, 2011
The Hammer
  • Chrome Beta
  • Multitask Viewer
  • Losing ROOT

The S2 on Bell ICS is amazing. Dont really know what your talking about. If your friend is having battery issues Im sure that has to do with an app installed on his phone. Tell him to reset it and see if that fixes it.
The upgrade did wonders to mine. Im getting around 1890 on SunSpider (stock browser) and hit over 4000 on Quandrant. And that is completely bone stock.
With those kind of results I am even more excited to see ICS on our Skyrockets.

JHK1984

Jan 24, 2012
Oakville
Root won't be a problem (the leak is rooted) & You don't need to see TW, there's Apex & Nova Launchers + all the other goodies :)

Leak is rooted? Oh.. so I can just root it again after... that's good.
And how does Apex or Nova look like?
I've been using GO ICS Theme and with all due respect to the developers, this is just TW with ICS icons...

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Leak is rooted? Oh.. so I can just root it again after... that's good.
And how does Apex or Nova look like?
I've been using GO ICS Theme and with all due respect to the developers, this is just TW with ICS icons...

ICS looks like ICS with TW, until you apply a different Launcher.. You can see some screen shots of both, by going to the Store via the Internet... You won't be able to view the Launchers if you use the play store app, since gingerbread is not compatible with either. :)

Bear in mind, that your phone needs to be "stock" in order to get the ICS update through kies!

JHK1984

Jan 24, 2012
Oakville
ICS looks like ICS with TW, until you apply a different Launcher.. You can see some screen shots of both, by going to the Store via the Internet... You won't be able to view the Launchers if you use the play store app, since gingerbread is not compatible with either. :)

Bear in mind, that your phone needs to be "stock" in order to get the ICS update through kies!

I'm rooted but on "stock" rom so I'm thinking I should be ok.
Thanks!

Reactions: whelmar

Top Liked Posts