[ROM][OFFICIAL]Team-Venum Wicked Sensations v2.5 SGH-i747 (AT&T) Ported from Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kalisjr

Jul 5, 2010
Sioux Falls
[ROM][OFFICIAL]Team-Venum Wicked Sensations v2.5 SGH-i747 (AT&T) Ported from Sprint

V2.5 Released !!

(1 NEW RELEASE)

- 1/22/2013 - (SGH-i747/M) Jelly Bean v4.1.1

- This is a rom by TeamVenum's dazednconfused ported to AT&T plus now Tuned & Tweaked by kalisjr and hosted by kalisjr.

Contact kalisjr for support of this ROM if it’s related to functionality not the themes aspect of this awesome ROM. Awesome thanks goes to Skunkape60 for testing and hosting this for all the AT&T SGH-i747 fans of this ROM. New ROM is v2.5 !!

All reported bugs should be fixed in this new v2.5 release. Give it a run and let me know.

More Wickedness Should Be Expected!

******** PLEASE READ CAREFULLY YOU ARE NOW ABLE TO FLASH ANYTHING WITH KUBAN UPDATER ALL PARTS ARE WORKING ********

XAyuz.jpg

0YD59.png

jiWnt.png
JEd8c.png
6aE6Q.png
scraU.png

-Fully themed - huge thanks to dustinb17 for sharing a lot of his awesome images from his AOKP theme Cobalt.
-BASE--I747UCDLK3 - Official JB kalisjr as of 1/9/2013
-Blu Kuban Rom Updater - Thanks Rujelus22
-Lots of mods in Updater
-Modded Settings and SystemUI in updater giving the ability to Remove AM/PM or Remove Clock from Status Bar.
-Themed Apex Launcher
-Popup Browser
-Custom Pulldown
-Stock Kernel w/Boot Animation Support
-Themed TW Launcher
-4 in 1 Reboot Options
-1% Battery Mod
-Android 4.2 Keyboard
-15 Toggles Mod - Thanks Wanam
-Lots of inverted apps - Thanks to Rujelus and travp624
-Inverted Market thanks to Gunthermic
-Several Glass dialers in the updater thanks to Jbeitel and McLuvin'
-Added Home Button Lag/Hack
-Gmail 4.2
-Blocked All Ads
-Removed Increasing Ringtones
-Enabled Camera while in call - Thanks freeza
-ICS Blue Droid bootanimation - Thanks to IVIUENSTER
-More that I may be forgetting.​

speFc.jpg

Most Mods from Kuban Updater will show MD5 Sum does not match right after the download and this is regardless of the recovery manager you are using. It's fine to flash the mods in Updater that say that. It is being worked on as well by the creator of the Kuban update tool, just note that he has been very busy on other projects so I would not expect the fix anytime soon (fair warning).

Note: The Kuban Updater will not work properly with CWM Recovery meaning it requires you to manually flash/install from in recovery and the Kuban Updater stores your downloaded mod/updates in kubandownloads folder on your internal SD memory. The part of this which is broken is a script in the Kuban Updater which is supposed to automatically reboot and flash the update via CWM recovery scripts and this does not happen and throws an error which is fine as it just states it can not proceed to install automatically and that is why this feature needs to be fixed yet. For the Kuban Updater to work properly you may want to switch to TWRP Recovery because it has been reported to work with that recovery just fine but if manual flash/installs work for you then it's your choice you can use CWM recovery just as well. This is the reason we say if you are on CWM recovery you will have to boot into recovery and flash the mods yourself. So Remember The Kuban Updater works best on TWRP Recovery for a fully automated one step process. With TWRP recovery mods/updates downloaded with the Kuban Updater will be automated.

fkeB7.jpg

-Dustinb17 - for sharing a lot of his blue images with me.
-Rujelus22 - thanks for getting this Updater going and helping me get it started. Also thanks for all the help youv'e always been.
-StrongSteve - thanks for all the help with the smali edits. You've been awesome.
- Didact74 - Huge thanks for the modded Settings and SystemUI in the updater that removes AM/PM or Clock. Thanks you so much!!!!
-Sleshepic - Thank you for all of your help and everyone you have taught me.
-Venum - Thank you for all of your help and teaching me things.
-1brainsurgeon - Man you've bee a huge help to me man. Thanks for everything.
-12ManY - Thanks for all of the help.
-Jbeitel and McLuvin - Glass Dialers in Updater.
-Paiyne - Thanks for the awesome banner.
-joshbeach - Thanks for all the sharing and the help and getting this JB thing kicked off
-Mijjah74 - Shared a lot of images and help along the way. Thanks for all the help man.
-freeza - thanks for everything you do for the community.
-clark44 - thanks for all you do for the community.
-fergie716 - thanks for everything.
-Fernando sor and Bad Seed Customs - images in updater.
-Tiffany84 - images in updater.
-Team Carbon - images in updater.
-Skunkape - thanks for the help man and maintaining the thread on another site.
-Gunthermic - Inverted Market
-reverepats - battery images in Updater
-Everyone who is part of Team Venum - Thanks you for everything.

- If there is anybody else that I may have forgotten, it wasn't intentional. Send me a PM and I will add you to the credits.

QYsKM.jpg

-DOWNLOAD THE ROM ON YOUR COMPUTER & TRANSFER TO YOUR SDCARD FOR BEST RESULTS

-BOOT TO RECOVERY
-DO A NANDROID OF YOUR CURRENT SETUP
-WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET
-WIPE CACHE
-WIPE DALVIK CACHE
-GO TO THE ROM AND FLASH
-REBOOT AND ENJOY

FEmmv.jpg

Code:
v1.0 - 12/8/2012 – 1st Release

-Ported the TW Kernel from Sprint to AT&T. - kalisjr
-Updated Google Search. - kalisjr
-Removed Sprint Apps & Cleaned-up System files. - kalisjr
-Added AOSP Lockscreen Option - Thanks Didact74 and Mijjah74.
-Added AM/PM remove option in settings - Thanks Didact74
-Fixed Kuban Updater for AT&T & Ported settings to support 
GSM from CDMA + APN Options Fix for advanced APN settings 
supported by GSM/HSDPA firmware. - kalisjr

Code:
v1.2 - 12/12/2012 – 2nd Release

-Fixed TWRP Not Capable of Flashing ROM (DeOdexed, ZipAligned Build) - kalisjr
-Fixed Modem, Wifi & 4G/LTE Data (Expansion on APN Type Field Coming Soon) - kalisjr
-Removed All Sprint Apps & Cleaned-up more system files needed to keep certain ones to maintain theme fidelity. - kalisjr
-Added AT&T Apps and Fixed Cloud Add Button in settings not work (Did nothing before). - kalisjr
-Fixed the Missing Number 1 Key on Dialer (This is tricky even changing one aspect of kernel and system configuration breaks it again careful if trying to mod you've been warned) - kalisjr 
-Fixed Lag in UI more buttery, but I am working to make it even better (I'm Greedy) coming soon.. - kalisjr 
New GSM from CDMA + APN Options Fix for advanced APN settings 

Code:
v1.2.1 - 12/13/2012 – 3rd Release

New GSM Configuration which should help our family in Canada and Abroad for Open APN Options Which will allow for country specific data configurations. 
This should supported by GSM/HSDPA/+ firmware. - kalisjr

Code:
v1.2.2 - 12/15/2012 – 4th Release

New Carrier Feature Configurations which should help our family in Canada and Abroad for Open APN Options Which will allow for country specific data configurations. 
Many code fixes for the other issues I have already announced like, sound, inbound ring default volume, various reports of losing root, lag issues, MMS not working. along with fit and finish performance tuning and tweaking. - kalisjr

Code:
v1.3.1 - 12/19/2012 – 5th Release

New ROM built only for Canada to fix issues with EFS missing and no APN options. 
This ROM was updated to v1.3 and all of the bugs reported in this thread have been fixed. - kalisjr
Many many code fixes I don't feel like listing right now. Did 7 flash/installs to make sure MMS works but will provide the correct version of that file everyone is flashing/installing just in case. You no longer have to delete the feature.xml file as that was just a workaround to the contacts not working for many. There will be a Kuban Morph Post Flash Fix Feature Package available for download you must flash this right after any Kuban flash updates to keep ROM on correct configuration - Prevents freezing and lockups (See Link Below) - kalisjr

I hope everyone falls in love with this ROM as it was a lot more work then I imagined to port this. Still working on the kernel tweaks to get boot animation and splash screen support working but will release that as an update.zip soon.

Code:
v1.3.3 - 12/24/2012 – 6th Release

New ROM able to flash anything from Kuban Updater now without trouble.
Boot Animation Now Working..
Splash Screen Now Working..
MMS Now working - Picture Messaging Now Working.
Root Permissions Now Fixed - In ROM so SU should work great after flashing.
TWRP Recovery - Flashing Now Fixed
Tons of code changes to performance.
Improvments made for the theming on Google Apps.
Merry Christmas - If you like my work please donate so I can keep working on the next releases (Will go to Mediafire hosting costs and my wife for putting up with me ignoring her to get this done for you all)

I hope everyone falls in love with this ROM as it was a lot more work then I imagined to port this. Still working on the kernel tweaks to get boot animation and splash screen support working but will release that as an update.zip soon.

Code:
[CENTER]v1.3.5 - 12/29/2012 – 7th Release
Bug Fixed Released.

MMS May not work for some has always worked for me but see thread for fixes if needed.

Code:
v1.4 - 1/3/2013 – 8th Release
Bug Fix Released.

MMS May not work for some has always worked for me but see thread for fixes if needed.

Code:
v1.5 - 1/9/2013 – 9th Release
Now using full I747UCDLK3 code base from stock will be smoother and faster than previous releases!!

Bug fixes for MMS hopefully no more issues here.

Wifi MMS should be working now!!

Aroma Installer included now but will be improved in next release on v2.0 will offer all themes during the ROM flashing process removing the requirement of having to use Kuban Updater for alternate themes.

Should support TWRP now with no issues.

Candian Support Now Built-Im Fixed IMEI Bugs.. Finally !!!

Tons of code changes and testing to make this as close to factory performance as possible.

You will love this version more than any other previously released, this is DD quality.

One small issue with theme not sticking on Google Voice Search works but trying to get that sorted out and fixed for next release on Sunday 1/13/2013 v2.0

Code:
v1.5 - 1/9/2013 – 10th Release
Now using full I747UCDLK3 code base from stock will be smoother and faster than previous releases!!

Code:
v2.0 - 1/13/2013 – 11th Release
More rework on fixes to MMS, Wifi, IMEI, Exchange Mail and Video Issues causing FC's on Youtube and various apps which require video.

Code:
v2.5 - 1/22/2013 – 12th Release
More rework on fixes to MMS, Wifi, IMEI, Exchange Mail and Video Issues causing FC's on Youtube and various apps which require video, after numerous pre-release test builds.
Have confirmed by majority this build has resolved those issues and it now fully working. 
Now Time for more themes and new mods... !!!

QYsKM.jpg

**** You no longer have to delete the feature.xml file **** (Do not use feature flash zips published on last release as these will break this new release. Those were files provided as work arounds in case the bugs persisted.)

-BOOT TO RECOVERY
-WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET
-WIPE CACHE
-WIPE DALVIK CACHE
-GO TO THE ROM AND FLASH
-MAY NEED TO RUN ROOT.ZIP AS SOME REPORT (Recommend you do this right after flashing to maintain root, Flashable Zips are provided in links below)
-REBOOT AND ENJOY

FEmmv.jpg

Download Wicked Sensations AT&T Port v2.5 ROM - HERE[/CENTER]

Last edited:

kalisjr

Jul 5, 2010
Sioux Falls
has anyone installed this yet make sure you check out the app built in called Kuban Updater it allows you to theme and personalize to your liking also Anakonda and Pink ones for the ladies that go for that.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy !!! This ROM is a lot of fun. Working on a Jelly bean 4.2.1 of this ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Chauleyboii

Mar 29, 2011
Nice I loved team venom back in my sprint days when I had the epic touch. .....hope this becomes as solid as the original....good work bro

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

rail205

Sep 11, 2011
Montreal
Wow. Just flashed it. Looks amazing. Running smooth on Telus. Had to reflash kernel to get WiFi working. Have not really tried everything. Thanks guys really nice. Getting some keyboard lag. But will let it settle in.

Last edited:

pizzlewizzle

Jun 24, 2012
New Orleans
Nice...I'm running this on my Sprint GS3 and it is my favorite ROM by far. I will def. be flashing this on my girlfriend's AT&T GS3 later tonight.Thanks for getting this out there!

Chuckd610

Aug 8, 2010
Philly, PA
This will be my first SGS3 custom ROM after coming from the Captivate. Will report back after everything is booted. Thanks for busting my SGS3 cherry....lol

natefish

Mar 4, 2008
Henderson, KY
I've downloaded the file to my PC, copied it to my SD card and followed all other instructions for installing this rom. I've installed many roms. This one is just not installing for some reason. TWRP goes through the process of flashing, but nothing flashes. It just says the flash was successful, but it obviously wasn't. I tried this from my internal storage and my external SD with the same results. I checked the file I downloaded and it looks like everything is there on my PC and phone.

I'll try downloading again. Any other suggestions?

Synssins

Mar 21, 2008
I am unable to turn my Wireless on at all, and I get an error message that my Carrier Network does not provide time and date information. My time is incorrect and I have to manually set it.

I have a brand new SGS3 as of yesterday afternoon. I have CWM Touch installed for my Recovery (I will flash TWRP to the phone when I decide to use Kuban)...

I wiped Data/Factory Reset
I wiped Dalvik.
I wiped Cache for the hell of it.
I flashed the ROM only.
I wiped all three again, just in case.
I rebooted.

System comes up just fine and I begin the setup process.
First error: Time Date error for Carrier.

Get into the system, and begin my file updates/etc. I am unable to turn Wireless on at all. I hit the switch on-screen and the status changes to "Turning Wireless On" but the switch stays in "Off" mode, and it eventually just goes back to Off and "Turn Wireless On"

I rebooted into Recovery, and selected Fix Permissions. This ran for about 30 seconds, and then completed.
I get the same issue after reboot.

pizzlewizzle

Jun 24, 2012
New Orleans
I've downloaded the file to my PC, copied it to my SD card and followed all other instructions for installing this rom. I've installed many roms. This one is just not installing for some reason. TWRP goes through the process of flashing, but nothing flashes. It just says the flash was successful, but it obviously wasn't. I tried this from my internal storage and my external SD with the same results. I checked the file I downloaded and it looks like everything is there on my PC and phone.

I'll try downloading again. Any other suggestions?

check to see if you have latest version of TWRP installed.

I am unable to turn my Wireless on at all, and I get an error message that my Carrier Network does not provide time and date information. My time is incorrect and I have to manually set it.

I have a brand new SGS3 as of yesterday afternoon. I have CWM Touch installed for my Recovery (I will flash TWRP to the phone when I decide to use Kuban)...

I wiped Data/Factory Reset
I wiped Dalvik.
I wiped Cache for the hell of it.
I flashed the ROM only.
I wiped all three again, just in case.
I rebooted.

System comes up just fine and I begin the setup process.
First error: Time Date error for Carrier.

Get into the system, and begin my file updates/etc. I am unable to turn Wireless on at all. I hit the switch on-screen and the status changes to "Turning Wireless On" but the switch stays in "Off" mode, and it eventually just goes back to Off and "Turn Wireless On"

I rebooted into Recovery, and selected Fix Permissions. This ran for about 30 seconds, and then completed.
I get the same issue after reboot.

I havent flashed this on AT&T yet but I would use TWRP if i was you. I believe that is whats supported for this ROM and its really easy to install/use(download goomanager from play store, open,goto settings, install openrecoveryscript). then boot into recovery and before you flash goto the wipe menu and select factory reset... then wipe system, davlik cache, and regular cache... then backout and install wicked.

see if that fixes your problems

Last edited:

Synssins

Mar 21, 2008
Under "Settings", I do not have the option to Install openrecoveryscript. If I click Flash ROMs though, I get asked about the OpenRecoveryScript, and then I can select Find one for me or I already have one...

I have flashed TWRP to the phone, and will reboot now.

Edit:
I can replicate natefish's issue...

TWRP does NOT flash this ROM. It starts and immediately completes. I am unable to flash through TWRP.
This is with the latest version as offered to me by Goo.IM on the phone.

Last edited:

pizzlewizzle

Jun 24, 2012
New Orleans
Under "Settings", I do not have the option to Install openrecoveryscript. If I click Flash ROMs though, I get asked about the OpenRecoveryScript, and then I can select Find one for me or I already have one...

I have flashed TWRP to the phone, and will reboot now.

bleh...i didnt realize there was a settings button on the app itself... I meant click the menu button at the lower left corner of your phone (opposite of the back button) and it should open a diferent menu with the install openrecoveryscript shown.

Edit: hmmm since i havent flashed this yet, thats about as far as i can help. Besides checking if it was a bad download, you're gonna have to wait till someone who had a sucessful flash or OP chimes in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

V2.5 Released !!

(1 NEW RELEASE)

- 1/22/2013 - (SGH-i747/M) Jelly Bean v4.1.1

- This is a rom by TeamVenum's dazednconfused ported to AT&T plus now Tuned & Tweaked by kalisjr and hosted by kalisjr.

Contact kalisjr for support of this ROM if it’s related to functionality not the themes aspect of this awesome ROM. Awesome thanks goes to Skunkape60 for testing and hosting this for all the AT&T SGH-i747 fans of this ROM. New ROM is v2.5 !!

All reported bugs should be fixed in this new v2.5 release. Give it a run and let me know.

More Wickedness Should Be Expected!

******** PLEASE READ CAREFULLY YOU ARE NOW ABLE TO FLASH ANYTHING WITH KUBAN UPDATER ALL PARTS ARE WORKING ********

XAyuz.jpg

0YD59.png

jiWnt.png
    JEd8c.png
    6aE6Q.png
    scraU.png

-Fully themed - huge thanks to dustinb17 for sharing a lot of his awesome images from his AOKP theme Cobalt.
    -BASE--I747UCDLK3 - Official JB kalisjr as of 1/9/2013
    -Blu Kuban Rom Updater - Thanks Rujelus22
    -Lots of mods in Updater
    -Modded Settings and SystemUI in updater giving the ability to Remove AM/PM or Remove Clock from Status Bar.
    -Themed Apex Launcher
    -Popup Browser
    -Custom Pulldown
    -Stock Kernel w/Boot Animation Support
    -Themed TW Launcher
    -4 in 1 Reboot Options
    -1% Battery Mod
    -Android 4.2 Keyboard
    -15 Toggles Mod - Thanks Wanam
    -Lots of inverted apps - Thanks to Rujelus and travp624
    -Inverted Market thanks to Gunthermic
    -Several Glass dialers in the updater thanks to Jbeitel and McLuvin'
    -Added Home Button Lag/Hack
    -Gmail 4.2
    -Blocked All Ads
    -Removed Increasing Ringtones
    -Enabled Camera while in call - Thanks freeza
    -ICS Blue Droid bootanimation - Thanks to IVIUENSTER
    -More that I may be forgetting.​

speFc.jpg

Most Mods from Kuban Updater will show MD5 Sum does not match right after the download and this is regardless of the recovery manager you are using. It's fine to flash the mods in Updater that say that. It is being worked on as well by the creator of the Kuban update tool, just note that he has been very busy on other projects so I would not expect the fix anytime soon (fair warning).

Note: The Kuban Updater will not work properly with CWM Recovery meaning it requires you to manually flash/install from in recovery and the Kuban Updater stores your downloaded mod/updates in kubandownloads folder on your internal SD memory. The part of this which is broken is a script in the Kuban Updater which is supposed to automatically reboot and flash the update via CWM recovery scripts and this does not happen and throws an error which is fine as it just states it can not proceed to install automatically and that is why this feature needs to be fixed yet. For the Kuban Updater to work properly you may want to switch to TWRP Recovery because it has been reported to work with that recovery just fine but if manual flash/installs work for you then it's your choice you can use CWM recovery just as well. This is the reason we say if you are on CWM recovery you will have to boot into recovery and flash the mods yourself. So Remember The Kuban Updater works best on TWRP Recovery for a fully automated one step process. With TWRP recovery mods/updates downloaded with the Kuban Updater will be automated.

fkeB7.jpg

-Dustinb17 - for sharing a lot of his blue images with me.
    -Rujelus22 - thanks for getting this Updater going and helping me get it started. Also thanks for all the help youv'e always been.
    -StrongSteve - thanks for all the help with the smali edits. You've been awesome.
    - Didact74 - Huge thanks for the modded Settings and SystemUI in the updater that removes AM/PM or Clock. Thanks you so much!!!!
    -Sleshepic - Thank you for all of your help and everyone you have taught me.
    -Venum - Thank you for all of your help and teaching me things.
    -1brainsurgeon - Man you've bee a huge help to me man. Thanks for everything.
    -12ManY - Thanks for all of the help.
    -Jbeitel and McLuvin - Glass Dialers in Updater.
    -Paiyne - Thanks for the awesome banner.
    -joshbeach - Thanks for all the sharing and the help and getting this JB thing kicked off
    -Mijjah74 - Shared a lot of images and help along the way. Thanks for all the help man.
    -freeza - thanks for everything you do for the community.
    -clark44 - thanks for all you do for the community.
    -fergie716 - thanks for everything.
    -Fernando sor and Bad Seed Customs - images in updater.
    -Tiffany84 - images in updater.
    -Team Carbon - images in updater.
    -Skunkape - thanks for the help man and maintaining the thread on another site.
    -Gunthermic - Inverted Market
    -reverepats - battery images in Updater
    -Everyone who is part of Team Venum - Thanks you for everything.

- If there is anybody else that I may have forgotten, it wasn't intentional. Send me a PM and I will add you to the credits.

QYsKM.jpg

-BOOT TO RECOVERY
    -WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET
    -WIPE CACHE
    -WIPE DALVIK CACHE
    -GO TO THE ROM AND FLASH
    -REBOOT AND ENJOY

FEmmv.jpg

Code:
    v1.0 - 12/8/2012 – 1st Release

-Ported the TW Kernel from Sprint to AT&T. - kalisjr
    -Updated Google Search. - kalisjr
    -Removed Sprint Apps & Cleaned-up System files. - kalisjr
    -Added AOSP Lockscreen Option - Thanks Didact74 and Mijjah74.
    -Added AM/PM remove option in settings - Thanks Didact74
    -Fixed Kuban Updater for AT&T & Ported settings to support 
    GSM from CDMA + APN Options Fix for advanced APN settings 

Code:
    v1.2 - 12/12/2012 – 2nd Release

-Fixed TWRP Not Capable of Flashing ROM (DeOdexed, ZipAligned Build) - kalisjr
    -Fixed Modem, Wifi & 4G/LTE Data (Expansion on APN Type Field Coming Soon) - kalisjr
    -Removed All Sprint Apps & Cleaned-up more system files needed to keep certain ones to maintain theme fidelity. - kalisjr
    -Added AT&T Apps and Fixed Cloud Add Button in settings not work (Did nothing before). - kalisjr
    -Fixed the Missing Number 1 Key on Dialer (This is tricky even changing one aspect of kernel and system configuration breaks it again careful if trying to mod you've been warned) - kalisjr 
    -Fixed Lag in UI more buttery, but I am working to make it even better (I'm Greedy) coming soon.. - kalisjr 
    New GSM from CDMA + APN Options Fix for advanced APN settings 

Code:
    v1.2.1 - 12/13/2012 – 3rd Release

New GSM Configuration which should help our family in Canada and Abroad for Open APN Options Which will allow for country specific data configurations. 

Code:
    v1.2.2 - 12/15/2012 – 4th Release

New Carrier Feature Configurations which should help our family in Canada and Abroad for Open APN Options Which will allow for country specific data configurations. 
    Many code fixes for the other issues I have already announced like, sound, inbound ring default volume, various reports of losing root, lag issues, MMS not working. along with fit and finish performance tuning and tweaking. - kalisjr

Code:
    v1.3.1 - 12/19/2012 – 5th Release

New ROM built only for Canada to fix issues with EFS missing and no APN options. 
    This ROM was updated to v1.3 and all of the bugs reported in this thread have been fixed. - kalisjr
    Many many code fixes I don't feel like listing right now. Did 7 flash/installs to make sure MMS works but will provide the correct version of that file everyone is flashing/installing just in case. You no longer have to delete the feature.xml file as that was just a workaround to the contacts not working for many. There will be a Kuban Morph Post Flash Fix Feature Package available for download you must flash this right after any Kuban flash updates to keep ROM on correct configuration - Prevents freezing and lockups (See Link Below) - kalisjr

Code:
    v1.3.3 - 12/24/2012 – 6th Release

New ROM able to flash anything from Kuban Updater now without trouble.
    Boot Animation Now Working..
    Splash Screen Now Working..
    MMS Now working - Picture Messaging Now Working.
    Root Permissions Now Fixed - In ROM so SU should work great after flashing.
    TWRP Recovery - Flashing Now Fixed
    Tons of code changes to performance.
    Improvments made for the theming on Google Apps.
    Merry Christmas - If you like my work please donate so I can keep working on the next releases (Will go to Mediafire hosting costs and my wife for putting up with me ignoring her to get this done for you all)

Code:
    [CENTER]v1.3.5 - 12/29/2012 – 7th Release
    Bug Fixed Released.

Code:
    v1.4 - 1/3/2013 – 8th Release
    Bug Fix Released.

Code:
    v1.5 - 1/9/2013 – 9th Release

Bug fixes for MMS hopefully no more issues here.

Wifi MMS should be working now!!

Aroma Installer included now but will be improved in next release on v2.0 will offer all themes during the ROM flashing process removing the requirement of having to use Kuban Updater for alternate themes.

Should support TWRP now with no issues.

Candian Support Now Built-Im Fixed IMEI Bugs.. Finally !!!

Tons of code changes and testing to make this as close to factory performance as possible.

You will love this version more than any other previously released, this is DD quality.

One small issue with theme not sticking on Google Voice Search works but trying to get that sorted out and fixed for next release on Sunday 1/13/2013 v2.0

Code:
    v1.5 - 1/9/2013 – 10th Release

Code:
    v2.0 - 1/13/2013 – 11th Release
    More rework on fixes to MMS, Wifi, IMEI, Exchange Mail and Video Issues causing FC's on Youtube and various apps which require video.

Code:
    v2.5 - 1/22/2013 – 12th Release
    More rework on fixes to MMS, Wifi, IMEI, Exchange Mail and Video Issues causing FC's on Youtube and various apps which require video, after numerous pre-release test builds.
    Have confirmed by majority this build has resolved those issues and it now fully working. 
    Now Time for more themes and new mods... !!!

QYsKM.jpg

**** You no longer have to delete the feature.xml file **** (Do not use feature flash zips published on last release as these will break this new release. Those were files provided as work arounds in case the bugs persisted.)

-BOOT TO RECOVERY
    -WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET
    -WIPE CACHE
    -WIPE DALVIK CACHE
    -GO TO THE ROM AND FLASH
    -MAY NEED TO RUN ROOT.ZIP AS SOME REPORT (Recommend you do this right after flashing to maintain root, Flashable Zips are provided in links below)
    -REBOOT AND ENJOY

FEmmv.jpg

Download Wicked Sensations AT&T Port v2.5 ROM - HERE[/CENTER]
    Not dead just got sick and was in hospitol !!

All,

I am back after some serious health issues, and should be on track to get this going again and am working on ROM for test this weekend.

This is the plan.

First I am working to test new larger ROM with all themes included this is not meant to be daily driver just testing the concept.

Next have native theme no more ports all files will be the stock version stamp.

Next working to host separate thread on Kuban Updater so all of the existing mods will be rewriten to support the carrier and base code for your phone.

Next 4.1.2 and multi-window once I get a source for this on this processor I will add that and all of the other premium features, just can't get the ports working without contacts force closing, so am going to wait for samsung to provide code or package to include in this ROM should be three to four weeks from release.

Next themed swipe dialer gives you the ability to swipe between phone modes and looks identical to the stock dialer but act like AOSP ones, very nice.

Next new themes, will have Red to add to Viper was waiting on someone from another thread to finish and then planned to add that in but no go his PC bonked out and no word on release so I made one too!!!

Next working on getting Up In Smoke migrated into the ROM a new grayscale theme dazednconfused put out last week.

Next a Purple theme "Will be called Wicked Purple Reign" and that will be the last theme for this ROM..

Now please do not contact Dazed for support he only produces the Sprint version and I have decided to no longer go the porting route but rather the native route and have figured out what I need to do just that.

Working with the other members of team venum and not sure what I will be able to do but backup plan is to host Kuban updates from FTP if needed due to what ever compatibility issues there might be which prevent it.

Also I will be creating Sprint versions of the new colors and sending them dazed's way but he is not going to support those and will not be hosting them on Kuban and are offered only to those on the Sprint side which want those as he is trying to keep his thread clean from the issues we all have had with the development of these new additions.

Dazed has a bug free version because his ROM is built native and I have wasted too much time trying to make something work from porting where I could have just built the ROM, the issues I have always had was Kuban compatibility which will not be an issue going forward no matter what because I will be rewriting every mod on Kuban to make these ROM's work right and this is going to take a substantial amount of time so please be patient.

Also when the source for 4.2.1 drops I will be doing that one as well but once the themes are done and the updates are in place I am hang out and relax supporting you all the way every other thread does, now if someone out there is willing to help and have the experience adding mods into ROM's I will entertain a PM from them regarding that as I never turn away help but for the most part many of the devs shy away from the Stock ROM's and focus on the AOSP experience.

after 4.2.1 there will be little differences left as Samsung as taken a more native approach to the new releases to focus their efforts on the new Tiezen OS they plan to start supporting and shipping their post 2013 phones to. Others are looking to start development on Ubuntu's new platform, but all in all help is welcome please pm first and tell me what you would like to add, and I will see if it's something we can do and still produce a version for the Sprint brothers..

Everything I do with the development of these other three carriers will be also produced and offered to the Sprint group for Wicked Sensations, and the name will not change in honor of the creator of this awesome ROM Dazednconfused.

Next as for regional issues I will take the approach that Samsung does and create a ROM for each region and not try to make a one size fits all there are way too many issue in support for attempting that and is the reason I believe Samsung separates all of their ROM's by region or territory, yes I have heard the argument that other ROM's don't have any issues with one part of the country to the other but if you consider that is just your experience and look at those threads as I have you will see the same issues exist with the other ROM's that are based on Touchwiz in some shape or form and I want everyone to have a bug free experience.

So in doing all of this it will not happen over night and will require testing before I release official rev's to the thread and only those people who know how to test will be offered the links and by that I mean I need details on what you did exactly when bugs are discovered or it just wastes my time in attempting to fix them and given busy work schedule I need to be as efficient as I can to get releases out faster which means I need good testers and fast too so I can turn over the issues as fast as can be done given my work schedule and constraints.

The ETA for all of these things will be variable based on the outcome of testing and development but overall I expect all of this to be done by June 2013 and from there on out much faster turn over on new version because I have developed a process to improve development performance.

Due to recent health issues I will be doing something at least once every two weeks, and sometime more depending on what progress testing turns out and how well first and second cycle development goes.

I hope this helps you all know where we stand on the evolution of this ROM and no I didn't intentionally stay gone.

Thanks all, now let me get back to work on this whole thing as there is a ton of work to get done.

Jk
    Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL]Team-Venum Wicked Sensations v2.5 SGH-i747 (AT&T) Ported from Spri

Thanks for your answer, Now I know some one is alive on the another end. I complain not to don't fix the problem, I complain because no one answer nothing.

Thanks again

Working on a new version should be done in the next few days and have brand new theme called Viper which will be released very soon.

Sorry to all for no posts in the last four days but this last stretch of work on this new version and theme working with testers and dazed to get this out.

Trying to bring new theme online bugs fixes and support for new features which can be flashed from kuban updater.

This release will be worth the wait!!

The amount of work a new theme takes is no joke serious time to get this all done.

I need testers to run pre-release builds tomorrow so just send me a pm that says your interested and I'll send you a link to version 3.0a.

We are testing phone calls over lte.

MMS over wifi and data.

Exchange server mail.

Wifi connectivity

GPS locking

Standard email.

Once I have these confirmed working from those who were previously not working at least ten confirmed people I'll release version 3.0 with new theme as I've been using it now for two days no issues on any of the previous bugs and new viper theme kick total a$.

You can expect things to return to normal once this is released.

I'm asking anyone to help while I wrap this up over the next couple of days and then we can party!!!!!!!!

Also twisted red coming down sometime this week too so there will be two new themes for all carriers very soon and they are so sick!!

Thanks all for your patience it's hard to focus on all of that and maintain online stuff too but the big work is almost done.

We're still alive and in business.

Later

Jk

Question about the IMEI ...if its just as easy as backing up your folder then why is there a whole thread dedicated to this and the app tools to back your IMEI to your computer ? :what:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Hey bro,

As crazy as it sounds there is more than one way to skin a cat when it comes to technology, the information relative to what I posted applies to only those who have a backup of their factory efs which would come from a person's nandroid backup/restore, that was not stated clear in my original post "that's 100% my bad" and that insight will keep me on my toes to ensure more detail is given so as to avert the perception it's not misleading or mis-guided or over even un-sourced or under researched.

As I did research on this I found the link to which you are referring along with a ton of other links from other sites which use various different methods and tools to accomplish successful resolution to this problem and it's many causes prior to even posting this potential resolution.

I decided like many people who do this for a living to take the "low hanging fruit first" approach meaning to try the easier methods to test before delving into the more complex ones, sometimes people don't need brain surgery for headache if you can see where I'm going.

I chose what appeared to be the best method offered by our internet community considering the skillset of a minority out here who have less experience; as a first attempt to resolve this.

I planned to take the next method and so on and so on until the issues were resolved using the most complicated means as last resort. Before recklessly posting anything I obviously needed to test what I had found on other forums they guaranteed was a solution.

So in doing do I deleted the files in my efs folder/partition after taking a backup and performed a flash using the standard build ROM published in the OP again with an empty efs folder/partition to reproduce the error knowing I had so many other means of recovery at my disposal.

I did the method a little different just because I was curious to see what would happen when I attempted restore/recovery so after this I reinstalled root explorer and browsed to my efs backup folder/partition and copied the whole folder back and rebooted and GUESS WHAT? It worked!!

Then I tried to do it another way because I wanted to simulate a corruption so I opened the critical file nv_data.bin and wrote bogus data to the file and saved it leaving all of the other restored files from my test backup which was nothing more than a copy alone and rebooted.

I found what I expected to and that was effectively a hosing up file to the level of FOOBAR and creating the exact same situation as my first test situation successfully producing the no IMEI condition. I then proceeded to browse once again to my backup and overwrote the corrupted files and rebooted and once again GUESS WHAT? It worked again!!!

The next test was with a format of internal sd and as many know the install of the ROM recreates the efs but in my case I did the test again and again it worked.

Now so everyone understands where I am coming from and I calculated the facts. For starters people have a backup with a means to restore their no IMEI condition from both nandroid and the manual backups I instructed people to do. And second as I have read from many of the affected members posts about their phones as they report; when they run their backup from nandroid to restore the previous ROM the IMEI issues do not exist or goes away.

This tidbit of information was the initial inspiration for seeking a simpler method of resolution therefore trying to provide a quick and easy way which worked for me on 5 different test iterations based of the steps I have provided above.

The only one trump card I could think of in my mind is that I am using a different model of SGS3 (SGH-I747) not the M variety most of those affected here own. So if it turned out not to work for them as it did for me I would have defaulted to more the aggressive means of resolution finding a solution which might produce a result for them.

But during my contemplation I thought but what if it did work, let me find out because I had to know if it could really be that simple? Many others sites which claim to resolve this issue have fully respected the impressive methods outlined in the link you suggested.

But again experience has always taught me what knowledge can't and that is there are more ways to get a problem solved then what text books teach and it's been the pinnacle of success in my career as technical professional. For the status quo say knowledge is power, but reality says knowledge is powerless without application things must be tested to see if they be true or false. And reality also teaches technical professionals there are two kinds of truth absolute truth or relative truth where the later kind mostly distorted by the perception of a thing not the reality of it.

The perception of the affected users would naturally develop a mental bias when presented multiple technical options for not using a more complicated method and could deceive them into thinking since the proposed solution didn't require much effort it must not a really legit fix and therefore it can't be trusted.

Now when you use the many testing methods and tools available to verify which I assume all would do after execution of any chosen steps from the forum exactly as recommended all would have achieved just as much confidence with a simple outcome producing a valid and passing test as much as a complex series of steps would. So to me it's a matter of how much effort you are willing to take, but on the other hand if the simple steps first all end in failure you have now spend 10 times as much time as you would have if you had of started with the most complicated option, not saying the link below has that level of burden on folks but it's really a gamble and the only positive which comes from it is that we all learn what is really possible and what is not to a certain degree.

Many of the problems with MMS out here I have never had when doing the installations yet others do?? What gives??

To me it does not matter but when others wonder why did he tell me to delete the feature.xml file seems kind of shady one would have to know the architecture of android and the options, because when porting to reduce conflict I chose to define the settings in the others.xml and if you have the feature.xml defining the same settings you get conflicts and this will cause force closing as they are seeing.

Once I realized that file made it into this build I had figured out what was causing the issues everyone was complaining about.

So if others now choose to not do the steps which I have managed to have success with that's fine, I support that 100% and make no mistake about it I am for what solves the problem with the least amount of grief.

The link below would have been the next steps suggested if the affected users found no real resolution with the steps I tested to work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1801997

This link is the one which caused me to try the series of steps that I did and ulitmatly lead to the proposal.

http://forum.samdroid.net/f60/tutorial-remounting-restoring-backup-efs-partition-3600/

It takes a greater degree of faith to even engage in what we all do out here, and I fully respect proven methods and those would not be proven by me but rather by the greater group amongst us.

Thanks,

Jk

In the future I’ll make sure to offer the most popular option in addition to what I propose as potential fixes and sincerely appreciate that people out here care enough about others that they would advise against something for the sake of their own good, and that’s awesome, I strive to do no less for them.
    Use the Thanks Button !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All,

If the work I am doing on this is good to you press the thanks button, there are over 11,000 downloads of these ROMS and I am working very hard to give you quality.

I like that people say it but press the button...

I think when someone gives you a gift the giver is entitled to some gratitude, and I am not directing this to the ones who do but apparently the 1000's which are not. I can't tell you really how that feels to be out here trying to give everyone a solid product, I spend more time testing than anything else because for some reason these ROM builds work on my phones per the list I am working from then I release and it's 50/50.

From now on I want anyone who downloads to report it's all good or line item the issues, I am not supporting the themes to the degree Dazed does but I will do my best.

Working on getting Canadian's ROM working and Boot Animation and running out of time the tools for the Boot Animation using stock kernels keeps bricking my phones and I not going to waste my time trying to fix broken tools when I can use that time to fix broken parts of this ROM.

Thanks and I'm sincere when I say that to all who are grateful for this port.

Jk

Btw, My running out of time comment is that I want this out to all before Christmas but I can't ruin the time my family wants from me because of this, because I would never hear the end of it...