[RECOVERY](Updated 2-8-14) Official ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7

Search This thread

rcxquake

Mar 4, 2010
Getting a similar errors as others have mentioned. Present on both touch and non-touch versions; unable to wipe all data.

Deleting all user data grants the error messages:
Code:
-- Wiping data...
Formatting /data...
Error mounting /data!
Skipping format...
Formatting /cache...
Formatting /sd-ext...
Formatting /sdcard/.android_secure...
Error mounting /sdcard/.android_secure!
Skipping format...
Data wipe complete.

Last edited:

mbt28

Jan 5, 2013
Nexus 10 stuck on booting logo

Hello People,

I have been trying to fix my Nexus 10 32gb since morning. I flashed "recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-manta.img" via fastboot on my Nexus but after that the boot never ends it has stuck on Nexus logo. Some people says that if I flash whole device with official image it is going to fix however I dont want to lose my all my data, I have my data on my computer as well but it takes quite a long time to restore them. So is there any way to fix this issue without wiping?

These are the steps that I made on my nexus 10:

• unlocked the device via fastboot
  • Installed the recovery image of "recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-manta.img"
  • Device have started to stuck on logo after this step
  • Installed "CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip" over CWM via windows adb shell (it was succesfull)
  • Installed stock recovery but device still cant complete booting process

Additionally like most of the users have, also my cwm cant mount data, cache and system partition.

Last edited:

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Hello People,

I have been trying to fix my Nexus 10 32gb since morning. I flashed "recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-manta.img" via fastboot on my Nexus but after that the boot never ends it has stuck on Nexus logo. Some people says that if I flash whole device with official image it is going to fix however I dont want to lose my all my data, I have my data on my computer as well but it takes quite a long time to restore them. So is there any way to fix this issue without wiping?

These are the steps that I made on my nexus 10:

• unlocked the device via fastboot
  • Installed the recovery image of "recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-manta.img"
  • Device have started to stuck on logo after this step
  • Installed "CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip" over CWM via windows adb shell (it was succesfull)
  • Installed stock recovery but device still cant complete booting process

Additionally like most of the users have, also my cwm cant mount data, cache and system partition.

Does the tablet get stuck at the Google or nexus logo? To fix this you can try powering on the tablet and holding both the power button and volume up and down at the same time then selecting recovery mode using the volume up button to select recovery mode. Then once in recovery mode select "Factory Reset" this will whipe the /cache and /data partition then select "Reboot System". The tablet should now hopefully not get stuck and boot normally.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

mbt28

Jan 5, 2013
Does the tablet get stuck at the Google or nexus logo? To fix this you can try powering on the tablet and holding both the power button and volume up and down at the same time then selecting recovery mode using the volume up button to select recovery mode. Then once in recovery mode select "Factory Reset" this will whipe the /cache and /data partition then select "Reboot System". The tablet should now hopefully not get stuck and boot normally.

Thanks shimp208, I knew this but I was looking for a soulution without wiping my data, but yesterday night I couldnt resist more and made a factory reset to my tablet. However it is very strange that hereafter the factory reset; again I tried to install CWMR 6.0.23 and wholaaa it was succesful and device had rooted succesfully.

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Thanks shimp208, I knew this but I was looking for a soulution without wiping my data, but yesterday night I couldnt resist more and made a factory reset to my tablet. However it is very strange that hereafter the factory reset; again I tried to install CWMR 6.0.23 and wholaaa it was succesful and device had rooted succesfully.

Glad to hear you got it working if recovery doesn't boot for you in the future you can try running the command:

Code:
fastboot erase cache

This should prevent the tablet from getting stuck at the Google or nexus logo without having to clear data.

DenyDarko

Jun 9, 2010
Athens
SD Mount Bug

I experience the following issues:

• SD Card Mount is broken.
  • Fix permissions is broken.

Please check the attached image.

I'm not sure if it matters but the storage is encrypted.

Any advice is more than welcome. :)

Attachments

• bugs22.jpg
    bugs22.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
I experience the following issues:

• SD Card Mount is broken.
  • Fix permissions is broken.

Please check the attached image.

I'm not sure if it matters but the storage is encrypted.

Any advice is more than welcome. :)

There are still some bugs to be worked out in Clockworkmod, other people have reported having similar problems. However these bugs are being worked on and will eventually be fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

DenyDarko

Jun 9, 2010
Athens
There are still some bugs to be worked out in Clockworkmod, other people have reported having similar problems. However these bugs are being worked on and will eventually be fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

Is there any official bug reporting website ?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner

mvmacd

Nov 2, 2010
Massachusetts
where is the clockworkmod folder?
I looked for it in /sdcard/ but it's not there.

I was having trouble a while back about the /data not mounting, but it mounts now. and I did a backup the other day, and just went to look for the files in /sdcard/clockworkmod but the folder isn't there. where is it supposed to go?

edit: found it in /mnt/shell/emulated/0/clockworkmod

Why did you move it? :(

Last edited:

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
by mistaake i umounted the internal storage/std..... the current verison doesnt let me mount ....what do i do?:crying:

Try rebooting the phone and see if fstab remount's the partition automatically on start-up as part of the normal partition mounting process. If that doesn't work try using TWRP instead.

Top Liked Posts