Wireless & waterproof headphones for the Z

Search This thread

ninetwozero

Apr 10, 2011
Umeå, Sweden
Hey people!

Anyone out there know of a good pair of headphones that are both wireless and waterproof? Would be great to have music in my ears while swimming!

Thanks!

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

WendellGnR

Feb 13, 2013
I don't think you wanna swim listening to music :p

Why not? I would like to do it, and I will, once i get my Z ;D ( Unless you tell me that would be a risky thing to do, which i think is not the case )

BTW, I'm looking for some wirelles/waterproof headphones too, so, if anyone knows of a good one, please tell us!

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
Erm.. specs say max 1m for 30mins.
The way I see it.. 1.1m for 1min could kill the device.. BUT I may be wrong. The pressure increases as you go deeper.

I think the water-proofing qualities are best for using when you're wet (showering), cleaning the device, walking in the rain or accidental drop into a puddle of water, etc.

Swimming... hmm..

WendellGnR

Feb 13, 2013
The way I see it.. 1.1m for 1min could kill the device.. BUT I may be wrong. The pressure increases as you go deeper.

I think the water-proofing qualities are best for using when you're wet (showering), cleaning the device, walking in the rain or accidental drop into a puddle of water, etc.

Swimming... hmm..

That's true, but as for me, I won't be all the time with the phone inside the pool. Just leave it there in the edge of the pool and go swim hearing your favorite songs ;D

kilabdg

Aug 20, 2009
Bydgoszcz
03phys.1.jpg

319339_337198076364778_1805646789_a.jpg

Reactions: xperiax10.awesome

JoeMBlair

Dec 21, 2012

Swimming... hmm..

I'm pretty sure it could survive depths of over 1 meter and last longer for 30 minutes the only reason they say that is because of how IP ratings works. For a IPX7 rating (which the Xperia Z is rated for) it needs to pas being submerged in water up to 1m for 30 minutes but for the IPX8 it needs to to be continuous immersion in water and depth specified by the manufacturer.

budalica

waterproofing

People PLEASE pay attention .
That specific waterproofing is for FRESH WATER ONLY .
You go in salt water , pool water with chlorine or something similar ALL bets are off and so is you warranty !!

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Ha ha ha ha I don't think you want to swim in 1 meter deep water for 30 minutes :p:silly:

Reactions: LordManhattan

ninetwozero

Apr 10, 2011
Umeå, Sweden
So, any actual Bluetooth headphones that are waterproof? The ones linked previously in the thread seemed nice, but they do lack the whole "connect with the phone" experience of it all (as I'm looking to listen to my Spotify playlist, and ha - maybe even RunKeeper/Edomondo if possible). :)

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Why does chlorine matter? Even tap water has trace amount of chlorine

The amount of chlorine. Does your tap water smell like a pool? I doubt that :p And I doubt a couple of "swims" will damage it, but I wouldn't do it that often. Chlorine is a chemical after all and I doubt the rubber seals and the dock connector likes it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

torespen

The amount of chlorine. Does your tap water smell like a pool? I doubt that :p And I doubt a couple of "swims" will damage it, but I wouldn't do it that often. Chlorine is a chemical after all and I doubt the rubber seals and the dock connector likes it.

Why not give the man an answer istead of telling him not to do this and that..
pretty sure he's capable of thinking for him self.. ;)

Reactions: niaboc79

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    waterproofing

People PLEASE pay attention .
    That specific waterproofing is for FRESH WATER ONLY .
    You go in salt water , pool water with chlorine or something similar ALL bets are off and so is you warranty !!

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Ha ha ha ha I don't think you want to swim in 1 meter deep water for 30 minutes :p:silly:

Why not give the man an answer istead of telling him not to do this and that..
    pretty sure he's capable of thinking for him self.. ;)