[Q] "com.google.process.gapps message wont dissapear

Search This thread

mikey429

Jan 1, 2014
Hi everyone! I recently decided to install the 4.4.2 rom on my Galaxy Note 3 N9005 and I didn't like it because it obviously was buggy as ,entioned in the thread. So I wanted to go back to my nandroid backup which I had made before installing the rom. It all went right in CWM and no errors, so I rebooted my phone and got stuck at the glowing samsung logo, so after many fixes and things I tried which didn't work I flashed a pre-rooted stock rom for it and it all went well. I managed to restore to my nandroid finally and then I unlock my phone to find a "com.google.process.gapps has been stopped" message which wont go away when I tap "OK". It just comes back and gives me one second untill it comes back again. I really need help since I need my phone for work, I have tried reinstalling all the gapps, wont work, I have tried reflashing the stock rom and restoring my nandroid again, I have tried deactivating "Downloads" in the app manager but that wont fix it either and finally I have tried clearing the "app data" for all my apps but again, no luck. If anyone would be able to help me I would appriciate it very much. Thanks in advance!

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
You're probably gonna have to go back to complete stock. Grab your stock image and flash via odin, boot it up and see if it gives you the error without installing custom recovery and your backup. That way you'll know where the error lays.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mikey429

Jan 1, 2014
You're probably gonna have to go back to complete stock. Grab your stock image and flash via odin, boot it up and see if it gives you the error without installing custom recovery and your backup. That way you'll know where the error lays.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Forgot to mention but when I return to complete stock there isn't such a message, only when I restore to my nandroid. I also tried restoring from an older backup which I had made like 2 months ago and the same problem remains, "com.google" message is still there. Any suggestions or should I just start over?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Forgot to mention but when I return to complete stock there isn't such a message, only when I restore to my nandroid. I also tried restoring from an older backup which I had made like 2 months ago and the same problem remains, "com.google" message is still there. Any suggestions or should I just start over?

Sounds like a dodgy backup or it somehow got corrupted, I'd start over to save any headaches for future reference :( -- It's a headache I know, but safer I think. You could hang five, see if anyone else chimes in with any other ideas though

mikey429

Jan 1, 2014
Sounds like a dodgy backup or it somehow got corrupted, I'd start over to save any headaches for future reference :( -- It's a headache I know, but safer I think. You could hang five, see if anyone else chimes in with any other ideas though

Yeah i'm probably gonna have to start over from scratch, thank you so much for te super fast reply, I appriciate your answer and help. As you suggested I will keep staying on this thread to see if anyone has the fix. If not i'm just gonna reflash this thing again.
And again, thank you so much for the fast reply I appriciate it alot.

Last edited:

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi everyone! I recently decided to install the 4.4.2 rom on my Galaxy Note 3 N9005 and I didn't like it because it obviously was buggy as ,entioned in the thread. So I wanted to go back to my nandroid backup which I had made before installing the rom. ...

A nandroid backup is simple but monolithic. Most people also use Titanium Backup for the ability to restore selective stuff, or to restore to a completely different model of phone.

I had same issue
Bith titanium and nandroid restore.

Well only way to save your self. Completing wizard of first startup with feeling google..

And just restore user apps and data with titanium except google stuff..

This is the only healthy restore method so far i know that gapss.com keeps kool

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

mikey429

Jan 1, 2014
So I somehow managed to go to settings and disable Play Services with the one second time line that I had before the message appears again, and the message stopped. So it must be something with Play Services. Since i'm new to android (and the Note 3 is my first android phone) I want to ask if there is a way to maybe reinstall Plaay Services?

Last edited:

ryanxiao

Apr 4, 2012
shenzhen
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi everyone! I recently decided to install the 4.4.2 rom on my Galaxy Note 3 N9005 and I didn't like it because it obviously was buggy as ,entioned in the thread. So I wanted to go back to my nandroid backup which I had made before installing the rom. It all went right in CWM and no errors, so I rebooted my phone and got stuck at the glowing samsung logo, so after many fixes and things I tried which didn't work I flashed a pre-rooted stock rom for it and it all went well. I managed to restore to my nandroid finally and then I unlock my phone to find a "com.google.process.gapps has been stopped" message which wont go away when I tap "OK". It just comes back and gives me one second untill it comes back again. I really need help since I need my phone for work, I have tried reinstalling all the gapps, wont work, I have tried reflashing the stock rom and restoring my nandroid again, I have tried deactivating "Downloads" in the app manager but that wont fix it either and finally I have tried clearing the "app data" for all my apps but again, no luck. If anyone would be able to help me I would appriciate it very much. Thanks in advance!

Hi, there! I just got almost the same issue like you. Once update to custom 4.4.2, any nandroid backups which worked right before getting GAPPS' FC constantly. :crying: Try double wipes, flash 4.3 gapps full package, stop&restart android download, uninstall google play store update, etc. nothing can fix it. Only way stop the popup error, is flash stock rom. But, consequently, lose root access, even with the same method that rooted the stock rom before. I'll heard some guy said the 4.4.2 has different partition from 4.3 or older android rom. But don't mention how to restore the old partition way. So, hope anyone can help us out, thanks a lot.