Help me decide LG g2 or GS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
E

egomez7737

I recently bought a Gs4 on verizon running the latest 4.3 mk2 software and I hate touchwiz. Its just so packed with useless stuff that makes the phone slow. Since I cannot install a custom recovery on this phone I was thinking of trading it for an lg g2 and wiping the os and installing kit kat on it from cyanogen mod. What do you guys think should I do the trade?

gnubian

Mar 15, 2012
Asheville

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
Well other than Nexus phones i don't like LG even a little bit. Just not a phone I personally would buy. I like the Samsung phones as I'm now selling my MDK based S4 on swappa.com and got a Note 3. I used to be a CM fan with my Droid Bionic, but I've grown to like TW a lot. The stats are nice but it would also have to have good real world battery life over the S4. My S4 is amazing with battery.

Plus what CM did to a lot of people/developers when they went commercial, I will more then likely won't use CM again.

SwiftLeeO

Jan 29, 2014
I recently bought a Gs4 on verizon running the latest 4.3 mk2 software and I hate touchwiz. Its just so packed with useless stuff that makes the phone slow. Since I cannot install a custom recovery on this phone I was thinking of trading it for an lg g2 and wiping the os and installing kit kat on it from cyanogen mod. What do you guys think should I do the trade?

You can't install a custom recovery. Technically this is true. Unless you have an MDK Bootloader, you cannot install a custom recovery in the way you most likely want to. However, you can root your phone to debloat it so that it is not so slow. You can also install an application by Hashcode called Safestrap recovery. It basically allows you to flash touchwiz based roms on your phone on a different slot, without modifying the stock rom. You will have to deal with a custom system status, but if you use saferoot to root your S4, you will not have to worry about tripping KNOX so you can always flash stock recovery via ODIN in case of regaining warranty, etc.

Honestly from what I've seen, I wouldn't do the trade. If anything, you should get the Moto X dev edition. The developer edition of the Moto X allows you to flash whatever you want pretty much as long as it is compatible with your device. I have not read the warranty but they do say if you have the developer edition, the warranty is not void by flashing. I believe if you are with verizon you can switch out the phones if it has not been 14 days since you started the contract. I won't be buying the Galaxy S5, S6, or Swhatever... I mean the features are nice and all but there should be an option to delete the crap you don't use without having to root.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.