Bugs in 10.4.B.0.569 update

Search This thread

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Guys, if he wants to carry on believing that memory allocation in Android works the same as it did in Windows 98, then let him.
I've tried a few times to explain it to him (in very basic terms that anyone should understand, see page 22 of this thread), but for some reason he absolutely refuses to be educated on the matter and would rather resort to veiled insults questioning people's intelligence in response than admit that he's wrong about it.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
The 'book' is the Android developer documentation and the Linux documentation. I think I'll trust that over some random guy on here that doesn't understand how it works, if you don't mind.

If you think that OEMs are putting more RAM in devices and reducing their margins for it to remain unused, then you're deluded at best. It's there because a Linux/Android system runs better with more RAM. Just not for the reasons that you think.

Very basically -
1. More RAM is more space for (cached) processes, which aids multitasking.
2. More RAM allows a bigger cache, which aids general performance.

Neither of those using up RAM will stop you opening new apps or cause a decrease in performance because less free RAM is available. If RAM is required to open a new app, either some cache will be cleared or a low priority cached process will be killed. There is zero need to leave large amounts of RAM unused 'just in case' you open a new app some time in the future.
This doesn't mean that every last bit of RAM will be used up or that there will only be 2MB free either. There is a limit where Android will start to kill low priority cached processes on it's own, just not an unrealistically large limit.

Last edited by a moderator:

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
And you clearly show how much free RAM is - to some extent - influencing the device's performance. That's one of the reasons - tje ones you quote - why Sony Xperia occassionally kills the homescreen in the background.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Hi, i'm using C6603 right now in Indonesia with Singapore firmware..
And now i have problem with the network data, even the icon H+ appear ( otherwords, my mobile data is actived ) on my phone but sometimes i can't access anything till I disable mobile data network for a while and reconnect it..
Does the differerent of Indonesia baseband and Singapore makes this problem???
It's hard to say.
I can say my phone on TMobile Poland has 0 problems so far.
But honestly in the past few years I contacted my provider very often regarding problems etc. and I know providers often have problems which take some time to be fixed, or they do some development which causes problems. But it may be your SIM card as well.

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
The LMK would never, ever kill a high priority process such as the launcher at the levels you're complaining about (400-500MB free).

I said Android would kill low priority cached processes at _low levels_ of free RAM. It would have to be critically low for the launcher to be killed. That in no way validates your need to see excessive amounts free, even if you want to try and twist it to your own end.

chefnoob

Jan 18, 2012
Sydney
Going back on topic...

Are any of you guys having fc with the stock phone app?

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

nemer12

Nov 20, 2009
Bucharest
www.adevice.ro
so this is maybe a wierd thing ?

I had 2 Sony Xperia Z.. both with 4.3

The old one = better battery, phone entered DEEP SLEEP, and good overall...

The new one (because I've changed in warranty) = poorer battery with 4.3, it doesn't enter in DEEP SLEEP, when I talk at the phone the connection brakes up and the phone call ends and its very annoying because it happens all the time!

Another question of mine is why when I'm calling someone and talking with them I dont have 3G network, and I can't surf the internet? but only when I talk, now I have 4.2.2 sadly.

chefnoob

Jan 18, 2012
Sydney
so this is maybe a wierd thing ?

I had 2 Sony Xperia Z.. both with 4.3

The old one = better battery, phone entered DEEP SLEEP, and good overall...

The new one (because I've changed in warranty) = poorer battery with 4.3, it doesn't enter in DEEP SLEEP, when I talk at the phone the connection brakes up and the phone call ends and its very annoying because it happens all the time!

Another question of mine is why when I'm calling someone and talking with them I dont have 3G network, and I can't surf the internet? but only when I talk, now I have 4.2.2 sadly.

Hello Mate,
Could you check if which phone has the eco mode controller and which one has extended battery controller?

samylyes2304

Aug 14, 2011
Hello Mate,
Could you check if which phone has the eco mode controller and which one has extended battery controller?

I have an Xperia ZR and I'm suffering also from the android OS Battery drain since 4.3 and I have the Eco Mode Controller

Envoyé de mon C5502 en utilisant Tapatalk

technaudio

Jul 9, 2010
Anyone have problems with xperia link?
upybanyg.jpg

e3e2ypyj.jpg

yrary4yv.jpg

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk

Even though we have finally received the 4.3 update from SONY,
it seems like shipped with some noticeable bugs. :(

It's better if we can mention the bugs we have encountered after the 4.3 update

1. ) SONY Select
As many people have reported this service is not working in either mobile broadband or wifi connections.
Only a error text is shown as "No network connection. Please try again later"

2.) NFC icon
It suddenly get disapeared while it's already activated by quick settings.

3.) Airplane mode
When the Airplane mode is turned on by power button menu, it cannot be turned off using the same menu since it's disabled.
I had to go to the settings menu and turn it off from there.

4.) Network mode switching
3G networking and LTE network mode switching does not happening correctly in automatically (sometimes).
work arround found :
Had to go to the network settings and disable the mobile data
turn on the airplane mode on and again turn it off
enable the mobile data again then it will correctly jump to LTE network type

5.) Battery bug
Battery suddenly dropped from about 40 % to 8% (without any downloaded applications.)

6.) Overheating
Phone is incredibly overheating while using the HSPA+ or LTE data connection.
with 4.2.2 i didn't had this much of overheating issue.

Please share your findings also :highfive:

WIfi still sucks.....going off and on like a light switch. And it's the Xperia, cause on my other devices no problems at all. Unbelievable Sony!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1 no
    2 no
    3 no
    4 no
    5 no
    6 its normal

Odoslané z C6603 pomocou Tapatalku
    1 - Progress bar overlaping text while installing applications

There is a xposed module which disappear the overlapping. ;)
    Maybe you want to say the less RAM the better.
    Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

(if you haven't heard that before, it means you are not much in subject of how modern operating systems are designed).
    The 'book' is the Android developer documentation and the Linux documentation. I think I'll trust that over some random guy on here that doesn't understand how it works, if you don't mind.

If you think that OEMs are putting more RAM in devices and reducing their margins for it to remain unused, then you're deluded at best. It's there because a Linux/Android system runs better with more RAM. Just not for the reasons that you think.

Very basically -
    1. More RAM is more space for (cached) processes, which aids multitasking.
    2. More RAM allows a bigger cache, which aids general performance.

Neither of those using up RAM will stop you opening new apps or cause a decrease in performance because less free RAM is available. If RAM is required to open a new app, either some cache will be cleared or a low priority cached process will be killed. There is zero need to leave large amounts of RAM unused 'just in case' you open a new app some time in the future.
    This doesn't mean that every last bit of RAM will be used up or that there will only be 2MB free either. There is a limit where Android will start to kill low priority cached processes on it's own, just not an unrealistically large limit.

Could you try something?

Put the phone in your pocket and press the power button then take the phone out of your pocket. For me the screen doesn't turn on, I don't know if it's a feature or a bug but if it's a feature it just seems like it's too sensitive and causes the screen not to turn on when it should.

As I've said before.. Stamina Mode enables a sort of "Pocket-Wake protection" where the proximity sensor will disable the power button when it is triggered..