[q] please please help..!!

Search This thread

phrozenwire

Nov 24, 2008
Pune
Hello Folks,

I have been rooting phones and installing Custom ROM's all along by using the guides for the phones I have.... But the one for Verizon Galaxy S4 confuses me and with the fear of ending up in a hard brick, I would need your help in installing 4.4 KitKat on the Verizon Galaxy S4. Specs are below,

Model - Verizon Galaxy S4 SGH-I545
Current ROM - Android Revolution HD 2.1
Baseband - VRUAMDK
Android Version - 4.2.2
Bootloader - Obviously locked.
Rooted - Yes

I want to install 4.4 KitKat on the phone.. So wanna know.. which recovery to install and how to install.. whether by flashing zip in the Custom Recovery which I have.. or using ADB.. And the prerequisites for doing so.. Like baseband upgrade or anything which is needed before going ahead.. There is no specific guide here which would tell what all steps to follow.... and what are the requirements..

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Hello Folks,

I have been rooting phones and installing Custom ROM's all along by using the guides for the phones I have.... But the one for Verizon Galaxy S4 confuses me and with the fear of ending up in a hard brick, I would need your help in installing 4.4 KitKat on the Verizon Galaxy S4. Specs are below,

Baseband - VRUAMDK
Android Version - 4.2.2
Rooted - Yes

I want to install 4.4 KitKat on the phone.. So wanna know.. which recovery to install and how to install.. whether by flashing zip in the Custom Recovery which I have.. or using ADB.. And the prerequisites for doing so.. Like baseband upgrade or anything which is needed before going ahead.. There is no specific guide here which would tell what all steps to follow.... and what are the requirements..

https://www.google.com/#q=mdk+loki+custom+recoveries

also a number of youtube videos available. If you phone is mdk and you haven't taken any OTA's you are sitting pretty as you can do loki, have a choice of several custom recoveries and install any ROM developed for the verizon S4

Reactions: phrozenwire

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I am going ahead with this recovery...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2425429

CWM 1/26/2014 6.0.4.7 + Loki

One question.. once I flash this recovery... Would I have ext-sd card support ?

Also I want to upgrade the modem.. Should I go for HLOS.bin file or the one without HLOS.bin

I use Philz recovery which is based off CWM so yes your going to have ext SD card.
As far as modems go... I'd just flash the modem only file once in recovery.

Sent From My Verizon S4

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

I'm using the mk2 modern right now that can be found here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487298

Sent From My Verizon S4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Folks,

Baseband - VRUAMDK
    Android Version - 4.2.2
    Rooted - Yes

https://www.google.com/#q=mdk+loki+custom+recoveries

also a number of youtube videos available. If you phone is mdk and you haven't taken any OTA's you are sitting pretty as you can do loki, have a choice of several custom recoveries and install any ROM developed for the verizon S4