HOW-TO Downgrade from 4.3 OFFICIAL MK6 to LJ2 4.1.1

Search This thread

aki234

Apr 2, 2014
downgrade my note 2

Hey guys i want to downgrade my note 2 from 4.3 to 4.1.2.

Please send me the link to download firmware 4.1.2

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California
I don't think anyone has tried that. Could be wrong. The process that works is this guide and the guide in the post above yours.

If you want to try sammobile.com has our firmware. And I think @Bajanman has it in his rom/kernel/modem thread in dev

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

I don't think anyone has tried that. Could be wrong. The process that works is this guide and the guide in the post above yours.

If you want to try sammobile.com has our firmware. And I think @Bajanman has it in his rom/kernel/modem thread in dev

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
The official 4.1.2 MA4 package contains a bootloader file. Odin flashing it on top of the official 4.3 MK6 bootloader will cause Odin to barf, and send your phone into "use KIES to recover" status. You can get out of this by successfully flashing anything else in Odin, but that's a hassle...

So ... I took a look at my uploads and realized I had created the package you seek a few weeks back for someone else.. here it is, the UCAMA4 4.1.2 Odin package minus the sboot and tz files... use this instead of the 4.1.1 package, flash and enjoy:

http://d-h.st/t1k

For those who have a Rogers i317m, here's the same thing for VLBMA3:

http://d-h.st/KDX

Queue the Back to the Future theme and....<click>

dicksteele

Sep 4, 2010
California
The official 4.1.2 MA4 package contains a bootloader file. Odin flashing it on top of the official 4.3 MK6 bootloader will cause Odin to barf, and send your phone into "use KIES to recover" status. You can get out of this by successfully flashing anything else in Odin, but that's a hassle...

So ... I took a look at my uploads and realized I had created the package you seek a few weeks back for someone else.. here it is, the UCAMA4 4.1.2 Odin package minus the sboot and tz files... use this instead of the 4.1.1 package, flash and enjoy:

http://d-h.st/t1k

For those who have a Rogers i317m, here's the same thing for VLBMA3:

http://d-h.st/KDX

Queue the Back to the Future theme and....<click>

Sweet. I forgot about that.... I think I have that in my software vault :laugh:

Downloading again in case I don't

PassingThruLife

Jun 6, 2012
has anyone actually had 100% success in reverting back to 4.1.2 and not having the 4.3 bootloader remain?

i dont care about the knox counter,worst comes to worst i run the phone over with the lawnmower and use the insurance(can they still tell LOL).

has anyone actually had 100% success in reverting back to 4.1.2 and not having the 4.3 bootloader remain?
Once you are on the official 4.3 bootloader there is no revert possible of the bootloader. All other aspects of the firmware can be reverted if desired. There are several threads in general and Q&A that detail how to do this.

Reactions: PassingThruLife

equlizer

Sep 20, 2007
I'm still wondering how this blows a fuse when there was none in this phone to begin with. It has to be software written to some chip we cannot access or something. There is a repair center at my local mall and they have removed knox warranty voided on note 3's. I've seen it! but they wont tell me how. They must have a nand write or something?

urself25

Nov 22, 2009
Gatineau
Did everything yesterday. Back to 4.1.1. KNOX still active. Just have to find a way back to 4.3 with root now. OTA does not work but I assume it's because of CF-root.

dicksteele

Sep 4, 2010
California
Did everything yesterday. Back to 4.1.1. KNOX still active. Just have to find a way back to 4.3 with root now. OTA does not work but I assume it's because of CF-root.

That would be here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618447

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

that will avoid the warranty right ?

What would ?

mistrchow

Apr 20, 2014
Hey guys i want to downgrade my note 2 from 4.3 to 4.1.2.

Please send me the link to download firmware 4.1.2

ATT SGH-I317, never rooted.

I also wanted to do this and I did but it failed on 4.1.2 because I didn't find this thread until it was too late. I ended up going to 4.1.1, triped knox.

So using what Zen Arcade said there. Will I be able to go from 4.3 (Previously) to 4.1.1 (Current) to 4.1.2 using the "UCAMA4 4.1.2 Odin package minus the sboot and tz files"

Last edited:
ATT SGH-I317, never rooted.

I also wanted to do this and I did but it failed on 4.1.2 because I didn't find this thread until it was too late. I ended up going to 4.1.1, triped knox.

So using what Zen Arcade said there. Will I be able to go from 4.3 (Previously) to 4.1.1 (Current) to 4.1.2 using the "UCAMA4 4.1.2 Odin package minus the sboot and tz files"

Yes... you are on the MK6 bootloader though... you will get to 4.1.2 firmware, but you will have the 4.3 bootloader, and it will continue to report in DL mode (and perhaps elsewhere) that you have flashed custom firmware.

angryphoton

Feb 19, 2011
Tried this procedure but in ODIN says FAIL on first window:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_I317UCALJ2_I317ATTALJ2_215287_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

My phone was all stock running 4.3 OTA. The phone bugged out last night on me (stuck on Samsung Logo boot screen), did a Hard Reset/Factory Wipe several times to try and get it running again but it did not work. Phone still gets to Recovery Mode and Download Mode so it is not completely bricked? (Or is it ?). I tried doing this in the hope that I can get my phone working again but did not even get far. Am I doing something wrong or is my phone a goner?

TIA.

Last edited:

mistrchow

Apr 20, 2014
Yes... you are on the MK6 bootloader though... you will get to 4.1.2 firmware, but you will have the 4.3 bootloader, and it will continue to report in DL mode (and perhaps elsewhere) that you have flashed custom firmware.

Thanks on 4.1.2 now. is it possible to flash to the last update before 4.3? Which would be 4.2.2 correct? Is there a 4.2.2 firmware out there that doesnt have a bootloader like 4.1.2. Thanks.

Thanks on 4.1.2 now. is it possible to flash to the last update before 4.3? Which would be 4.2.2 correct? Is there a 4.2.2 firmware out there that doesnt have a bootloader like 4.1.2. Thanks.
Last update before 4.3 for att was still 4.1.2 - ucamh3. Check my sig for a link to a thread that will get you there..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For people wanting to unlock there Note 2 SGH-I317 but can't due to being on 4.3 MK6 (OTA) or you just hate KNOX and want to kill it here's a guide on how to do so.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE BLOWS UP, KILLS JUSTIN BIEBER OR BRICKS. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

Ill try to make it as simple as possible with step by step instructions

STEP 1: Download the 4.1.1 LJ2 firmware from Sammobile and extract to Desktop or somewhere convenient (need and account)

STEP 2: Download Odin 3.07 or your preferred choice, open Odin

STEP 3: Put your Note 2 in Download Mode and plug into a RELIABLE usb port and a RELIABLE usb cable (preferably the white Samsung cable) and wait for it to show up in Odin (COM5 or something like that)

STEP 4: Click the PDA slot in Odin and locate the LJ2 4.1.1 firmware and wait for it to verify, it may look like the program freezes but its just verifying the md5 firmware.

BEFORE ANYTHING MAKE SURE IN THE OPTION AREA ONLY AUTO REBOOT AND F.RESET TIME ARE CHECKED!!!

STEP 5: Click START and wait. After a while Odin should say RESET in the BOX above the Option area

Did you notice that you note doesn't boot after a while?? This is because of left over 4.3 file not letting the system boot. Pull the battery and let the phone sit for a few seconds, pop the battery in and boot into stock recovery (HOLD VOL UP+HOME+POWER) and do a FACTORY RESET then reboot.

STEP 6: SUCESS!! If you did everything right your phone should boot into 4.1.1.

Click thanks if this helped you get unlocked and murder KNOX.
    Thats what im waiting to see as well... will it take ota after knox flag set, and if so, will it reset flag upon ota to 4.3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Working on that now.

Not only the Knox flag, but it's got the MK6 bootloader already. Not sure if that's going to barf either.

EDIT: Flashed with ODIN to LJ2 from MA4, pulled battery, got into recovery, factory rest, booted fine.
    Rooted, now running triangle away then will try OTA.

EDIT 2: Interesting. System update found update. Size is only 302 mb. The 4.3 OTA was over 700. We'll see. Slow DL connection, 13 %. Going to be a little bit

EDIT 3: Wow. 302 mb update downloaded, restarted for install, it rebooted and I didn't catch to see if the install finished completely.
    Apparently it didn't. System was still at LJ2. Tried system update again, it said check in 24 hours. I set time again 24 hours, it found update again. The 302 mb update. Downloading again. I removed root and triangle away. We'll see what it does this time.

Edit 4: Update barfed. Got to 30% and received update failed message.
    Going to try to ODIN to MA4 then try it. Probably need to root and triangle away again.

Custom Binary Download: 1 count
    Current Binary: Custom
    System State: Custom

EDIT 5: ODIN'd to MA4, triangle away to Official, removed root and triangle away, verified with Root Checker. Verified MA4 is system, radio, kernel.
    Tried system update, said Software was up to date. (LOVE IT !!)
    Set clock ahead 24 hours, now it says downloading software update. Since it did the connection to the DM server in the background real quick, I can't see status except it says it's downloading.
    If it barfs again I'll grab a logcat and see if anything is in there.

EDIT 6: Flaming piece of ****. Update failed at 30% for the 4.3 OTA. Interesting. So bootloader was MK6 and Knox is tripped and can't OTA from LJ2 or MA4. At least I can't. I'm pretty sure I had everything cherry except the bootloader and tripped Knox for it to succeed.
    Rooting and checking logs to see what I can see.
    My device was already ruined, and I now have a Note 3. So I am doing this to help you guys. :)
    I followed this exact procedure and it unbricked my phone, and restored it to 4.1.1.
    Awesome guys, looks like we have a back step process now. Thank you guys for risking your devices to discover this for us :D

Did you thank your Developer today?

Sort of.

We have a back step process BUT It DOES seem to void your knox warranty because even on 4.1.1 if I do the three finger salute, it says knox warranty = 1. So it does still blow the e-fuze.

I realize most people on here probably won't care about this, but in the interest of full disclosure I wanted to put it out there.